For all of you climate change people.

For all of you climate change people.

• You want to tax our economy into a ditch, but say nothing about the pollution committed by China or India. The pollution is so bad in New Delhi, India that driving is going to be limited. Schools are closing and people are being advised to stay inside. You should force India and China to decrease their pollution and then we can talk.

• Discussion
  • Questions for you:
    1) Considering giving tax breaks to the 1% and corporations have further increased our debt, we have to tax something to pay for services for society
    2) That's a dumb as ***** take. Because China isn't doing it, we shouldn't do it. Since when does America take direction or hints because China or India do or don't do something. We should be leading by example.

• Rhpmiller88 said... (original post) Questions for you:1) Considering giving tax breaks to the 1% and corporations have further increased our debt, we have to tax something to pay ...

We aren't the reason for climate change, yet you want to destroy our economy. Does that make one sense of reason?

• Sir, this is a Wendy’s

• poleman said... (original post) We aren't the reason for climate change, yet you want to destroy our economy. Does that make one sense of reason?

Please explain to me how it would destroy the US economy. Don't worry, i'll wait...

• Rhpmiller88 said... (original post) Please explain to me how it would destroy the US economy. Don't worry, i'll wait...

92 Trillion dollars to pay for the new Green Deal! You don't think that will drive the economy into a ditch. SMDH! If I'm not mistaken that is in just a 10 year period. Who knows what it will actually cost and how it will effect the booming economy!

This post was edited by poleman 2 months ago

• Rhpmiller88 said... (original post) Please explain to me how it would destroy the US economy. Don't worry, i'll wait...

Explain how it wouldn’t.

This post was edited by _DC 2 months ago

• China is decreasing their pollution.

Green new deal still sucks though.

• poleman said... (original post) 92 Trillion dollars to pay for the new Green Deal! You don't think that will drive the economy into a ditch. SMDH! If I'm not mistaken th...

$51-92T estimate over 10 years, so $5.1-$9.2T per year. That's certainly a significant cost. No argument there. But how does that cost tank the economy? They said if Obama was elected and re-elected the stock market and economy would tank. They said if Trump was elected, the stock market and economy would tank. I'm not saying it would or wouldn't hurt the economy, just no way to know without a more-detailed plan in place.

First, a wealth tax can help pay for a significant chunk of that. Don't know if you know this, but those tax cuts given by the current administration have actually done the exact opposite of what they were supposed to do, and the national debt has increased around $1T per year under the current administration. So by taxing the uber wealthy and corporations, that gives more money to the government to continue to build services for its citizens, instead of putting the burden on the average American.

Additionally, the need to replace lead piping, weatherproof housing, etc. creates TONS of union-level jobs for the average working American, while also reducing their energy costs.

Look, i'm not saying the Green New Deal is the way to fix everything, but you gotta be pretty ignorant to think that where we live is totally going to get better on its own and all the natural disasters and climate change doesn't cost the average American and local/state/national governments either. Especially when we might not even be alive in the next decade because we're going to be drinking lead and arsenic again...

https://www.npr.org/2019/09/12/760203456/epa-makes-rollback-of-clean-water-rules-official-repealing-2015-protections

• Where is that 9.2 trillon dollars per year coming from? Answer that for me. Do you think the government is the answer for everything? Answer that?

• Wealth tax, corporate tax, incentives for regular Americans and local governments to update their homes and communities.

No, I don't the government is the answer for everything, but it's certainly their responsibility to ensure the safety and general welfare of the communities, states, and country they serve. Isn't that the point of a republic?

I mean the government has to continue to bail out farmers over the current administration's incompetence. So is it ok for the government to start trade wars, keep increasing debt, harm families and Americans, grant tax cuts for the uber wealthy and corporations that hurt the economy and average American more than they help? Should we just let those farmers and families fall by the wayside?

When a hurricane, tornado, flood, etc. destroy homes and communities, should the government not intervene and help rebuild those lives? The frequency and intensity of these natural disasters has increased over the past several decades and many scientists believe climate change and global warming are the reason.

Going back to your original question and point of this topic, why do you think we shouldn't do something about climate change? (you know there are still ways to make an impact beyond the Green New Deal)

• You do know that the Chinese and Indians are not bound by The Paris Climate Accord. Meaning they can still pollute with out controls. The worlds biggest polluters just keep doing what they are doing and you want to punish American workers and industries to pay for a stupid Green Deal. Just Damn. You also want health care for all that will cost another 5.2 Trillion dollars per year. Tell me where the tree is at that is growing this money.?

• I'm trying to have an actual dialogue with you about this, but you're quoting the exact same thing as before. I get it if you don't know how to form critical and comprehensive thinking, versus repeating the same thing over and over again. I wish you the best with that.

So you're confirming that you don't think that we, as Americans, should be held to a higher standard than a communist-led country (China) or a formerly-third-world country (India)? Wow, that's sad.

And I don't think you realize that Americans are already being punished by the increase in natural disasters (Harvey caused $125B in damage in Houston alone) and steps backwards we're taking with air/water quality (Fun Fact: We're ranked #27 in the world, and actually declining). So we're going to be closer to China and India than you may want to be.

