Went to a signing day event last week...

Went to a signing day event last week...

Arrow176
  • UGA hosted an event for donors the night before signing day at the Foundry in Athens.. This is the 3rd year they've staged this and it's really well done and all Coaches attended and spoke..According to UGA, this has become their most well attended event for donors-I was an invited guest ...Every Coach spoke and talked about their family and the kids they recruited..It's very easy to see why we recruit so well as every Coach is high energy with the personality to recruit..I've been every year, but truly believe this is our best staff..Coach Cavan stated as much when he concluded the evening..He's been at UGA many, many years except for HC stops at ETSU and SMU and he believes this is the best UGA staff ever..

Monken is a straight shooter and quite candid-His Son actually played baseball with Carson Beck about 10 years ago in Jacksonville, so they are familiar with each other..One thing I gathered from listening to the Coaches was the character of the incoming recruits is high..Somebody did ask Dell about Evans and it was a "Been told not to comment"...Coach Warren relayed that one of the new DB's sends him inspirational messages everyday-He said, "that's supposed to be my job"....

Dell said Milton measured at 6'2-230 now with a gain of 8-10 lbs already and will be monitored for his optimum playing weight.Lots of good chatter about Jalen Carter and how hungry some of the other recruits are..

Highlights of each player were playing on the video board as was a presentation of the new addition to Butts-Mehre which is impressive..Believe the weight room was 22,000 and the lounges were state of the art.. Athletic board is meeting on Wednesday...

Was really impressed with the new guys and especially Coach Luke as he came in and hit the ground running..He literally went to work immediately and visited his first recruit in a borrowed pull over..Kudos to him for holding serve on our OL class as he was getting to know, introducing himself and recruiting them on limited time frame and obviously did well-Loved Coach Pittman, but Coach Luke was a home run hire...Coach Monken is a straight shooter who gets right to the point-refreshing...Reporters will enjoy their one day with him

The band, food and fellowship with Dawg fans was enjoyable and on my yearly bucket list...Sinclair gave the crowd a little energy drill/pep talk which was entertaining..Coaches were very candid, but did ask for some discretion, so I'd best go

• Discussion
  • This is what I pay for thank you

• Thanks for sharing sir. Go Dawgs!

• Good stuff Lake! Can I be your plus one someday?

• The kid that sends the inspirational messages is Major Burns if I’m not mistaken.

• HossDawg35 said... (original post)The kid that sends the inspirational messages is Major Burns if I’m not mistaken.

That kid is hungry and will be a fan favorite.

• LakeNormandawg said... (original post)That kid is hungry and will be a fan favorite.

Read many good things on him. I couldn’t agree more with you

• LakeNormandawg said... (original post)UGA hosted an event for donors the night before signing day at the Foundry in Athens.. This is the 3rd year they've staged this and it&#...

Was there a specific recruit that you could tell the coaches were really giddy about. Anybody you got the feeling they felt he will be a superstar.

• MADDAWG2020 said... (original post)Was there a specific recruit that you could tell the coaches were really giddy about. Anybody you got the feeling they felt he will be a superst...

Carter

• Lake, did they give any thoughts on Newman?

• Thanks lake awesome update

• So we want Milton to gain weight? I thought it would be the opposite.

• You’re my boy blue.

• ugajuve said... (original post)Lake, did they give any thoughts on Newman?

Took a couple weeks getting acclimated, but has been a team leader and fitting in well.

• Lake you da man

Still hope we can tailgate again one day. Bring your cook! Those tenderloin sandwiches were awesome

• Thx for sharing Lake. Much obliged.

• Pic 6 Post Lake

• Thank you sir! Good stuff

• Good stuff Lake, invite me as your guest for next year . lol, Meeting needs two south ga dawg fans of the mature type . lol GATA

This post was edited by bhdawg 3 months ago

• Lol Luke was rocking that same pullover for like a week. Guess he was on the road for several days before even stopping in Athens. Relentless

• Good stuff Lake! Thanks

• I believe if Dell had commented on Evans it would have been a violation because even though we are no longer recruiting him he is still a prospect.

• Serious question Lake. How much do you have to donate to get invited to an event like this?

• kriddi73 said... (original post)Serious question Lake. How much do you have to donate to get invited to an event like this?

It was a Magill event

• LakeNormandawg said... (original post)UGA hosted an event for donors the night before signing day at the Foundry in Athens.. This is the 3rd year they've staged this and it&#...

Great post Lake. Sorry I missed it. I was in Swampland watching us blow a 22 point lead...

• LakeNormandawg said... (original post)That kid is hungry and will be a fan favorite.

I just love his name.