2021 K Cole Becker sets commitment date

2021 K Cole Becker sets commitment date

• Cole Becker, a kicker in the class of 2021, will announce his commitment Friday at 7 pm CT. Becker holds an offer from Iowa State and is the No. 1 ranked kicker in the nation according to Kohl’s Kicking Camps.

https://twitter.com/colebecker01/status/1316932442121535488?s=20

• Discussion
  • To read this post and more, subscribe now - 50% off Annual VIP Pass first year

Become an Annual VIP member today and get access to VIP content, ad-free forums & more.

Join
  • Oh no. We cant take a kicker. Our average will drop and recruiting is already tanking and the sky is falling and dogs and cats are living together.

• I heard a rumor he was in town for the Oklahoma game. Which being a kid from CA likely paying his own way, has to be a good sign.

• Screenshot_20201016-064612_Chrome.jpg
    Here's his Kohl's bio.

• It would be nice to land a kicker that could handle kick off and field goal duties. I like that he can punt as well. Let's face it...kicker at iSu is a very important position with as many tight games as we play.

I always go back and forth on long FG ability. With the reported long at 68...that is impressive but when you are kicking those long FGs you better be accurate. Nothing worse than missing a 55 yard FG in a tight game and giving your opponent the ball at midfield. It is the equivalent of a turnover. On the other hand, it is nice to have that option for a game winner with time running out

• To read this post and more, subscribe now - 50% off Annual VIP Pass first year

Become an Annual VIP member today and get access to VIP content, ad-free forums & more.

Join
  • Tazclone said... (original post)It would be nice to land a kicker that could handle kick off and field goal duties. I like that he can punt as well. Let's face it...kicker at ...

Give me the next Mason Crosby!

I remember those early Kirk teams when he turned the program around. They'd only have to get to the 30-40 yard line and it was house money because they knew Kaeding was going to drill anything in that range and guaranteed 3 points.

• C_Dub99 said... (original post)I heard a rumor he was in town for the Oklahoma game. Which being a kid from CA likely paying his own way, has to be a good sign.

The nation's #1 kicker won't be paying their own way. We don't deserve a good kicker if we aren't offering a scholarship.

• guac7 said... (original post)The nation's #1 kicker won't be paying their own way. We don't deserve a good kicker if we aren't offering a scholarship.

For the visit....

• guac7 said... (original post)The nation's #1 kicker won't be paying their own way. We don't deserve a good kicker if we aren't offering a scholarship.

Lol

He's talking about the plane ticket to visit Ames.
  • I love reading that Kohl says he is the best kickoff guy in the class

• Stewo said... (original post)LolHe's talking about the plane ticket to visit Ames.

Whoops! We do deserve a good kicker then!

• I looked back because I was curious - Narveson was the #17 ranked guy by Kohl's Camp in 2018.

• Wasn't Narveson in the top 5 of Kohl's? I think he's great being the best from Kohl's kicking, but I'm going to wait a few years to see if it actually materializes. Narveson burned me on these players.

• Kickers have got to be the hardest positions to evaluate. We should be taking a scholarship kickers like this and having tryouts on campus for walkon spots. You have to find 18 yr olds with ice in their veins and extreme consistency.

• TBT said... (original post)Wasn't Narveson in the top 5 of Kohl's? I think he's great being the best from Kohl's kicking, but I'm going to wait a few year...

user generated

Join

Join
  • Do we have to think about the chance of a kicker this body size Campbell is just gonna convert him into a tight end? ;)