Geronimo goes to the lions

Geronimo goes to the lions

• Free agent Geronimo Allison is now a Detroit Lion. The Packers let him go the free agent route and the Lions picked him up.

• Discussion
  • Matt Stafford can still sling it around the lot. GA should get a decent amount of targets opposite Kenny Golladay as Marvin Jones and Danny Amendola the other options. This draft class is deep at WR though.

• Good for GA. Hope he can stick and make a few bucks.

• Good for him. Outstanding.

Hard working, undrafted WR with good hands. Who would have thought he would have played this long in nfl?

• thestilt said... (original post)Matt Stafford can still sling it around the lot. GA should get a decent amount of targets opposite Kenny Golladay as Marvin Jones and Danny Amendol...

So he left a situation with a HOF QB who knew him well to go be the 4th WR (at best) on a bad team.

Seems like a move that will shorten his career
  • As a Packers fan, I'm not terribly upset by this. But Geronimo did have some special moments in GB, to include this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ci16Oie_Lk

• thedawson123 said... (original post)So he left a situation with a HOF QB who knew him well to go be the 4th WR (at best) on a bad team.Seems like a move that will shorten his care...

Marvin Jones just turned 30 and Danny Amendola will be 35 in November so I'm not sure about your "4th WR (at best)" assessment. I have no idea what the difference in total dollars and guaranteed money was either, but I gotta believe the Lions deal was for more than GB. 14 starts and 146 targets in four seasons (6 starts 55 targets in 2019) indicates that Allison hoping for more opportunities in Detroit.

This post was edited by thestilt 8 months ago

• thestilt said... (original post)Marvin Jones just turned 30 and Danny Amendola will be 35 in November so I'm not sure about your "4th WR (at best)" assessment. I have no idea what ...

Nah... veterans min contract. Like 900k or so