Hawaii adds commitment from Oklahoma transfer Zacchaeus McKinney

Hawaii adds commitment from Oklahoma transfer Zacchaeus McKinney

• Discussion
  • Hawaii just got a commitment from Oklahoma transfer DT Zacchaeus McKinney.

https://mobile.twitter.com/zackmckinney1/status/1346566777745117187

This post was edited by Blu808 19 days ago

• https://247sports.com/player/zacchaeus-mckinney-91187/ Das what I'm talking about! It's a good year to hold onto some scholies for the late signing period.

• Will he be here for the spring semester?

• NICE

Also already earned his degree. I like the quality and character players that Graham is bringing in. Also noticed he's another Texas guy. Baller.

• Did a quick check. I believe he's played a total of 2 games in his OU career, once as a RS freshman and in this season's opener. He entered the portal several weeks into the season after not playing since the opener. Hopefully, he can resurrect his career under Graham and staff.

• Boomer!

• Shows you the caliber of depth that Oklahoma has when a player of this level doesn't get into the rotation. Graham can reel them in!

• Nice! Smooth athlete with power. Needs to stay low. Pair with Blessman -- watch out! Less double teams.

• I don't care if these guys weren't playing at these top power 5 schools, the 3 transfers for us definitely add athleticism that we didn't have before!

• Sweet. We got a good interior pickup, now let’s get a good pass rusher.

OL depth, and big play receiver.. Can UH go after Trey Walker?? Or can he only play out of conference? I still feel Ealy can be a huge target in this offense. Mardner can bill up and learn to battle for 50/50 balls.

A QB to push Chevan. And immediate safety help. Corner depth.

• You can never have enough defensive linemen who can play ... hope he makes spring practice. Mahalo Z.

• Let’s continue to troll that transfer portal. With the hold over year and new recruits coming in, many power 5 players will not have playing time and can contribute immediately for Hawaii. Go Bows!

• I hope Graham continues to look for more players of caliber such as this from him connections in the Texas area.

He said he’s looking for more cover defenders. Maybe we see a nice pickup in the secondary

• if he can get lock down corners that frees up safties to support the run and blitz He and his staff have relationships and that makes a difference. People trust Graham and will recommend him to players.

• Nice pickup (going off his 2017 highlights) DL has been the weak spot for the team for a few years now, need like 1 or 2 more NT and some DE's.

• Ikaikaoliona said... (original post)if he can get lock down corners that frees up safties to support the run and blitz He and his staff have relationships and that makes a differe...

Will be interesting to see if Cortez declares for the draft or comes back. He’d be a huge void to fill.

• I expect a cover/ball hawking safety that they will pursue. Like a Mana Silva type of player.

• I'm sure there's a ton of power-5 benchwarmers that could easily get in our rotations.

Can't showcase your stuff for the NFL scouts while riding the pine. Come to UH fellas and ball out.

• Cody808 said... (original post)I expect a cover/ball hawking safety that they will pursue. Like a Mana Silva type of player.

Mana Silva was one of the best bouncebacks we had. Started at Boregon State, ended up in the UH record books for career interceptions.

• Bowzo said... (original post)Will be interesting to see if Cortez declares for the draft or comes back. He’d be a huge void to fill.

I saw the Cortez interview when he was named all Mountain West 2nd team. It sounded like he was aiming to come back to get 1st team all-conference.

• Don’t forget about Kemon Smith too. He was a 3 stars coming out of HS too. Smith was ranked #9 coming out of Jc. The addition of McKinney and Smith next year should make our Dline much better.

• ayywhole said... (original post)Don’t forget about Kemon Smith too. He was a 3 stars coming out of HS too. Smith was ranked #9 coming out of Jc. The addition of McKinney and Smith ...

Everybody should be well rested come the 4th quarter with a deep rotation and Graham calling 3 early defensive timeouts by the end of the 3rd quarter for them to catch their breathes.

• I wonder if this also means that Jonah Lauulu will now be a full time TE. There will be a logjam on the Dline. A couple were injured this past season and will be back next season...Kemon Smith and Mason Vega. Then you have guys like Gabriel Iniquez, Maurice Taa’la and Ezra Evailmalo who could crack the rotation.

Blessman Taa’la Justus Tavai Alex Kapoi, Kemon Smith, Zach McKinney, Mason Vega, Mason Mataafa, Gabriel Iniquez, Maurice Taa’la, Ezra Evailmalo, Jonah Kahahawai-Welch. If Graham let DuJuan Matthew and Derek Thomas come back next season, we should be 4 deep across the d line.

I wish I could mention the name Doug Russell but he have yet to do anything in his 4 years here. Hope year 5 will be his break out year but not counting on it,

This post was edited by ayywhole 18 days ago

• Is he 2 for 2? Redshirt sophomore in 2019 I saw?