Dr Kameno Bell, ex Illini RB

Dr Kameno Bell, ex Illini RB

• Great story about true meaning of the student athlete and how one can prepare for life after college sports.

From CPL's Whitney Young, then to Champaign and then to Med school and residency. Awesome job both in the classroom and on the gridiron. Great job Dr Bell.

https://fightingillini.com/news/2020/4/22/football-kameno-bell-a-true-american-hero.aspx

• Discussion
  • Didn't Kris Jenner go onto being a big time orthopedic surgeon and the becoming a hedge fund guru?

This post was edited by orangez80 7 months ago

• orangez80 said... (original post)Didn't Kris Jenner go onto being a big time orthopedic surgeon and the becoming a hedge fund guru?

Yes indeed. After his only pass attempts led to 3 Bama interceptions, he needed a 2nd career:). Illini had 7 picks in that game and still only lost 21-15 in Bear's last game.

https://www.facebook.com/657034151117633/posts/illini-legends-lists-lore-kris-jennersun-02052017-1234am-mike-pearson-for-a-man-/740831372737910/

This post was edited by illtex 7 months ago

• illtex said... (original post)Yes indeed. After his only pass attempts led to 3 Bama interceptions, he needed a 2nd career:). Illini had 7 picks in that game and still only lost 2...

If I recall correctly, he was recruited and offered a scholarship, by Kentucky to play basketball.

I remember that Mike White was really high on his potential until he tore up his knee.

Hard to believe that this stuff happened almost 40 years ago. I can still hear Harry Kallas announcing, intercepted by Jeremiah Castille.

This post was edited by orangez80 7 months ago

• I guess I never understood why great stories like this only get a few posts while goofy arguments about whatever go on for pages on end.

Congratulations Dr. Kameno Bell on your outstanding career at Illinois and your outstanding medical career. You are a true role model for young people everywhere.

• Great story. Really like reading about what the players that I watched while at U of I are doing now.

Clearly Bell has always had a great work ethic. Proof that walk ons can make a difference in P5 football.

• Astronaut Mike Hopkins. Another great Illini.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMz0xTYNaeE

• Should alos mention PhillipJames Bowman, MD Psychiatry Beverly Hills, CA Medical Director/Bowman Medical Group

Makes me proud that Illinois sports has produced these fine individuals and so many others who are equally successful in their own right. It confounds me why the university should hold athletics in such low regard.

• TrueOrangeAndBlue said... (original post)Should alos mention PhillipJames Bowman, MD Psychiatry Beverly Hills, CA Medical Director/Bowman Medical Group Makes me proud that Illinoi...

"I just want a university that the football team can be proud of." Ohio State AD Gene Smith

If the academic types at Ohio State are not on board with helping the athletic department field strong teams, my guess is they are not employed there very long.

• There are great schools in the B1G . There are good schools in the B1G. Then, there is Ohio State.

• El Kamino Bell

• illtex said... (original post)Great story about true meaning of the student athlete and how one can prepare for life after college sports. From CPL's Whitney Young, then to C...

Thanks for this one. Really happy for Bell. There should be an recognition of achievement hall for Illini players like him.