5 Phase Plan Leaves FB in doubt for 2020?

5 Phase Plan Leaves FB in doubt for 2020?

• Actually on the topic, I believe the NFL will play with or without fans this fall. I think college sports are much less likely to play but certainly not out of the realm of possibility.

As far as what's best, I don't know what's best. I do know the goal posts continue to be moved.

The shutdown was initiated to lower and/or lengthen the curve so as not to swamp medical facilities. That has happened.

An,d I do know no matter what we do, whether it's staying locked down or opening, there will be more deaths. Neither course is without risks.

This post was edited by felix7 6 months ago

• JB was asked if he would let Chicago sports teams play in other states and he kind of stammered around.

It could be that Illini FB just plays all road games in 2020?

• IMHO the NCAA probably killed football for this year when they announced that there would be no sports until the campuses reopened and the students were back. Does anyone really think that the individual administrators are going to re-open the campuses by late August? I hope so, but I wouldn't want to bet a lot of money on it.

• KofiTime said... (original post)I think by the end of this month, they will change their tune and realize the worst is over. My county hasn't had any new reported cases in 2 ...

17 new cases in Coles County today.

• Yep. I don’t think corona is going away. It’s going to be a tough old slog.

But, also think doesn’t matter if you keep closed or stay open, it’s going to spread.

Question is whether NCAA will bother to play with no crowds?

• If there are students ,there will be football and basketball. It's possible the football cseason could be shortened and pushed back for both sports.

This post was edited by Cardinal51 6 months ago

• This thread is bordering on becoming Boneyard material...the demented souls over there would welcome it.

• awy2407 said... (original post)This thread is bordering on becoming Boneyard material...the demented souls over there would welcome it.

Their is a huge thread on the pandemic over there. As long as we keep this one focused on the sports' aspects, I'm cool with it continuing.

• jms397 said... (original post)Their is a huge thread on the pandemic over there. As long as we keep this one focused on the sports' aspects, I'm cool with it continuing.

Good.

Is it possible that some Big Ten teams will play and others won't be able to due to their state's restrictions? I think there is ZERO chance that UM plays.

• RainbowWolverine said... (original post)Good.Is it possible that some Big Ten teams will play and others won't be able to due to their state's restrictions? I think ther...

I dunno, there was a lot of UM gear worn by the protestors and militia folks at the state capitol. Are they going to allow the season to be canceled?

• ILLBuschman said... (original post)The CDC is a private company that develops vaccines? Tizzy this even dumber than believing there is a firmament above the clouds. Also why would ...

They don't develop vaccines, but they will profit from it. And I don't know your infatuation with this Tizzy person, but it ain't me.

• bcosec said... (original post)JB was asked if he would let Chicago sports teams play in other states and he kind of stammered around. It could be that Illini FB just plays all roa...

He stammers every time he opens his pie hole. I just hope he opens up downstate. He can keep Chicago locked up for all I care. I just wanna see Illini games being played.

• RainbowWolverine said... (original post)Good.Is it possible that some Big Ten teams will play and others won't be able to due to their state's restrictions? I think ther...

Leave it up to the coronavirus to spare Michigan the pain of their annual 2-game losing streak to end the season :)

• KofiTime said... (original post)They don't develop vaccines, but they will profit from it. And I don't know your infatuation with this Tizzy person, but it ain't me...

Haha, ok.

• Cardinal51 said... (original post)If there are students ,there will be football and basketball. It's possible the football cseason could be shortened and pushed back for both ...

Cardinal51. I wouldn’t be so sure there are students, and if there are, I have a feeling things could be very restricted.

I have one up there now and another one headed there (hopefully) in August. 3rd generation. We are Illini through and through.

CU hasn’t had a lot of cases, Rantoul actually is in the lead due to a meat packing plant.

However, think about it this way. In the fall you will have almost 50K students coming from all over the US and world. How’s that going to work?

The current plan prohibits gatherings of 50+ until there is a vaccine, herd immunity or the virus disappears on its own. There won’t be lectures on campus. Maybe discussion sections? Most classes online I bet

How do you social distance in a dorm? My younger is going to live in a quad, 2 per bedroom with a common living area and bathroom.

Think about the bar scene on campus. How do they let 500 kids pack into the new Kam’s on First and Green?

I know we have had terrible crowds, but we have had more than 50.

Even playing football with no crowd you will have 50+ gathered. I bet you need 500+ just to pull off a game with no fans. JB’s Order doesn’t allow that until Phase 5.

What have the players been doing? No spring FB. I don’t think they can even lift. Read an article that NBA just now letting some players (4 at most at one time) go to practice facilities.

I am just not seeing how we have a football season at Illinois in 2020, but I sure hope I am wrong.

• I think football is on!

• NittanyIllinois said... (original post)You should stop, every independent source is also biased in their eyes.I'm happy to work you into the bet as well.......should be easy ...