How are you handling football tickets?

How are you handling football tickets?

• I usually attend every home game each year, and because I usually need a different number of tickets each week based on who's going to the game, I don't have season tickets. I just buy tickets on Stubhub usually. Assuming that the season goes as currently planned with limited fan attendance -- how are you planning on getting tickets for this year's games?

I was considering buying season tickets, because I'd assume season ticket holders would have initial dibs on ticket availability, but it doesn't look like the ticket office is selling tickets at this time. I'm guessing tickets will still be available on Stubhub, although maybe a little more expensive than usual because of limited availability. I don't mind paying more but I want to make sure I'll be able to attend the games if they are to be played.

What's your plan?

• Discussion
  • I would bet if there's a season, there will be few if any tickets available on Stubhub or any other site. They're going to limit to 50% capacity, so season ticket holders will get most if not all of the available tickets.

• We have bought season tickets and received a survey about how we want to follow through on that purchase based on various scenarios. It sounds like they may limit seating to 20% of capacity which would be about 12,000 seats. Last year they sold about 20,000 season tickets so clearly if they all choose to renew there won't be any tickets available for single game purchase. Season ticket sales have fallen off during the Smith tenure and clearly next year will see a further decrease due to the virus, but chances of buying single game tickets will not likely be great if the season is played and the 20% plan stays in place.

• BRucksJr said... (original post)We have bought season tickets and received a survey about how we want to follow through on that purchase based on various scenarios. It sounds like ...

I'd imagine there would have to be at least some people that look to sell their tickets and possibly profit on them due to the limited availability. I'd be willing to pay more than normal to go.

I'm just not sure what the best course of action is from my position

• astrosjake said... (original post)I'd imagine there would have to be at least some people that look to sell their tickets and possibly profit on them due to the limited avail...

I’m not sure how much the secondary market will come into play. My understanding is the DIA will look to group seats of families and then distance the next group. It would be difficult to ensure that ticket groupings could stay intact. I have way too many tix with different people utilizing so I cannot seat all of mine together.

Your best bet may be to get with a season ticket holder that doesn’t want to utilize their tix this year.

• lfillini said... (original post)I’m not sure how much the secondary market will come into play. My understanding is the DIA will look to group seats of families and then distance ...

Yeah this is my big concern at this point - will there be restrictions on selling tickets in secondary markets? As of now I plan on keeping my tickets this year, but the lack of tailgating makes driving down a lot less enticing. I'd prefer to keep my tickets, hit 2 maybe 3 games and sell the others but not sure how that will work just yet.

I am thinking you will still be able to sell on secondary market, but will have to sell whole lot together which is fine for my 4 tickets. Maybe I'll call Stubhub and see if they have any ideas what to expect.

On another note, any idea if hotels or buisnesses will allow small tailgates in their lots?