2021 recruiting

2021 recruiting

• audi1234 said... (original post)I think Jones is actually higher now but whatever. None of them were like top 35 recruits so it's a crapshoot who turns out better. I haven't watch...

They're all good enough that if our player development does their job they can be solid 4 year contributors at minimum.
  • where is Nesbitt to Illinois coming from? Shows Warmer to st Louis on our recruiting board

• tourguide1 said... (original post)where is Nesbitt to Illinois coming from? Shows Warmer to st Louis on our recruiting board

My question too.

2d question: When is he deciding?

3d question: What the heck is a biliken? (nvm: link to wikipeadia which will get me banned. #lame).

This post was edited by SirIllini 4 months ago

• just the typical rumors on other boards

• audi1234 said... (original post)just the typical rumors on other boards

He means by that, deep insider sources.

This post was edited by wesalex 4 months ago

• audi1234 said... (original post)Always liked him better than Jones anyway lol

I'm still pissed about Jones.
  • IlliniBuckskin said... (original post)I'm still pissed about Jones.

Maybe once he actually visits DePaul he’ll change his mind.

• SirIllini said... (original post)Maybe once he actually visits DePaul he’ll change his mind.

Maybe after one year, he will have had enough and being looking to transfer up.

• Covid-19 has changed everything. Nobody wanted to go to DePaul to play in front of an empty stadium. Now all the stadiums are going to be empty so it is a level playing field.

• ptgrd23 said... (original post)Covid-19 has changed everything. Nobody wanted to go to DePaul to play in front of an empty stadium. Now all the stadiums are going to be empty so i...

What do you mean?? According to the projections when they built that place, they have 12,000 at every game.

• SirIllini said... (original post)My question too.2d question: When is he deciding?3d question: What the heck is a biliken? (nvm: link to wikipeadia which will get me banned. #lame...

Cuts list to 3 on the 17th and announces October 1st.
  • tourguide1 said... (original post)where is Nesbitt to Illinois coming from? Shows Warmer to st Louis on our recruiting board

It is much more logical to pick the Illini instead of slu. So he will probably pick the local junior college. Slu makes no sense.
  • Illini1956 said... (original post)It is much more logical to pick the Illini instead of slu. So he will probably pick the local junior college. Slu makes no sense.

It makes a lot of $ense

• I thought one of the SLU players tweeted out that Nesbitt had already committed to them, then deleted the tweet.

• ILLINI9089 said... (original post)I thought one of the SLU players tweeted out that Nesbitt had already committed to them, then deleted the tweet.

Sherron Collins supposedly committed to Illinois back in the day, but then his hs coach told him he couldn't until they heard the final offer from Kansas. Of course, no one ever produced the cancelled check.

This doesn't have anything to do with Nesbitt, but is a reminder that recruiting is fluid.

• FestivalSausages said... (original post)Sherron Collins supposedly committed to Illinois back in the day, but then his hs coach told him he couldn't until they heard the fina...

His HS coach may have said that....not sure. But the biggest factor, from what I rememeber, was Bruce Weber told SC to take his trip to KU. That way SC could be sure of his commitment to UI.

• Illini1956 said... (original post)I thought Nesbitt was the highest rated and our most coveted small forward recruit over Jones.

Think that's a fair statement
  • SelfconFour said... (original post)His HS coach may have said that....not sure. But the biggest factor, from what I rememeber, was Bruce Weber told SC to take his trip to KU. That ...

Hahaha

Even if false, it’s completely believable.

• FestivalSausages said... (original post) a reminder that recruiting is fluid.

Is that the same thing as liquid?

• So what’s the point of the whole “top 3” nonsense? All we’ve been hearing is SLU for some time now. Obviously it’s never over (as Jones reminded us) until they commit or, in some cases, sign. But enough already. Let us (literally meaning us fans, realizing coaches have to play along just in case) focus on kids who want to play for, by most all current prognosticators, a top ten team . . . in the best conference in America. Obviously that’s not important to this guy so, whatever. Good luck dude.

• Anon6297853_Scout said... (original post)So what’s the point of the whole “top 3” nonsense? All we’ve been hearing is SLU for some time now. Obviously it’s never over (as Jones re...

I mean, what's ever the point of a top 3 and a big announcement. Kids like to do that and make it an event. (not judging it, just stating reality)

• Anon6297853_Scout said... (original post)So what’s the point of the whole “top 3” nonsense? All we’ve been hearing is SLU for some time now. Obviously it’s never over (as Jones re...

If the recruiting process is more than you can take, maybe you should stay on the sideline. The young guy has a tough decision with positives and negatives for each school in his Top 3. Hang in there for another 17 days.

• Anon6297853_Scout said... (original post)My point, wise guy, was that the process for some of these “players” has become a bit over-dramatic. I’m not losing any sleep over this “t...

Then move on.

• SirIllini said... (original post)HahahaEven if false, it’s completely believable.

I can't speak to the validity of the statement. But I can say it was all over multiple messages boards as gospel back in the day. And used to bash Bruce's recruiting (as it should be if true) endlessly.

This post was edited by SelfconFour 4 months ago