2020 NFL Draft

2020 NFL Draft

• NittanyIllinois said... (original post)Turns out 4 Big Ten underclassmen went undrafted. Betiku and 3 others, to include Javon Leake of Maryland. Something is definitely up at UMD...

A player just died there...
  • thedawson123 said... (original post)A player just died there...

2 years ago, under a different coaching staff. I don't know how much that affected a kid like Leake's decision to go pro early.

• NittanyIllinois said... (original post)2 years ago, under a different coaching staff. I don't know how much that affected a kid like Leake's decision to go pro early.

Who's to say
  • No one knows and totals re the draft by conf except the sec ???

Big Bob in Brandon

• buglebob said... (original post)No one knows and totals re the draft by conf except the sec ???Big Bob in Brandon

Big Ten had 48 draftees, I believe. A solid #2 behind the SEC.

What's even more striking about our NFL draft class is that we didn't even have anybody signed as a free agent -- unless somebody signed today that I totally missed. Not a single one.

This post was edited by NittanyIllinois 7 months ago

• So we were No 2 then !?
    If you get best 64 to 48 in a basketball game you got thumped pretty handily. So not too sure how solid that was unless you mean the No 3 conf had maybe only 38. Who was no 3 ACC or PAC 12 (or is it still 10?) Im guessing.

Big Bob in Brandon

• thedawson123 said... (original post)That's a low bar. I want him to leave us feeling confident in him going forward.We have paid him a lot of money and so far it's been a waste

Well I haven't felt confident this was our guy since day 1. I still don't think he's our guy but what can you do? I mean would 6 wins be enough where the recruiting hasn't been up to par to get Whitman to see the light and do what needs to be done? Remember this is his hand picked boy.

At this point here's where I'm at with Lovie Smith. He's on a year to year basis. Not sure if he had an extra year added to his deal but some money was pulled from the last 2 years forward and some incentives. Maybe we get lucky and he leaves us in an ok spot and hangs it up at the end of his contract. idk..
  • buglebob said... (original post)So we were No 2 then !? If you get best 64 to 48 in a basketball game you got thumped pretty handily. So not too sure how solid that was unless you ...

Yes. #3 was the Pac-12 I believe, with something like 33.

The SEC has the most talent in the country. That's not a surprise.

• Betiku signed with the Giants.