Home/cabin rentals in N.Ga. mountains

Home/cabin rentals in N.Ga. mountains

• Fellow Dawgs,

Looking for suggestions on best areas to rent a home in the North Georgia mountains this June.

It's a family trip -- my wife and I and four kids ages 5-11. We live in South Florida -- I grew up in Middle Georgia but never spent a lot of time in the mountains, and my kids were born and raised down here so this will be really new to them.

One of the main things we're looking for is a property that includes a stream or river access, not to fish but just kick about in or tubing. Thinking the Helen area, but completely open.

Appreciate anyone taking time to respond.

• Discussion
  • blue ridge. just great.

• Lots of good rentals in the Elijay area. Look for something on the Carticay River.

• Just booked in Cherry Log/Blue Ridge area for the week of November 3rd. Peak fall colors and celebrating a beat down of the Lizards.

• The wife and I took a day trip yesterday to Blue Ridge and we really enjoyed it. We will go back again for sure. Laid back atmosphere. Great food and a lot to see in a small mountain town.

• There is a place in Chattanooga/ north ga where you can rent and stay in treehouses. It’s really cool . Think the name is treetop hideaways