2019 Commit Thread

2019 Commit Thread

• 2019 commits so far...

Alex Kendrick, RHP, 6'1, 165 - Buhach Colony (Atwater)
    Hunter Bryan, 2B, 5'11, 165 - Redwood (Visalia)
    Jordan Brown, SS, 6'3, 180 - Junipero Serra (Inglewood)

• Discussion
  • jmckune said... (original post)

2019 commits so far...

Alex Kendrick, RHP, 6'1, 165 - Buhach Colony (Atwater)

Hunter Bryan, 2B, 5'11, 165 - Redwood (Visalia)

Jordan Brown, SS, 6'3, 180 - Junipero Serra (Inglewood)

I've worked with a couple pitchers from Buhach Colony in the past. They've had several play D1 over the past 5 years. Good program.

• Whats the criteria for the Dogs to recruit high school pitchers? More walks than innings pitched?

• FresnoFan2000 said... (original post)

Whats the criteria for the Dogs to recruit high school pitchers? More walks than innings pitched?

Nobody like a smartass! It won't ever stop will it? You must be one of those washed up wanna be athletes that never lived their dream.

• Batesol hates pitchers

• Hades247 said... (original post)

Batesol hates pitchers

Now that is really dumb comment. He may dislike pitcher who won't compete, but hate. That's just another person with BDS( Batesole Derangement Syndrome).

• Kevin Abel and Christian Chamberlain are both freshman stud pitchers for oregon state from san diego and reno respectively. Those are mountain west baseball towns. Wonder why they didnt chose to play in the mountain worst conference? I guess it has to do with the level of baseball looking like bush league summer ball. Batesole recruits all the leftovers and thats why his teams suck every year. They suck even in a weak conference like the mountain west. San Diego went to Corvallis for their regional and did the famous two and a bbq. Pitiful.

• FresnoFan2000 said... (original post)

Kevin Abel and Christian Chamberlain are both freshman stud pitchers for oregon state from san diego and reno respectively. Those are mountain west baseball towns. Wonder why they didnt chose to play in the mountain worst conference? I guess it has to do with the level of baseball looking like bush league summer ball. Batesole recruits all the leftovers and thats why his teams suck every year. They suck even in a weak conference like the mountain west. San Diego went to Corvallis for their regional and did the famous two and a bbq. Pitiful.

Let's see, a pitcher has the opportunity to play in the Pac-12, they have more resources, PAC-12 network. Why would a kid play in the Mountain West if he could play for a Power 5 conference. Why not get real once in a while. If you were a parent where would you send your kid? And for once I agree with you, he has to select the best he can who aren't already committed to Power 5 Conference teams. Doing pretty good considering how many games he has won with those so called leftovers.

• JetFive. Let me explain to you the ebb and flow of college athletics. Programs rise amd fall. Look at USC Trojan baseball. 30 years ago the bluest of the blue bloods. In omaha every year. Now they havent made a regional in just about as log as the Duffer Dogs. Look at Oregon State. 20 years ago the laughing stock of the Pac12. Now national champs.

My point is that the trajectory of the dogs is heading to University of the Pacific or Cal State Bakersfield status. Oh wait that reminds me. Several years ago the dogs tried to pad their schedule by playing CSU Bako and got the shit kicked out of them every time they played. Dogs are now an Air Force status program.

• Not a commit but an offer for an up and coming SS out of Venice HS.

• Dennis Springer’s kid has committed to Fresno State. He’s a big kid plays for a small school Sierra Pacific in Hanford. I also thought the big lefty from Sanger also committed to the Dogs.

Will Springer RHP Sierra Pacific (Hanford)

This post was edited by No25juice 2 years ago

• 109mph exit velocity on this hit...that's elite power/bat speed. With skills like that, he may just bypass college and go pro.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpVClZrnUbw/?utm_source=ig_twitter_share&igshid=bbptimxfqkus

• Mahki Backstrom appears to have the size. Only hit .275 as a Junior with no home runs, and 5 RBIs( Maxpreps) Maybe Maxpreps didn't have all the data but it was based on 25 games which seems to be right for High School. If he was a pro prospect now he would be dominating his league. However, lets hope he develops into the player he projects to be.

• Hunter Bryan from Redwood is legit. If he gets pitched to he will put up some good numbers this year. Can also hit 92-94 on the mound.

• Backstrom is no longer coming, as he signed with the Braves

• Hunter Bryan might be signing as well

• It’s official we lost a really good one. Hunter Bryan signed last night. Best of luck!!!