***Atlanta Falcons running thread

***Atlanta Falcons running thread

• Well, the Dirty Birds are in the big show for the first time in 18 years and the second time ever. Once again, they face a future HOF quarterback and possibly the greatest dynasty in NFL history.

• Discussion
  • Well, the Dirty Birds are in the big show for the first time in 18 years and the second time ever. Once again, they face a future HOF quarterback and possibly the greatest dynasty in NFL history.

This time we have Matt Ryan and not Chris Chandler

• Got the Patriots winning 35-17

• This time we have Matt Ryan and not Chris Chandler

Having the MVP instead of a wily veteran helps. Also helps having arguably the best wide receiver in the NFL and a Top 10 All-Time offense.

• Got the Patriots winning 35-17

So what you're saying is that over a 60 minute period the falcons Offense will only have 3 scoring drives. I just don't see that.

• In. I am still on cloud 9 about the Super Bowl.

• So what you're saying is that over a 60 minute period the falcons Offense will only have 3 scoring drives. I just don't see that.

Your giving arguably the greatest coach in NFL history 2 weeks to prepare he takes away the teams number option (Julio)... He is going to make Sanu and the run game beat them and Atlanta has a young defense vs the greatest qb of all time

• Your giving arguably the greatest coach in NFL history 2 weeks to prepare he takes away the teams number option (Julio)... He is going to make Sanu and the run game beat them and Atlanta has a young defense vs the greatest qb of all time

You must not watch the Falcons. They set NFL records this year for number of different players scoring TDs. I'm sure they will double Julio like all teams. All Ryan does is find the open guy, much like Brady.

• If anyone had been there yesterday they would have no doubt that we have a 50/50 shot at beating the Pats. I sacrificed my voice along with 70,000 other fans.

It wasn't a game, it was a celebration of the best team in the NFL this year.

• Do the Dolphins get a running thread?

Dolphins suck azz

• Dolphins suck azz

damn

• damn

It'll get better before it gets worse for Miami, I like the new HC and y'alls defense was banged up.

• Just looked at the box score and Vic Beasley's only stat was 1 pass deflection. 0 tackles 0 sacks. Wasn't able to see how many QB pressures. For our best defensive player to have virtually no impact on the game and still keep Rodgers to 21 points, it's outstanding.

Regardless of the outcome of the Super Bowl I feel lucky to have watched this team all year long and I'm proud of this team.

• You must not watch the Falcons. They set NFL records this year for number of different players scoring TDs. I'm sure they will double Julio like all teams. All Ryan does is find the open guy, much like Brady.

That's the way I see it too. If they focus too much on Julio everyone else will hurt them. This is probably the most complete offense I've ever seen. No one threat makes This team go.

• Your giving arguably the greatest coach in NFL history 2 weeks to prepare he takes away the teams number option (Julio)... He is going to make Sanu and the run game beat them and Atlanta has a young defense vs the greatest qb of all time

Are you even being serious? He can cover Julio with two guys if he wants. What will he do then when we split out one of the rbs who run routes like receivers, or any one of our other 3 receivers or TEs? You do realize it won't be possible to man up and shift coverage to Julio while covering four other options with huge play potential right? No chance they score less than 30.

We got this, we are gonna kick NE ass.

• The biggest mismatch i see is gonna be Coleman and Freeman on the big slow LBs of NE. I can see Coleman and Freeman having big games catching the ball out of the backfield.

• As a Patriots fan, I'm going to have to temper all y'alls expectations (which you should be doing on your own being Dawg fans too....)

So what you're saying is that over a 60 minute period the falcons Offense will only have 3 scoring drives. I just don't see that.

Super Bowl XLII - Top 3 offensive season in NFL history, Patriots score 14 in the Super Bowl....

Having the MVP instead of a wily veteran helps. Also helps having arguably the best wide receiver in the NFL and a Top 10 All-Time offense.

How about an MVP QB, the best season maybe ever by a WR and a top 3 all time NFL offense? 2007 Patriots, and we all know how that turned out....

It's going to be a good game, just be wary making predictions like these. Anything and everything can happen in the SB.....

• As a Patriots fan, I'm going to have to temper all y'alls expectations (which you should be doing on your own being Dawg fans too....)

Super Bowl XLII - Top 3 offensive season in NFL history, Patriots score 14 in the Super Bowl....

How about an MVP QB, the best season maybe ever by a WR and a top 3 all time NFL offense? 2007 Patriots, and we all know how that turned out....

It's going to be a good game, just be wary making predictions like these. Anything and everything can happen in the SB.....

I agree anything can happen but you simply can't compare this years Patriots defense to either of those Giants defenses.

• I agree anything can happen but you simply can't compare this years Patriots defense to either of those Giants defenses.

Didn't make any comparisons to the Giants, and I was only talking 2007. Don't get me started on 2011 haha. Hell, I didn't even mention the Giants. But if we want to talk about how good the Giants' defense was that year... Week 17, Pats put up 38 on them, and I don't know if I remember correctly, but I believe the Giants were not guaranteed a playoff spot at that point, so it wasn't a mail in game at all for them. But for comparisons sake:

2007 Giants
    PPG - 21.9, Rank - 17th
    YPG - 305 - 7th

2016 Pats
    PPG - 15.6, Rank - 1st
    YPG - 326.4 - 8th

As we've seen over and over again, 1 or 2 plays can decide the game. Let's not get ahead of ourselves because ATL has a strong offense. Remember, we're talking about the GOAT coach and GOAT quarterback in NFL history here.

Thats the U off topic board.

• Go Falcons! Finally a team from ATL breaks through.

• Dirty Birds!

• Who have the patriots played this year? Falcons have played a tougher scheldule and played better than the Pats.

• If anyone has been there yesterday they would have no doubt that we have a 50/50 shot at beating the Pats. I sacrificed my voice along with 70,000 other fans.

It wasn't a game, it was a celebration of the best team in the NFL this year.

I remember, cause I was there