But have fun with all of that, Boomer.

https://epi.envirocenter.yale.edu/2018/report/category/hlt

• So the USA is the reason that climate change is happening and we are the only one that can stop it. Forget China ans India! They get a pass! BULL *****! You still haven't shown me where the money tree is at to pay for the 14.4 trillion dollars of new spending per year is at if a Democrat is elected president.

• poleman said... (original post) So the USA is the reason that climate change is happening and we are the only one that can stop it. Forget China ans India! They get a pass! BULL *...

Pretty sure you're part of the uneducated white male contingency that is overwhelmingly and blindly supporting this administration because 1) I already told you where it could come from, 2) you continue to spew incoherent, repetitive nonsense, and 3) you don't seem to realize that any new policy, law, etc. has to go through the house/senate, so a Democratic president isn't really the issue.

Even your Fox News peons want a wealth tax, chief.

user generated

user generateduser generated

• Rhpmiller88 said... (original post) Pretty sure you're part of the uneducated white male contingency that is overwhelmingly and blindly supporting this administration because ...

If you confiscated every penney of money that all of the Billionares in America have it would total just over 8 Trillion dollars. That is a one time deal. It;s gone and will never come back. That would pay for just over half of the one years new spending that the Democrats are proposing. Does that really make sense to to you as that would destroy our economy? Are you that stupid or is your hatered of Trump blinding you. Being highly educated dosen't make you smart. You have been indoctrinated to believe a certain way. I believe what I believe because I've lived thru it. I have gone thru the Carter disaster years. I been thru the 1% annual growth under Obama. You don't know S--t. As Bill Clinton stated " It's the economy, Baby". China and India are going to kill us all in 12 years if you believe what AOC says any ways.

• A Hedge Fund owner from New York just paid 110 million dollars for a beach front estate on the Atlantic Coast. Is he stupid or is all this climate change stuff bull *****!

• Rhpmiller88 said... (original post) $51-92T estimate over 10 years, so $5.1-$9.2T per year. That's certainly a significant cost. No argument there. But how does that cost tan...

Your link states it all. Where you get your info is key. NPR?

Obama and Trump are people holding an office. $50+ Trillion is a hard number that comes directly out of taxpayer pockets or is printed by the reserve resulting in currency devaluation.

You’re wrong on the current economy. It’s steam rolling. Wages up. Black & Hispanic unemployment all-time record low. That’s not debatable.

If you took every dime from all 62 or so billionaires in the US, those funds would fund this green new deal for less than 1 year. After that, it tanks because those billionaires aren’t investing in growth. They (along with most of the wealthy and corporations) will move $ back overseas to avoid high taxes. That results in less jobs, higher unemployment, and less tax revenue. You have just received a 3 year education on how that works vs the 8 previous years under Obama and a different ideaology

Besides, anyone around during the late 70s was hearing about global warming then. “40 years and we’re dead”. Here we are. In the 90s it was 20-30 years and a new name...climate change (because average temps were actually dropping). If you choose to live your life believing the world will end, that’s your right but the majority won’t agree because the evidence debunking it is there...just not on NPR.

How is the GND paid for if there aren’t enough rich people to fleece? Your taxes. Punitive taxes. Additional gasoline taxEs got one. This alone will raise the price of gas and ALL goods you touch, breathe, consume and use. Less jobs + higher costs of goods = the economy tanks. People can’t and won’t buy. People (even climate change believers) will be angry. See France’s gas riots.

Oh, and who gives anyone the right to take more of someone else’s hard earned money? Most rich got that way by working their butts off. It’s morally wrong and economic stupidity.

So what do we need to do? The same thing we’ve been doing since the 80s. Innovate. Technology and innovation have led to a far cleaner environment. It’ll continue to do so. Personal awareness and continued emphasis on respecting the environment because we want it clean and enjoyable for all is key.

This world will be here until God decides otherwise or if you choose, the universe shrinks back to the energy particle it started from. Thinking we can destroy it is arrogant AND it opens the door for government to take more of your rights via regulation and taxes. Don’t think that’ll happen? FDR’s new deal was supposed to be temporary. 90+ counties in VA are fighting for their 2nd amendment RIGHT to bear arms. 45 years ago, we thought it was just a mass of cells being aborted. 20 years ago we knew better so President Clinton agreed abortion should be the last resort. Today, NY and VA have laws allowing abortion at birth. That’s also called Infanticide in civilized cultures. Government ALWAYS over reaches. Government ALWAYS wants more power and control over the citizenry.

Working to keep our environment clean so our world doesn’t end up with more China’s and New Delhi’s is just good common sense...environmentally and economically. The same common sense that should be used to recognize when you’re being manipulated to give up more of your $ and rights to a government who promises to save you from the victimhood created for that very purpose

This post was edited by JunkYardDawg84 22 days ago

• JunkYardDawg84 said... (original post) Your link states it all. Where you get your info is key. NPR?Obama and Trump are people holding an office. $50+ Trillion is a hard number th...

You have one thing right for sure. Any new taxes imposed for the New Green Deal will hurt the poor and middle class more than the Millionares, Billionares, and the Elitest in Washington, D.C.

• poleman said... (original post) You have one thing right for sure. Any new taxes imposed for the New Green Deal will hurt the poor and middle class more than the Millionares, Bill...

It’s all right. Documented. Proven. Facts don’t care about feelings.