Dogs beat UOP with Presno walk-off

Dogs beat UOP with Presno walk-off

• Presno had struck out 4 times and homers with two outs and no one on in the 9th.

Dogs led most of the way but Larson struggled again out of the pen. Carvahal came on in the 9th with a one run lead but gave up a run. I called for it the other day, I think Carvahal is our best option at closer right now. Mitchell pitched well again and looks to be in line to join the weekend rotation. I assume we'll see Arias, Hill, and Mitchell this weekend with Carvahal closing.

The Dogs again struggled to get bunts down last night, it's really quite embarrassing. The one bunt they did get down was right at the pitcher and UOP turned a double play!

Eddie Zosky joined Paul in the booth last night. He mentioned several times in his stories about Bob Bennett how much they worked on fundamentals. It just seems like Batesole doesn't stress that and it shows. Our fielding is suspect, can't bunt, alarming number of strike outs, and runners have been picked off first at least 3 times this year.

• Discussion
  • NoCalDog said... (original post)Presno had struck out 4 times and homers with two outs and no one on in the 9th.Dogs led most of the way but Larson struggled again out of the pen. ...

With some exceptions, bunting is a waste of outs. Not sure why Batesole clings to this outmoded strategy.

• I agree and he should really think twice about it if we can't execute it. It's starting to become a joke.