Dominion Sues Giuliani

Dominion Sues Giuliani

Arrow9
  • As expected, Dominion has sued Rudy G for defamation. They are seeking $1.3 billion in damages. I wonder if Giuliani and Powell, who appear to be on the brink of career and financial ruin have any regrets about their disinformation plan to steal the election And their blind allegiance to one of the greatest conmen to ever walk the face of the earth.

https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/535633-dominion-voting-systems-files-13b-defamation-suit-against-giuliani

• Discussion
  • Powell was served on Jan 8, and has 21 days to answer. thus far, she has not filed her answer and no attorney has entered an appearance on her behalf.

• Hope Jenna Ellis is next.

• $1.3 billion divided by $20,000/day to represent Trump. This might take awhile to pay off.

• But really I'm going to enjoy the downfall of these people way too much.

• Let's all watch this demented idiot and his gal pal powell talk their way out of this. I'm sure donnie will be there to help them with legal fees and support them along the way-yeah right!

• Lin Wood needs to be next.

• I really really hope dominion wins.

A big part of proving defamation is to prove the defendent knowingly spread false info. Rudy would publicly and repeatedly trash Dominion using these conspiracy theories but then in courts or under oath would not do it. Hmm... I wonder why?

• Serenity said... (original post)I really really hope dominion wins.A big part of proving defamation is to prove the defendent knowingly spread false info. Rudy would publicly and ...

I expect them to prove defamation, but not win $1.3 billion. Emotional distress (caused by death threats for example) is a source of damages for people but not corporations. I'm wondering if personal defamation suits are also on the way. I haven't closely studied who said exactly what, but I recall the inane clown posse saying wacky stuff about the owners of the company in addition to their lies about the company.

• Spartan86 said... (original post)I expect them to prove defamation, but not win $1.3 billion. Emotional distress (caused by death threats for example) is a source of damages for p...

A bunch of times they qualified their statements saying stuff like "people are saying dominion ___" or "we are getting reports of dominion machines switching votes", im not sure if they personally stated sometging like "we found the votes switched on these machines". But surely that is not a viable defense against defemation when your sources are random qanon conspiracies or OAN nut jobs? Especially when your lack of saying these statements in court proves you know them to be dubious statements from dubious sources?

If they get away with this, we will need to strentghen defamation laws a bit. Its a difficult thing because you dont want to stifle free speech or reporting but this law more than most really needs to be balanced right on a sweet spot to allow for some defamation convictions during times lile this while still largely protecting free speech. These swampy deceitful idiots taking advantage must be held accountable.

This post was edited by Serenity 1 month ago

• Serenity said... (original post)A bunch of times they qualified their statements saying stuff like "people are saying dominion ___" or "we are getting reports of do...

The thing I remember is that the Posse said some specific false things about Dominion's ownership being tied to Venezuela and Hugo Chavez ('s ghost) as a motivation for fraud.

• Spartan86 said... (original post)The thing I remember is that the Posse said some specific false things about Dominion's ownership being tied to Venezuela and Hugo Chavez ('s ghos...

Maybe. I didnt pay attention to their propaganda. Usually they are pretty good at using these CYA statements to skirt accountability. The volume of their deceitful statements and a few mistakes hopefully will be enough to prove defamation.
  • I love how aggressive they are. They deserve to be compensated at some level for the effort to restore their name.

• CV Burrito said... (original post)I love how aggressive they are. They deserve to be compensated at some level for the effort to restore their name.

Problem is they are probably screwed no matter what. Even though they did nothing wrong, I'm guessing some municipalities will avoid using them in future. The misinformation is so prolific among a big chunk of people due to the lies of folks like Trump, Giuliani, Powell, Ellis and Wood that cities might want to avoid headache. I legit feel bad for them, hope they destroy some of these idiots.

• stinkytofu said... (original post)Problem is they are probably screwed no matter what. Even though they did nothing wrong, I'm guessing some municipalities will avoid using t...

That’s probably why the damages requested are so high. Harm to the company is probably irreparable.

• It's over. Trump's in

FB_IMG_1611662936161.jpg

• AUAlum06 said... (original post)It's over. Trump's in

of course Dominion is not going to have to give Giuliani or Powell access to their systems.

No better source than Joe Pags

• stinkytofu said... (original post)Problem is they are probably screwed no matter what. Even though they did nothing wrong, I'm guessing some municipalities will avoid using t...

Obviously their name recognition has been raised. It;s likely that the defamation case will straighten out their reputation with a lot of folks. TBH it wouldn't surprise me if some sales were made just to troll the Q cucks clan.

This is a classic idiot's Trump card. "No its a GOOD thing the person we support is being sued into oblivion because now EVERYTHING will come out in discovery. Check-mate!"

Seriously they think a cohesive legal strategy is to commit massive fraud in order to get sued, which will magically let you peel back the onion & expose the fake truth you've been lying about.

It's like in crappy made for TV drama when someone deliberately gets arrested so they can get thrown in jail and then hatch the real plan. roflmao
  • Sir517 said... (original post)This is a classic idiot's Trump card. "No its a GOOD thing the person we support is being sued into oblivion because now EVERYTHING will co...

I saw another one where Rudy is going to counter sue and bankrupt Dominion.

Because, you know, Rudy didn't bother introducing all of that evidence of fraud in the myriad lawsuits they filed for Trump but was instead saving it for this defamation suit.

• Banks2Mason said... (original post)I saw another one where Rudy is going to counter sue and bankrupt Dominion.Because, you know, Rudy didn't bother introducing all of that ev...

The circular arguments go round and round. And if Dominion didn't sue Rudy he'd be saying, "They aren't suing me you see, because they don't want to expose themselves to discovery."

• Powell and Giulliani ran a scam to perpetuate a bunch of baloney in order to keep billing enormous legal fees.
    They should be sued

• Curtisw99 said... (original post)Powell and Giulliani ran a scam to perpetuate a bunch of baloney in order to keep billing enormous legal fees.They should be sued

Trump refused to pay them, so who's going to sue them?