Why Does the Population That Represents 12% of The Country

Why Does the Population That Represents 12% of The Country

• I'm late to this discussion, but I'll simply say this to any minorities out there reading this - sometimes people simply are assholes, and they really aren't prejudiced, bigoted or racist. Speaking of which, if you don't know the distinct difference between the three (this goes for everyone), please refrain from immediately throwing the racist/racism word out there without educating yourself first on the actual definition of the word and how it differs from the other two.

Getting back to assholes, I consider myself a nice, easy going guy and I have no criminal record, yet I've been treated poorly if not horribly thousands of times in my life, mostly by those as the same race as me (white). From vicious HOA letters threatening to kick me out of my home due to the color of the mulch I use (no, I'm not making this up), from cops treating me if I just robbed a bank for going 14 over the speed limit on the interstate, with a pregnant wife and screaming toddlers in the back...there are a LOT of miserable people out there who are looking to ruin your day regardless of the color of your skin.

These people are called assholes, and they don't care anything about you, other than making you miserable. Now, to be fair, I've never lived the life of a minority, so this a VERY important distinction to make. But, again there have been thousands of times in my life where I've been treated poorly by someone of my own race, and if I were of a different race, I very well might question whether that person was prejudiced or maybe even bigoted.

Again just throwing that out there, and next time someone of a different race treats you poorly, don't automatically assume the worst and label them as some evil bigot. Instead, contemplate just how miserable they might be inside due to God knows what, label them a miserable asshole accordingly, and go about your day.

• Narcissistic or sociopathic people always find a way to blam others besides themselves. I learned a lot about some posters ITT

• DIESELdawg said... (original post)

I'm white. My dad was pulled over 15 years ago and taken to jail because his truck "looked the same" as another criminal in the area wanted for something. They didnt believe him when he said he wasnt the guy. Both cops were black. Never did he have a racist word to say about them. He did demand they write an apology letter for throwing him on the ground and embarrassing him in our town, but he never felt victimized and doesnt throw police under the bus to this day.

Why does everything have to be racially based? I blame the media and the have to have it now crowd. Maybe the problem is too many people believe the first thing they read or someone tells them to think. Tired of the media/democratic race/gender war. We would all be better served to move on

Agree whole heartedly with your last paragraph. Media blows this whole Racial epidemic more than what it is and pushes it . Most people now believe of a white male is wearing a MAGA hat he is racist. I’m no way saying that America does not have racial issues because it does. But so does every other country in the world . Hell most countries it is ten times worse . But media pushes that white people and black people can not get along and that is BS . I have a lot of African American friends and one of them is my best friend although he a Michigan fan. I see different racists everyday walking down the street or hanging out. America does have a lot of hate in it but I believe it has more Good than it does bad.

• uga82 said... (original post)

Agree whole heartedly with your last paragraph. Media blows this whole Racial epidemic more than what it is pushes it . Most people now believe of a white male is wearing a MAGA hat he is racist. I’m no way saying that America does not have racial issues because it does. But so does every other country in the world . Hell most countries it is ten times worse . But media pushes that white people and black people can not get along and that is BS . I have a lot of African American friends and one of them is my best friend although he a Michigan fan. I see different racists everyday walking down the street or hanging out. America does have a lot of hate in it but I believe it has more Good than it does bad.

To be honest with you. It isn't about race as much as it is being a victim. You are black and you are always the victim. Latino, you are a victim if stopped by LEO's. It's the perception that makes you a victim not your actual actions in a liberals view.

This post was edited by poleman 11 months ago

• RaineyDawg said... (original post)

Represent over 40% of those imprisoned?

If you’re really interested in the answer of that question then I recommend you watch “13th”. A Documentary on Netflix if you haven’t seen it already. It’s pretty clear that a lot of the ppl on this board are not 12% on the nation’s population and highly recommend y’all watch it too. I’ll make a guess that y’all probably won’t like what you see but keep an open mind and you’ll def learn a lot.

• DidNotGo2UGA said... (original post)

Represent over 40% of those imprisoned?

Because they keep breaking the law?

• poleman said... (original post)

I have long contended that nothing good happens after midnight.

Before I turned 40, the best things happened after midnight. The older I get, the less I’m even awake after midnight.
    If you have kids, I completely agree with that sentiment.

