Upcoming season projections

Upcoming season projections

• This one from Jon Rothstein

He still has Agau listed on the team

https://collegehoopstoday.com/index.php/rothstein-files/mountain-west-offseason-breakdown/

• Discussion
  • Unless he updated it, he’s got everything correct as far as the roster goes.

• I wonder what it is? By the way he's moving I'm assuming it's the ankle. Hopefully, he'll be ready to go by November.

https://mobile.twitter.com/i_b_ballin22/status/1288647744924590081

• TopNotchGame said... (original post)Unless he updated it, he’s got everything correct as far as the roster goes.

Oh yeah he did go back and change it from what I saw this morning. Good for him

• house32 said... (original post)I wonder what it is? By the way he's moving I'm assuming it's the ankle. Hopefully, he'll be ready to go by November.https://mob...

It looks like he’ll be at full speed in about a month.

• November would be nice but season will likely start in January so he has ample time to recover.

• I actually agree with these projections. One through four is anybody's guess.

Fresno State for them to have some kind of success or for them to improve on their win totals. The growth and developed of Robinson and Holland is key.

If Robinson comes back as a dominant force where you can go to him for key possessions you could see the win totals improve.

Also, the overall growth and development of the returning players could surprise the prognosticators. Maybe the Freshman come out dominant and playing like Seniors you never know.

This is probably wishful thinking, but anything's possible. It's ok to dream. LOL

This post was edited by house32 5 months ago

• house32 said... (original post)I actually agree with these projections. One through four is anybody's guess. Fresno State for them to have some kind of success or for them to ...

I thought it was a fair projection by Rothstein as well

• OR will be double, triple defended as Dogs primary scorer. Hart, New, Grimes are gone so who will step in to provide consistent scoring. More unknowns this coming season than last year. Another roller coaster season seems likely.

This post was edited by reddogpit63 5 months ago

• The good news is that they don't play the games on paper.

• **FAKE NEWS ALERT** don't sleep on Kyle Harding

• B3Wis3 said... (original post)**FAKE NEWS ALERT** don't sleep on Kyle Harding

What are your projections for Harding?

The last decent JC transfer the Dog's had was in 2016. Junior College transfers success stories at Fresno State are few and far between.

One thing about Harding is he's older than the typical Sophomore. The veteran savvy should be there. The on court maturity level should be there as well.
  • B3Wis3 said... (original post)**FAKE NEWS ALERT** don't sleep on Kyle Harding

I agree. I expect Harding to key contributor to this years team.

• ^ yup

• Forget about it.

• Paul Weir has another player transferring out.

This coach made the NCAA tournament at New Mexico State with another coach's players.

Came to New Mexico and had a nice run in his first season with another coach's players.

Once the well dried he's been in a constant struggle having to build on his own.

Sound familiar his situation is similar to Hut's except even more extreme.

https://mobile.twitter.com/JonRothstein/status/1293212576810246145

This post was edited by house32 5 months ago

• The only thing familiar is your hatred for coach Hut and COVID 19 affecting our lives

• 1IvyDog said... (original post)The only thing familiar is your hatred for coach Hut and COVID 19 affecting our lives

That's not hatred. That's constructive criticism.

The similarities are plain to see there is no smoke and mirrors here. Like Hut's first season.
  • house32 said... (original post)That's not hatred. That's constructive criticism. The similarities are plain to see there is no smoke and mirrors here. Like Hut's fi...

You're about as bias as Jerry Nadler. Hopefully....you don't look like him.

• fightdogs said... (original post)You're about as bias as Jerry Nadler. Hopefully....you don't look like him.

Your political spins have no relevancy in sports.

I didn't create the issues that are presented. I just bring attention to them.

Bias is when you turn a blind eye to issues of concern.