Way too early football question, how do you look for 2020?

Way too early football question, how do you look for 2020?

• jms397 said... (original post)You're getting ridiculous now.

Your defense was, yea.

When we make a bowl, one of the first things fans mention as a positive is the extra practice for players who return the next year.

So actually questioning whether they'd make a difference is next-level caping.
  • Next level caping.. like superbatman?

• jms397 said... (original post)You're getting ridiculous now.

NOW? Where have you been?

• DasIllini said... (original post)If my count is correct, 7 returning starters on offense: 4 OL, 1 QB, 1 TE, 1 WR. In this unit another big play WR transfer would be the ticket.On ...

Dont we have 3 returning wr's? Arent smalling, Josh imatorbhebhe, and trevon sidney all coming back?
  • quadcitiesillini said... (original post)Dont we have 3 returning wr's? Arent smalling, Josh imatorbhebhe, and trevon sidney all coming back?

They are, but they all had injuries last year. Hopefully, they'll be 100% in the fall.

• I’m curious to see Edwin Carter this year.

• quadcitiesillini said... (original post)Dont we have 3 returning wr's? Arent smalling, Josh imatorbhebhe, and trevon sidney all coming back?

Bhebhe is the one WR stater I had in mind and only counted the starters I'm sure of. Whether or not agreeable, I see the WR postions up for grabs.

• thedawson123 said... (original post)Your defense was, yea. When we make a bowl, one of the first things fans mention as a positive is the extra practice for players who return the ...

I find that very agreeable, particularly for a team that suffered a lot of injuries. Spring ball would be good time to see what you have ready to go.

• DasIllini said... (original post)Bhebhe is the one WR stater I had in mind and only counted the starters I'm sure of. Whether or not agreeable, I see the WR postions up for grabs.

Up for grabs if sidney and smalling are healthy? That would be a pretty remarkable break out year if someone beat either of them out of a starting role. If you count sidney, smalling, bhebhe, Barker and ford, that's 4 four star athletes out of high school and one three star. That's a pretty good crew.

This post was edited by quadcitiesillini 8 months ago

• quadcitiesillini said... (original post)Up for grabs if sidney and smalling are healthy? That would be a pretty remarkable break out year if someone beat either of them out of a s...

Either way, let's hope for that remarkable year from whoever WRs

This post was edited by DasIllini 8 months ago