Mountain West suspends spring sports due to coronavirus

Mountain West suspends spring sports due to coronavirus

• reddogpit63 said... (original post)All these CV19 deniers will be first to run out the door if someone coughs next to them.

I don’t think anyone denies that CV19 can kill. The debate is on the severity of the disease. I fall on the side of “better safe than sorry”.

• Finkle is Einhorn said... (original post)Which epidemiologists and infectious disease Dr.s are you reading that are projecting something different? I’d love to get some more optim...

Probably DeVry Truck Driving school

• firetown1 said... (original post)I don’t think anyone denies that CV19 can kill. The debate is on the severity of the disease. I fall on the side of “better safe than sorry”.

Yes. And people like s Steve are so biased they couldn't see this if it hit them in the face. Blame the media, fake news, that's easy for dumb people to spout.
  • Clovis Unified School District is shutting down schools for several weeks as a precautionary measure.

• BulldogJames1 said... (original post)Yes. And people like s Steve are so biased they couldn't see this if it hit them in the face. Blame the media, fake news, that's eas...

"easy for dumb people to spout". ................Take your own advice snowflake and shut up.

• BulldogJames1 said... (original post)Yes. And people like s Steve are so biased they couldn't see this if it hit them in the face. Blame the media, fake news, that's eas...

user generated

• firetown1 said... (original post)I don’t think anyone denies that CV19 can kill. The debate is on the severity of the disease. I fall on the side of “better safe than sorry”.

Plus, you need to keep this virus in perspective. We have 40 million people in CA and 4 deaths. 3 homeless people die every day in LA. Just saying.

• Please avoid false analogies in comparing death tolls from homelessness and other pandemics and/or social failures such as homelessness, poverty, drug and alcohol addiction, and mental health issues, among other issues, with corona virus. The best arguments avoid extreme swings and remain on topic! The truth is multilayered at the moment: on one hand, we do not know how egregious Covid-19 will ultimately be economically and on human health, but on the other hand, the panic to hoard things such as toilet paper and soap is indeed irrational. Best thing is to step back for 12 days or so and see what happens. I’m hopeful seniors will be given an opportunity to complete their sports careers and degrees with an extra year of eligibility given the extraordinary circumstances.

Go Dogs!

• Jetfive said... (original post)Plus, you need to keep this virus in perspective. We have 40 million people in CA and 4 deaths. 3 homeless people die every day in LA. Just saying.

To keep things in perspective, we’re probably a month behind in testing. The sad reality is all the undiagnosed unknowingly spreading the virus.

• This virus has just started to spread. The numbers are low because of reasons stated on here already.

• Scary but yes the numbers will likely spike as testing finally becomes accessible to Americans

• reddogpit63 said... (original post)Scary but yes the numbers will likely spike as testing finally becomes accessible to Americans

I agree, but more testing will probably drop the mortality rate.

• That's all you have, Low IQ Steve?

• What you've got to respect about Steve is that he's pretty low-IQ across the board, no matter the topic, there's something to be said for that consistency, and let's face it, some people are just kind of dumb, doesn't mean they don't have other productive or likeable/lovable qualities, just that they probably shouldn't post anything on fan boards aside from trivial and rah-rah stuff.

• The CDC recommends the cancellation or postponement of all events with 50 people or more for the next 8 weeks. NBA is aiming for a mid-to-late June return with no fans...

• BulldogJames1 said... (original post)That's all you have, Low IQ Steve?

That’s rich coming from you.

• LuDog70 said... (original post)That’s rich coming from you.

Oh, hey Mr. Know Everything. You still didn't answer my question in the Diner. I asked because I knew you were full of it and had no idea what you were talking about, again.

• BahaMan said... (original post)Coronavirus Timeline21 Feb - 4 Cases in Italy, 0 deaths11 Mar - 12,462 Cases in Italy, 827 deathsAre we really complaining about ball games?

Mar 20: https://experience.arcgis.com/experience/685d0ace521648f8a5beeeee1b9125cd

Italy: 41035 cases, 3407 deaths, 8.3 % death ratio.

• What a difference a week makes, huh?

• Italy death toll rose by nearly 800 yesterday. We have very few confirmed cases here in the Central Valley, but it's only because we aren't testing. Those with symptoms are to self quarantine. Only at risk and providers that are symptomatic are able to get tested.

• This will surely shut up the Corp Speaking Head from retorting “fake news” slogans and surely the “perplexed herd” that blindly and blithely follow will step back and use the critical thinking tool in the tool kit! If you see any one person rejecting medical and scientific facts, show compassion and help them see the truth! It is urgent and a matter of life and death that we reject racism and money and embrace community and human health first! People over profits!

Go Dogs!

• Don't trade deaths for dollars, just don't!