5% or less Positive Covid Tests Thanks to Governor Whitmer

5% or less Positive Covid Tests Thanks to Governor Whitmer

Arrow3
  • bigwali said... (original post)How's the 3.5% positivity rate going, Trapper? Michigan has the sixth highest number of COVID-19 cases in the nation, with 272,034 as of Tuesda...

What's it going to take for you to understand the seriousness of the threat? These numbers?

• bigwali said... (original post)How's the 3.5% positivity rate going, Trapper? Michigan has the sixth highest number of COVID-19 cases in the nation, with 272,034 as of Tuesda...

Your numbers are just wrong.

I posted this in your thread.

Michigan is 11th in overall cases. (as 10th in population this is slightly better than would be expected)

Michigan is 10th in overall deaths (as 10th in population this is what would be expected)

Michigan is 36st in cases per 1,000.

Michigan is 12th in deaths per 1,000.

All of this with you cheering on Republician policies which caused the cases to spike upward after tMSC overturned a law that had stood for 75 years because you wanted to spread your disease to other people by not wearing a mask.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UrAsc3woy1-Cxg-XQkaqIa1AryvxHuYEpS_dpm_8GA0/edit#gid=1265136670

• Positive test results fell, too, to just 4.9 percent Thursday, in contrast to a high of 16 percent recorded Dec. 2. Positive test results have remained below 10 percent since Jan. 6.

https://www.bridgemi.com/michigan-health-watch/coronavirus-tracker-what-michigan-needs-know-now

• TrapperGus said... (original post)Positive test results fell, too, to just 4.9 percent Thursday, in contrast to a high of 16 percent recorded Dec. 2. Positive test results have re...

So are you going to open up the state due to good results, or are the good results because things have been closed down? What’s a Dem to do?

• TravelinApple said... (original post)So are you going to open up the state due to good results, or are the good results because things have been closed down? What’s a Dem to do?

It isn't a political issue. Your question really is, "what is a rational government to do?"

Michigan has been one of the successful States in covid control.

You may not be paying attention, however, just like in the spring and summer, as the health crisis has lessened, the state has relaxed its rules and various businesses have opened, or been able to do more business. It worked in the spring & summer as the positive test percentage dropped down to under 2%, and then climbed back into the 3% range as everything was as open as possible.

Now 4.9% isn't great, but it is at the top end of manageable, although the State's target is under 3%. The State has managed to drop the positive rate down while opening up more business. It is planning on limited indoor dining starting in February, and as long as the positive test rate remains low, it will keep increasing what can be open.

• Do I turn into a gremlin if I’m out last 10pm?

• MilesMatheson said... (original post)Do I turn into a gremlin if I’m out last 10pm?

Well I don't believe that Michigan has a covid curfew.

• TrapperGus said... (original post)It isn't a political issue. Your question really is, "what is a rational government to do?"Michigan has been one of the successful ...

How much more successful is Michigan compared to neighboring states? All I read is how much of a disaster Ohio and Indiana and Wisconsin have been.

• SnowDog3 said... (original post)How much more successful is Michigan compared to neighboring states? All I read is how much of a disaster Ohio and Indiana and Wisconsin have been.

I think you are asking for the numbers for these three states, I have added Illinois & Minnesota because I think Michigan shares a border with the first via Lake Michigan and I know it shares a border with the second via Lake Superior.

user generateduser generateduser generateduser generateduser generateduser generatedAlso, here are the 7 day numbers, in which Michigan is above the 5% number because the 4.9% number was for one day.

Minnesota 4.95%

Illinois 5.38%

Michigan 5.78%

Indiana 7.14%

Wisconsin 8.02%

Ohio 13.34%

• TrapperGus said... (original post)It isn't a political issue. Your question really is, "what is a rational government to do?"Michigan has been one of the successful ...

Why did you take a two month break from updating this thread?

If I am not mistaken you said it was because the Republicans stripped her power to suppress the virus.

Regardless it looks like you just waited until the numbers were finally favorable again.

