Today's the day! So will Trump pardon...

Today's the day! So will Trump pardon...

• 1. Himself?

2. Any of all of his kids?

3. Any or all of the members of Congress who supported him?

4. Any or all of his attorneys, specifically including Rudy Giuliani?

5. Any or all of the seditionists who stormed the Capitol?

===============

I vote:
    1. Yes
    2. Yes
    3. No
    4. Yes
    5. No

• Discussion
  • He'll pardon a lot of people who have paid good money for a pardon.

• CoachFord said... (original post)He'll pardon a lot of people who have paid good money for a pardon.

Well theoretically, that money was paid to lobbyist friends of his and not to him personally. Surely you aren't meaning to suggest that our transactional president is getting his cut, are you?

• He should pardon Assange and Snowden

• modestobulldog said... (original post)He should pardon Assange and Snowden

Why, or why not? Plus, are the two cases really similar?

• He'll have a hard time getting to the 1937 issued by obama..

• Why do 2 and 3 require a pardon? Is there something out there that I’m not aware of?

• Presidents are not required to reveal who they have pardoned. So a lot of folks when charged with federal crimes like Trumps kids can pull out of pocket a paper stating they have presidential pardon and walk away free.

This post was edited by reddogpit63 1 month ago

• firetown1 said... (original post)Why do 2 and 3 require a pardon? Is there something out there that I’m not aware of?

Pre-emptive, I would assume. Just in case. And his children are currently being looked at by multiple groups for tax and monetary crimes.

• Rugger11 said... (original post)He'll have a hard time getting to the 1937 issued by obama..

How many of those 1937 were family, friends and himself?

And in any event, the raw numbers are not relevant. Most of Obama's were low level drug offenses, in many cases so low level that they aren't even crimes anymore, but that still resulted in long term sentences. Some, because of three strike laws, were life sentences.

• firetown1 said... (original post)Why do 2 and 3 require a pardon? Is there something out there that I’m not aware of?

They don't, necessarily, but they could. These would be pre-emptive. The argument has been made that pretty much anybody who has been promoting the "election fraud" fraud, despite having access to all the intelligence that disproves it, is guilty of sedition.

Besides, our Paranoid-in_Chief could claim that he and his family should not be subjected to huge legal bills for having done nothing wrong as the witch hunt continues and intensifies after he leaves office.

There is an argument to be made that the President cannot pardon himself and a further, second argument, that the president cannot pardon others with whom he is engaged in a criminal enterprise.

This post was edited by Yoda 1 month ago

• reddogpit63 said... (original post)Presidents are not required to reveal who they have pardoned. So a lot of folks when charged with federal crimes like Trumps kids can pull out o...

I heard that but think it must be subject to some sort of controls. Otherwise, (say) Don Jr. could let the Justice Department work for two years building a case against him and only after they have spent all that time and money, pull out his get out of jail free card. Further, if the president takes some letterhead with him, what would prevent him from backdating pardons after he leaves office?

• Joe Exotic is so confident that he's going to get a pardon that his team has a limo on standby just down the road from his prison.

• retrofade said... (original post)Joe Exotic is so confident that he's going to get a pardon that his team has a limo on standby just down the road from his prison.

Wow, you weren't kidding!!

• Yoda said... (original post)They don't, necessarily, but they could. These would be pre-emptive. The argument has been made that pretty much anybody who has been promoting th...

Your first paragraph is ridiculous, and I don’t have a comment on the other two paragraphs.

• retrofade said... (original post)Joe Exotic is so confident that he's going to get a pardon that his team has a limo on standby just down the road from his prison.

Who is Joe exotic?

• Yoda said... (original post)1. Himself?2. Any of all of his kids?3. Any or all of the members of Congress who supported him?4. Any or all of his attorneys, specifically including ...

You should beg pardon for your non stop dumbassery.

This post was edited by LuDog70 1 month ago

• Reporting is saying that he's not pardoning himself or his kids, since that would open up a ton of legal avenues after tomorrow. Although I'm sure a lot of his enablers and jailed cronies will be getting them.

• Yoda said... (original post)How many of those 1937 were family, friends and himself?And in any event, the raw numbers are not relevant. Most of Obama's were low level drug of...

You mean the murderers and convicted terrorists he pardoned? Not terrorists by the fake news definition, actual terrorists.

This post was edited by LuDog70 1 month ago

• firetown1 said... (original post)Your first paragraph is ridiculous...

Why do you say that? Fraudulently claiming that an election was stolen, when you know that it was not, and doing so with the intent of overthrowing a legally and fairly elected candidate for US President, is the epitome of sedition.

• LuDog70 said... (original post)You should beg pardon for your non stop dumbassery.

YAAAAWWWWWNNNNNN.....

• LuDog70 said... (original post)You mean the murderers and convicted terrorists he pardoned? Not terrorists by the fake news definition, actual terrorists.

Reading is fundamental. Try it.

• And it's Bannon! He's first off the blocks with a late-night presidential pardon.

• Lil wayne.

• Assange should be pardoned, he does real journalism, just passing on important information.