Potentially New impact players in Mountain West

Potentially New impact players in Mountain West

• This article list 5 players that could potentially have a breakout season.

All these players averaged 4 points or less the previous season. I would of put Holland in this category.

I guess no media outlet sees potential in any Fresno State players.

https://www.mwcconnection.com/platform/amp/2020/7/16/21320772/five-players-set-to-make-an-impact-next-season?utm_campaign=mwcconnection&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&__twitter_impression=true
  • Discussion
  • That's kind of a simple-minded thing to say. Not being in someone's Top 5 doesn't mean no potential is seen, it's the nature of ranking the five you see the most potential in (and of course this is all guesswork).

• jimmed said... (original post)That's kind of a simple-minded thing to say. Not being in someone's Top 5 doesn't mean no potential is seen, it's the nature of ranking the five you ...

There is a pattern here. A growing consensus on the perception of Fresno State basketball.
  • I agree we never seem to get any respect

• Teams and players earn respect by wining. Dogs played below .500 last season and that would earn players a lot of accolades. Dogs seem to be in perpetual rebuilding mode because of exodus of so many players with game experience. The talent is there but you gotta keep them more than one season to build a winner.

• house32 said... (original post)There is a pattern here. A growing consensus on the perception of Fresno State basketball.

There is also a pattern to your posting since Terry left, the new coach deserves some time, he's entering his 3rd season.

• If basketball follows what college FB has done there may not be a basketball season.

This post was edited by reddogpit63 5 months ago

• reddogpit63 said... (original post)If basketball follows what college FB has done there may not be a basketball season.

They're going to have to put all Mountain West teams in a bubble like the NBA.
  • There won't be any bubble in college sports unless it's a focused tournament.

• I think 2020 is gonna give CHut a lot of time to condition, practice and teach his young team to be competitive in 2021-22. Mid majors don’t have resources to replicate an NBA bubble season format. But hey some folks at the top say the pandemic is going to magically vanish. So who knows.

This post was edited by reddogpit63 5 months ago