• DIESELdawg said... (original post)

[quote id="128464958"]

Easy for a white person to say. You don’t live it every day.

Nevermind. Wont go there

I do. I'm a minority out here on the islands. The police target white people all the time out here for stupid stuff, while they allow the local local people to get away with other stuff. Oh well. Just don't break the law, and you won't have a problem.

• Because they are profiled and targeted far more than members of the majority race. For instance, African Americans and Caucasians use drugs at about the same rate. However, African Americans are far more likely to be arrested for possession. They also consistently receive longer prison sentences for the same crime.

• July 19th today. A week to Remember for correcting issues like this. Was a Big Problem, and will still take some time, but this week was/is a Huge step in the right direction. Congratulations to new General Mahlock. First African American female General!

and Right on Q 3000 prisoners to be released

https://www.wsj.com/articles/justice-department-set-to-free-3-000-prisoners-as-criminal-justice-overhaul-takes-hold-11563528601?mod=e2tw

This post was edited by ChancedIt 6 months ago

• I agree with the some people are *********, and I’ll also agree that there is a race problem in this country. There’s racists of all colors! ALL, and it’s unfortunate that black people have to deal with it. There’s been many times where I’ve been treated rude by a black person just because I’m white. The problem with black people goes back a LONG time. After the civil rights movement there weren’t opportunities for black people like there is today. So black people congragated in their own neighborhoods and secluded themselves. Drugs and crime take over because of hard times. Law enforcement looks for patterns and I hate to say it but the majority of criminals are minorities. Some of them it’s because of their environment some of them are just bad people. I hate to say it but until the country comes together it’s never going to change. I’m a more conservative leaning constitutionalist but one thing that’s common with Democrats is THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT BLACK PEOPLE. PERIOD! They care about power and your vote. Look at the epic shitholes that have been run by Democrats for 40 years. Chicago, Baltimore, NY, Detroit, and the list goes on. The people in those areas keep doing the same things expecting a change. There is a bigger movement of conservative black Americans than ever before. Guess who the Democrats are talking about though? Illegals, because they know that they have the black vote. They had it last election and still lost. Until people come together for a common goal and start having good dialogue and not letting the government & media divide them it’s not going to change.

This post was edited by NCDawg2223 6 months ago

• DawgDookie said... (original post)

Poleman. Read my post again. Then read yours. This is my country. Ive served it honorably. I never suggested moving. However, when i get pulled over by the white police in my subdivision because he says the car I was driving was registered to a womans name i feel harrassed. Especially when the car is my wifes. Who pulls someone over for that with a drawn weapon? What was the reason for running the tags in the first place? Hmmmm black man, all white subdivision, nice vehicle. Nigga must be a thief.

My dad (white) was pulled over and swarmed by 6 officers, guns drawn back 15 years ago. His vehicle was registered to someone who stole his identity and robbed a liquor store. They didnt give a shit his skin color. They threw him on the ground and put a boot in his face; arrested him and held him for 13 hours until my mom was able to prove thru bank records, friends testimonies, etc it wasnt him that did those things. Yall crack me up with this stuff. Maybe instead of feeling sorry for yourselves all the time and blaming others, you should man up and become someone the law cant DEFINE.

• DIESELdawg said... My dad (white) was pulled over and swarmed by 6 officers, guns drawn back 15 years ago. His vehicle was registered to someone who stole his identity and robbed a ...

Someone stole his identity, registered the car he drives in their name and never took the car?

• I am middle class white guy Going home from work at the hospital in uniform, My car breaks down on the way home ,cop stops puts me in the back of his cruiser and takes my keys and searches my car ,including the trunk. I ask him why you putting in your car he said it was for my own protection. I never had people tell me the cop was racist, for me cops are just asses many times. You have just been told your whole life cops are racist, only blacks have problem with cops ect.

• Everyone is under the impression that police officers are here to protect and serve. They are not. Repeat they are not here for that reason. The SCOUS ruled last year in a case from Colorado that police are here to process the justice dept rules and laws. Basically their here to watch someone hurt you then they start the legal process. That is their job legal paperwork only. Helping is a accident, from your Goverments standpoint. Cops are asses, whites know that blacks thinks they have rights when they are stopped by cops. That is what all young people should be told about a police officer stopping them. The Man has no color