Illinois Football 2020

Illinois Football 2020

• Anyone taken a look at the schedule for next year? Extremely favorable to say the least.

We've got a legit shot to start the season 6-0.

• Discussion
  • Playing Iowa, Wisconsin, Ohio St., Minnesota, IU and NW is a tough road. to close it out. If you win 2 of those and go 6-0 to start and you run with it.

Right now this program just needs to get bowling again in b2b season. That would be a huge step and help with some recruiting you'd think

• TreThomas said... (original post) Anyone taken a look at the schedule for next year? Extremely favorable to say the least.We've got a legit shot to start the season 6-0.

A very, very favorable schedule indeed. 9 home games in total. BT games show 6 at home and only 3 on the road. Wow.

8 wins look within reach for rebuilding Illini.

• illtex said... (original post) A very, very favorable schedule indeed. 9 home games in total. BT games show 6 at home and only 3 on the road. Wow.8 wins look within reach for rebu...

Don't know what you're talking about. 5 road big ten 4 at home.
  • audi1234 said... (original post) Don't know what you're talking about. 5 road big ten 4 at home.

I counted those that said Memorial, but I forgot Nebraska and Indiana also have Memorial Stadiums. My bad.

Still very easy schedule with 3 cupcake nc games and no meechigan or ped st.

• IU will be a tough game

• audi1234 said... (original post) Don't know what you're talking about. 5 road big ten 4 at home.

I'll have to admit, I didn't realize we were playing an unbalanced home and away schedule. Do they switch back and forth every year between 4 and 5 home games? (Obviously you have to with 9 games but I never thought about it before.)

This post was edited by audi1234 12 months ago

• TreThomas said... (original post) Anyone taken a look at the schedule for next year? Extremely favorable to say the least.We've got a legit shot to start the season 6-0.

If you're going to start conf play with 2 games on the road that's probably who you want. Nebraska got too much hype this year next year may be no different. There shouldn't be any repeats of this year in the non conf games, Ill St and Bowling Green are good programs but can't see any upsets in that group at home. Take care of business with those 6 games and there are some good opportunities at home. One thing that should be to our advantage, 15 extra practices this year to get ready for a bowl game and hopefully finish on a high note at 8 wins this year

• 619illinibooyah said... (original post) Playing Iowa, Wisconsin, Ohio St., Minnesota, IU and NW is a tough road. to close it out. If you win 2 of those and go 6-0 to start and you ...

It is, but you can pretty well say the same for this season and seasons ahead.

• Playoff bound

This post was edited by jms397 11 months ago

• SWIllini said... (original post) IU will be a tough game

Not as tough as one might think. They got lucky with their west pairings being Purdue, NW, and Nebraska. Had no impressive wins. Beat teams they were supposed to, lost to teams better than them. They had 3 easy non cons and then beat the bottom 5 teams in B10 to get to 8 wins.

• cal granite said... (original post) Not as tough as one might think. They got lucky with their west pairings being Purdue, NW, and Nebraska. Had no impressive wins. Beat teams the...

I bet you Indiana would beat us by 2 TDs on a neutral field. We lost to NW and Nebraska so we are in no position to criticize those wins. They not only beat NW, they killed them. They also killed UConn while we had great difficulty. They took Penn State down to the wire on the road.
  • Anyone know how much Minny loses to graduation? or even turning pro?

• Quick look at Minny for 2020, they return on O most of their starters, but lose about half their starters on D.

On offense, Loses Tyler Johnson WR and Brooks,Rodney Smith at RB

On defense, 3 DL, 2 LB, 1 S and 1 CB are seniors, they still have juste, and Winfield.

This post was edited by ktomcna 11 months ago

• **crickets**

• TreThomas said... (original post) I bet you Indiana would beat us by 2 TDs on a neutral field. We lost to NW and Nebraska so we are in no position to criticize those wins. They no...

This is just lazy and you know it cuts both ways. We killed Purdue, it took IU double OT to beat them. We beat MSU, they lost to them, yada yada yada...

• ktomcna said... (original post) Anyone know how much Minny loses to graduation? or even turning pro?

I think minnesota, while improved, is a bit of a flash in the pan like we were in 2007. Combination of upperclassmen, qb over performing, and good schedule. They wont be terrible or anything but I think they will take a step back next year.
  • quadcitiesillini said... (original post) I think minnesota, while improved, is a bit of a flash in the pan like we were in 2007. Combination of upperclassmen, qb over performing, ...

I don't care much for Fleck, but he can out coach Zook and Locks in his sleep.

• jacktotherack said... (original post) This is just lazy and you know it cuts both ways. We killed Purdue, it took IU double OT to beat them. We beat MSU, they lost to them, yada y...

Lol you were the one telling me we'd cover against NW no problem.
  • TreThomas said... (original post) Lol you were the one telling me we'd cover against NW no problem.

LOL and you were the one saying you would bet against us for the 6 games before that when we covered 6 consecutive times. Again, it cuts both ways Tre.

• jacktotherack said... (original post) LOL and you were the one saying you would bet against us for the 6 games before that when we covered 6 consecutive times. Again, it cuts both ...

user generated

• Mods.

Please do something about these bullshit misleading links to some obscure crappy rap coming off as a legitmate link.

I thought it was a different user name before, but this looks new

• SFChief said... (original post) Mods.Please do something about these bullshit misleading links to some obscure crappy rap coming off as a legitmate link.I thought it was a differe...

same user, different name. just flag the post, the mods will know why when the see the link.

• PaytonHighstep said... (original post) same user, different name. just flag the post, the mods will know why when the see the link.

That's what I suspected...

Probably got the boot before for pulliing this crap.

• I'm confident that Indiana would beat us by 14+ points. I can't convince you of it so by all means feel free to think whatever you like about that.

And no I didn't bet against the Illini covering in each game. I took Illini and the points against Wisconsin and laid the points against Rutgers.

This post was edited by TreThomas 11 months ago

• TreThomas said... (original post) I'm confident that Indiana would beat us by 14+ points. I can't convince you of it so by all means feel free to think whatever you like ...

Congrats. My main point was comparing common opponents is and forever will be a lousy way to determine which team is better.