***Atlanta Hawks running thread

***Atlanta Hawks running thread

• Hawks are fourth in the East. Do you think they should/will trade Paul Millsap

• Discussion
  • Hawks are fourth in the East. Do you think they should/will trade Paul Millsap

If he is unwilling to sign a long term deal. Then yes. If he is willing to then keep him.

• To read this post and more, subscribe now - 50% off Annual VIP Pass first year

Become an Annual VIP member today and get access to VIP content, ad-free forums & more.

Join
  • To read this post and more, subscribe now - 50% off Annual VIP Pass first year

Become an Annual VIP member today and get access to VIP content, ad-free forums & more.

Join
  • Trade him and build for the future.

Join

Join
  • We need Danny Ferry back. Keep Paul or get a top pick for him.

• We need Danny Ferry back. Keep Paul or get a top pick for him.

Yep

Not a fan of the "Rebuild in Place" methodology. Maybe Ferry was skilled enough to pull it off, but our brain trust was a guy who was a long time Asst Coach a few years ago who is being backed up with someone with even less experience. Really think we should simply take all the guys over (say) 27 and have some value (e.g., Millsap, Howard, Thabo) and deal them for whatever we can get. Go with the kids for the rest of the season, then go into the off-season with a high pick, a boatload of caproom, and some moveable assets down the road.

• Not a fan of the "Rebuild in Place" methodology. Maybe Ferry was skilled enough to pull it off, but our brain trust was a guy who was a long time Asst Coach a few years ago who is being backed up with someone with even less experience. Really think we should simply take all the guys over (say) 27 and have some value (e.g., Millsap, Howard, Thabo) and deal them for whatever we can get. Go with the kids for the rest of the season, then go into the off-season with a high pick, a boatload of caproom, and some moveable assets down the road.

Main issue with that is their record. They basically have to lose the rest of their games in order to get a top 10 pick

• Main issue with that is their record. They basically have to lose the rest of their games in order to get a top 10 pick

This is a really good draft though - not sure if you need a top 10 pick to walk out with elite talent. According to DX, names like Adebayo and Giles could be there in the mid-1st. Worst place to be in the NBA is a 2nd round out and if there's 1 thing that the Hawks have proven over the last decade is that is exactly what we are. Better to get the talent and provide the opportunity than to simply go on to prove - again - that you simply aren't championship caliber.

• Anyone else jus watch today's game? Wow

I sat down with 1 minute left in regulation planning to relax for a second before writing the Haselwood story. Then, over an hour later, I felt like I had been on the court myself. What a game!

• I sat down with 1 minute left in regulation planning to relax for a second before writing the Haselwood story. Then, over an hour later, I felt like I had been on the court myself. What a game!

Just Nuts. Good friend of mine was there (Kinicks fan). Glad he sat there and watched that loss lol.

One of the best games of the year so far in the NBA!

Join
  • ??

• Hawks have a 90% change to get bounced in the first round.

• roflmao at the Cavs tonight

Lost to the Hawks by 14 in Cleveland with 5 Hawk starters out

• The Eastern conference looks like SEC East football. Nice win by the Hawks lat night though. They had no business winning that game.

• The Eastern conference looks like SEC East football. Nice win by the Hawks lat night though. They had no business winning that game.

How about again today??

• How about again today??

Missed the game but saw the box score. Lol at the Cavs blowing a 26 point lead to the Hawks with not all of their starters leading the charge. The Hawks are playing tough but it's looking like whoever comes out of the West is going to pummel the East winner. The Western conference playoffs will be better than the finals.

• Looks like they are starting to come together. Perfect timing

• Looks like they are starting to come together. Perfect timing

Complete different attitude on Cavs and Hawks teams right now

• Bump for the nice 2 game stretch at home.

Game 5 back in Washington