• Thank you Gov Whitmer for keeping Michigan residents safe

• TrapperGus said... (original post)I think you are asking for the numbers for these three states, I have added Illinois & Minnesota because I think Michigan shares a border wit...

Those are absolutely ridiculous charts to try to visually compare to one another.

This post was edited by Serenity 1 month ago

• CV Burrito said... (original post)Why did you take a two month break from updating this thread?If I am not mistaken you said it was because the Republicans stripped her power to s...

Mask mandates are obviously working.

• CV Burrito said... (original post)Why did you take a two month break from updating this thread?If I am not mistaken you said it was because the Republicans stripped her power to s...

Because I was updating this thread until it just became too grim for me.

I do think the state waited way too long to react and I think that was due to the State & National Republicians and their political positions causing the best actions to be politically difficult.

https://247sports.com/college/michigan-state/board/97/Contents/5-or-more-positive-covid-tests-thanks-to-devoss-republicians-153156062/

• Serenity said... (original post)Those are absolutely ridiculous charts to try to visually compare to one another.

Which is why I included the numbers for reference. Here is a link for you.

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/testing/individual-states/michigan

• Serenity said... (original post)Mask mandates are obviously working.

My believe is that when the State starts shutting business down it causes people to take things more seriously and the change their behavior in a number of ways, masking up more being one.

• It’s more welcome news as the state continues to see average case rates, hospitalizations and deaths decline. And the percent of coronavirus tests coming back positive stayed below 6 percent, with 5.1 percent of tests reported Friday returning positive. Over the last week, the overall rate has been 5.9 percent.

Vaccinations in nursing homes and other senior citizen living facilities have increased, with just over 70,000 getting at least the first dose of the vaccine. The elderly make up a substantial portion of those who have died, with nursing home residents comprising 28 percent of all COVID-19 deaths in the state.

https://www.bridgemi.com/michigan-health-watch/coronavirus-tracker-what-michigan-needs-know-now

• So Robert Gordon, director of the MI health department abruptly resigned. Anyone know why?

• CV Burrito said... (original post)So Robert Gordon, director of the MI health department abruptly resigned. Anyone know why?

Not that I have found.

He was in some role in the Obama Administration, maybe going back to Washington?

Governor Whitmer has replaced him with a long time MDHHS veteran who started her career as an legislative aid for the Republicans on the Health committee in the State Legislature.

This post was edited by TrapperGus 1 month ago

• TrapperGus said... (original post)Not that I have found.He was in some roll in the Obama Administration, maybe going back to Washington?Governor Whitmer has replaced him with a lo...

It is not hard to speculate that he might have left because he was forced into a position of making decisions against his will. He resigned the same day he made the restaurant and sports orders.

It would certainly cause most people a lot of stress to be put in that position. I would never do it.

• CV Burrito said... (original post)It is not hard to speculate that he might have left because he was forced into a position of making decisions against his will. He resigned the s...

Following that line of speculation then, did he disagree with opening them up & the Governor chose that option to take some political heat off of the State?

As to the pressure of making those decisions, having been in positions where those, at a lesser but still impacting hundreds of people, decisions had to be made it isn't as difficult as it may seem.

It could be he was tired of the death threats.

• The state’s seven-day average positivity rate is 6.3%, down slightly from 6.4% a week ago.

Not good that this is leveling off

• TrapperGus said... (original post)Sunday's rate of positive Covid tests were 10.6%Which is very close to the 10% number that experts say the test rates need to be at to switc...

Lots of pure speculation why the state health director quit. Highly doubt we will ever know the answer. Odd timing though. Really makes you think.

This post was edited by spartanwill 1 month ago

• Sever day average at 3.9% today. Good job Governor Whitmer.

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/testing/individual-states/michigan

This post was edited by TrapperGus 23 days ago

• Cases per day in MI are the lowest they've been since early October. Seems we're doing great in cases, still seeing more people dying that most states as a %, not sure why, Michigan could just be full of fat and unhealthy people.