Illini 2020 season w/o Spring ball

Illini 2020 season w/o Spring ball

• With no spring ball, which players are impacted the most?

1. I Williams - I think he finally moves to WR 24-7. During offseason, he and famiy realize best chance for max PT and pro option is at WR.

2. B Peters - He needs as much PT as possible given that avg running game just lost 2 best backs.

• Discussion
  • I am not giving up on IW as 2021 qb.

• illtex said... (original post)With no spring ball, which players are impacted the most?1. I Williams - I think he finally moves to WR 24-7. During offseason, he and famiy realize ...

It's something all teams will be dealing with, so I'm not too concerned about it. It is what it is. Will make camp that much more vital, though. Go Illini!

• I am beginning to feel that there may not be a 2020 season. Everything seems to be getting pushed back. I should be in the Cleveland Clinic right now - sedated and ready for a 5 am surgery that may take until noon. I'm not - it was rescheduled for a later date twice now. Hopefully by mid June I'll be over it and starting recovery. I think that will keep happening to schedules of all sorts as we wait for a vaccine to secure a feeling of control over this virus that has us captive right now.

Big Bob in Brandon

• TrickorTreat1031 said... (original post)I am not giving up on IW as 2021 qb.

Hell no

It'll hurt if he's never our starting qb
  • TrickorTreat1031 said... (original post)I am not giving up on IW as 2021 qb.

You should. He didn’t look like he had a clue.

• Beaker42 said... (original post)You should. He didn’t look like he had a clue.

Someone frame this hot take.

Might go down in history
  • Beaker42 said... (original post)You should. He didn’t look like he had a clue.

That's true. But he also wasn't groomed as QB1 from day 1, so the moments in which he did step in and play, he was understandably lost.

I imagine he'll get more reps this year, and will get better.

Will he be ready for Big Ten competition in 2021 as the QB1? No telling. He's got a long way to go. But I wouldn't dismiss him on the basis of what you saw last year.

I also think it's worth reiterating to people that he was heavily hyped coming out of HS as an athlete.......not necessarily as a QB. There will be some bumps along the road for him, and people should establish realistic expectations for him. He got hyped up as our Antwaan Randle-el by some around here, and that's probably not fair.

This post was edited by NittanyIllinois 6 months ago

He was a freshman.
  • He’s not a QB

• And you know this because we only played him in awful situations where it was obvious he was going to run the ball... and he was also a freshman

One might say the jury is still out, but Beaker has seen all he needs to see

• Oh don't concede to that BS.

We used him as idiotically as we used Aaron Bailey.

The defense knew exactly what was coming when he got snaps.
  • thedawson123 said... (original post)And you know this because we only played him in awful situations where it was obvious he was going to run the ball... and he was also a freshma...

He passed the ball more often than he ran the ball.

• BRucksJr said... (original post)He passed the ball more often than he ran the ball.

He audibled!
  • BRucksJr said... (original post)He passed the ball more often than he ran the ball.

Do not confuse them with facts, it hurts their head...

• SWIllini said... (original post)Do not confuse them with facts, it hurts their head...

It was literally just me.

"Don't confuse HIM with facts" is what you were going for.

Hope this wasn't confusing.