Jimmy Garappolo

Jimmy Garappolo

• Went to Rolling Meadows HS in Chicago Burbs.

Anyone know how he ended up at E Illinois?

• Discussion
  • He was a 2-star, had 3 offers, but only visited EIU. Apparently, either liked the school, or they were the best of the three available to him.

• Which is why we really need a coach or two that only recruit Illinois. We see Iowa and Wisky with players we go who? We need to stop that.

• Themudflap said... (original post)Which is why we really need a coach or two that only recruit Illinois. We see Iowa and Wisky with players we go who? We need to stop that.

Look at our roster. We have a player in NFL that was “a who?”. According to some posters, our whole team is made up of “who are they?”. Yet, the team made a bowl,game. Must be outstanding coaching-no, that’s not it, as our coaches are lazy and are also “who?”. Must be the league we play in, yes, the B1G is worse than rhe MAC. No, OSU made top 4 in play offs. We are the LUCKY team, yes, that’s it....

• SWIllini said... (original post)Look at our roster. We have a player in NFL that was “a who?”. According to some posters, our whole team is made up of “who are they?”. Yet, the te...

5 star post, SW! Well said.

• SWIllini said... (original post)Look at our roster. We have a player in NFL that was “a who?”. According to some posters, our whole team is made up of “who are they?”. Yet, the te...

Bama, OSU, GA, LSU etal are always top teams cuz that have top talent and top coaching.

That is lacking in CU.

• Tony Romo also ended up at EIU. Whoever at EIU is scouting these guys is welcome in Champaign anytime.

• JackIngramFanClub said... (original post)Tony Romo also ended up at EIU. Whoever at EIU is scouting these guys is welcome in Champaign anytime.

Sean Peyton was a QB there as well. Quite a legacy of QBs for a small school.

• illtex said... (original post)Bama, OSU, GA, LSU etal are always top teams cuz that have top talent and top coaching.That is lacking in CU.

Yes Ohio, Georgia, Louisiana and Alabama are not in Illinois or CU. Geography has struck again

• Mike Shanahan was also either a head coach or OC at EIU in the late 70's.

Literally nobody has said our team is made up of "who are they" guys.

It's funny. The ones who criticize the critics are the hysterical ones who post hyperbole like this.

• thedawson123 said... (original post)Literally nobody has said our team is made up of "who are they" guys.It's funny. The ones who criticize the critics are the hyst...

Yeah, I'll be honest......that seems like an odd thing to say seeing as though I've never heard that here.

Our roster certainly lacks the NFL talent of upper-tier Big Ten programs. No question about that. And our recruiting writ large isn't really where it needs to be if we're to become a consistent winner. But I'm not aware of this notion that people decry our players as "who are they" guys.

Our roster isn't all that different from other lower-half P5 programs, frankly. And the NFL has plenty of players who came from those programs. Not sure what that proves.

This post was edited by NittanyIllinois 10 months ago

• thedawson123 said... (original post)Literally nobody has said our team is made up of "who are they" guys.It's funny. The ones who criticize the critics are the hyst...

And the critics blah blah the same tripe over and ovrtand god forbid someone be positive. Get over it

• wewillwint said... (original post)And the critics blah blah the same tripe over and ovrtand god forbid someone be positive. Get over it

I understand what you're saying, but the post I responded to wasn't an instance of someone being positive. It was an emotional rant that was rooted in lies.

• When they sign, they are MAC level. When you call them on that, they resort to insults as they have no defense for their opinions. They have no conviction to their opinions.

• thedawson123 said... (original post)I understand what you're saying, but the post I responded to wasn't an instance of someone being positive. It was an emotional rant t...

Okey doke - thanks for that.

• SWIllini said... (original post)When they sign, they are MAC level. When you call them on that, they resort to insults as they have no defense for their opinions. They have no con...

You're all over the place and you can't back any of this up.