Bowl Game Tickets Not Moving...

Bowl Game Tickets Not Moving...

• audi1234 said... (original post) So for anyone at the game, how was the crowd? It didn't look that bad to me for a second tier bowl out in Cali.

2nd tier bowl ? Now I finally know for sure what type of mentality I find here every day.

Man - The Citus and Outback bowl are 2nd and 3rd tier games along with Gator, Peach etc. Then holiday and maybe about 6 others . Then Sun and about 5 others then whatever then Redbox. Mid ? not - 2nd tier - a laugh. We probably lost $. There was no interest. No prestige, no effort to make an impression and no rewards.

2nd tier - really.

Big Bob in Brandon

• bcosec said... (original post) DasIllini: Do you have an estimate of the scanned ticket attendance for the Illinois v Northwestern game?I have been guessing 7,000. However, I just ...

Jeff D'Alessio had an article on this in the News Gazette today. He did an open records request on ACTUAL attendance at home games. NW game was 11,800. Average home attendance this year for seven games was 23,794. Best attendance during Smith tenure was 47,877 vs. North Carolina which was the only draw to exceed 35,000 in his time here. Avg. attendance during 2018 was 22,074, for 2017 it was 24,596 and for 2016 it was 30,875.

• BRucksJr said... (original post) Jeff D'Alessio had an article on this in the News Gazette today. He did an open records request on ACTUAL attendance at home games. NW game w...

The attendance numbers are simply miserable. And someone here believes 5 wins with occasional 7 wins will get butts in the seats.

• thestilt said... (original post) I liked Tate (and he once called me a moron off air during a Saturday morning SportsLine on WDWS). Back then he was our Jeremy Werner, Derek Piper...

He had access to information and people that most of us did not. He rubs elbows with the program elite and has little time or interest in the great unwashed. Unwashed being everyone not connected to the program in some way that benefits him. Yes, he is a good and often accurate writer about Illinois, its history, capabilities and propects. He just doesn't have to be such an a**.

• buglebob said... (original post) 2nd tier bowl ? Now I finally know for sure what type of mentality I find here every day.Man - The Citus and Outback bowl are 2nd and 3rd tier gam...

What was so disappointing to me is that of all the B1G teams playing in bowls, Illinois gave the poorest performance. I understand injuries and all but we just didn't look well coached.

• BRucksJr said... (original post) Jeff D'Alessio had an article on this in the News Gazette today. He did an open records request on ACTUAL attendance at home games. NW game w...

BRucksJr.

Thanks for this info! I knew it had gotten pretty bad.

I am skeptical of the NW game number. I will accept it, but I am surprised it was not sub 5,000.

• buglebob said... (original post) 2nd tier bowl ? Now I finally know for sure what type of mentality I find here every day.Man - The Citus and Outback bowl are 2nd and 3rd tier gam...

There really is no limit to the things you will complain about, is there?

• jacktotherack said... (original post)There really is no limit to the things you will complain about, is there?

Well ----- Nope !

Big Bob in Brandon

• bcosec said... (original post)BRucksJr. Thanks for this info! I knew it had gotten pretty bad. I am skeptical of the NW game number. I will accept it, but I am surprised it was no...

I was in Chicago for the Northwestern game and had every intention of attending it. I could not get even one of 5 family alums and a few other friends to even consider going down to C-U. So we had a game watch at my son's house in Frankfort. The party was over by half time. The Illini were so brutally bad. Pathetically coached team !

Big Bob in Brandon

• TrueOrangeAndBlue said... (original post)What was so disappointing to me is that of all the B1G teams playing in bowls, Illinois gave the poorest performance. I understand injurie...

We are indeed very poorly prepared and coached. But Lovie is solid for next three years at least.

That in itself gives us all a good idea of where our football program stands in the grand scheme of things at the Univ of Illinois.

Big Bob in Brandon

• buglebob said... (original post)2nd tier bowl ? Now I finally know for sure what type of mentality I find here every day.Man - The Citus and Outback bowl are 2nd and 3rd tier game...

Shesh dude, relax. All I was doing was conveying this isn't exactly a big bowl to travel to. 2nd tier, 3rd tier, fine, whatever

• buglebob said... (original post)We are indeed very poorly prepared and coached. But Lovie is solid for next three years at least.That in itself gives us all a good idea of where o...

Thanks for this. I wasn't sure what your stance was on Lovie. He'll probably get even lazier now