US has NO plan to get out of pandemic

US has NO plan to get out of pandemic

• The farther we go the more it becomes clear that America is diving into a dark Covid hole and there's no prospect of the nightmare ending for months if not years until a viable vaccine is available to all.

This is the Donald Trump legacy. The transformation of America from Great into a third world country. I have a feeling this has always been his intention. No one can bungle it this badly without trying.

• Discussion
  • Not defending Trump, but why is it the government's role to 'get us out' of this? Aren't people capable of taking care of themselves?

• Tobias_Funke said... (original post)Aren't people capable of taking care of themselves?

Sadly, no.

• The only possible reason why Trump let this happen is he thinks it helps him in November, that's all he thinks about and cares about. At this point, I think it's say it will be so bad in November they'll have their excuse to shut down polling stations in the cities.

• Johnny2x2x said... (original post)The only possible reason why Trump let this happen is he thinks it helps him in November, that's all he thinks about and cares about. At thi...

People hate this guy so bad that they will vote in person even if they are dying.

• Tobias_Funke said... (original post)Not defending Trump, but why is it the government's role to 'get us out' of this? Aren't people capable of taking care of t...

We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

We created a government to organize efforts like this. How old are you, 6?

• TrapperGus said... (original post)We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common ...

Hey Trapper, you can update your multiple account list for Serenity. He exposed his other accounts last night. He is also Bluv71 and Borrocone. No doubt about it.

• Tobias_Funke said... (original post)Not defending FDR, but why is it the government's role to 'get us out' of WWII? Aren't people capable of taking care of the...

FIFY, just for context. You’re welcome.

• HolyCow said... (original post)Hey Trapper, you can update your multiple account list for Serenity. He exposed his other accounts last night. He is also Bluv71 and Borrocone. No d...

Wrong

• HolyCow said... (original post)Hey Trapper, you can update your multiple account list for Serenity. He exposed his other accounts last night. He is also Bluv71 and Borrocone. No d...

Post your accusations in the correct thread and I will, a link to what is driving your accusation would be helpful.
  • TrapperGus said... (original post)We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common ...

Thanks for posting this. I would also like to ask, does ANYONE know where in the constitution is your right to NOT wear a mask protected?

This post was edited by ssspartan 7 months ago

Really, this is sad, if true.

• Serenity said... (original post)The farther we go the more it becomes clear that America is diving into a dark Covid hole and there's no prospect of the nightmare ending for ...

I thought the Governor's were running their own States. They made that point when Trump challenged them.

• ssspartan said... (original post)Thanks for posting this. I would also like to ask, does ANYONE know where in the constitution does your right to NOT wear a mask is protected?

188807.jpeg
  • The President is showing you how to properly wear your mask.

https://twitter.com/BellaGr31/status/1282336723259625472

• Tobias_Funke said... (original post)Not defending Trump, but why is it the government's role to 'get us out' of this? Aren't people capable of taking care of themselves?

These people?

93771853_818865098609505_2173973627597225984_n.jpg
  • bigwali said... (original post)Really, this is sad, if true.

So far HC has not made a request in the correct thread, so the accusation is not recorded.

If he wants it to be more than highly speculative he needs to provide a link to the posts which cause him to believe it.

This post was edited by TrapperGus 7 months ago

• bigwali said... (original post)Really, this is sad, if true.

Seriously? HolyCow has about 6 screen names. StuPendis, Yabba, Gordyhow......any of those ring a bell?

• Thx for your post, but doesn’t answer the question.

• Tobias_Funke said... (original post)Not defending Trump, but why is it the government's role to 'get us out' of this? Aren't people capable of taking care of t...

No, they are not. Clearly.

Government's primary role is to protect the people. Why do you think half our budget goes to military application?

The federal government is the only entity capable of putting forth the power of a nation towards a common goal. In this case that should have been research and a testing effort beyond almost anything ever seen on this planet. Vaccine is already moving fast but I would argue BILLIONS should have been straight away given to several of the top vaccine companies to immediately start hiring talent & doing a true warp speed effort.

When a korean biotech company can outperform the entirety of the united states in the early going of the pandemic, it means we have a major problem. Both leadership and in applying funding to the right places.

still trying

You are so mad right now. Dude you're basically Donovan the Video-tote rage monster.

• ssspartan said... (original post)Thanks for posting this. I would also like to ask, does ANYONE know where in the constitution is your right to NOT wear a mask protected?

constitutional rights can be reasonably suspended anyways during a pandemic public health crisis. Or so say the republicans.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/article/Appeals-court-upholds-temporary-abortion-ban-in-15185334.php

The 2-1 ruling, in a case likely headed to the U.S. Supreme Court, was a significant but foreseeable blow to abortion rights advocates who faced long odds heading into the conservative-controlled Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals. It reverses a lower court's decision granting abortion providers a temporary hold on the state’s action.

Writing for the majority, Judge Kyle Duncan said constitutional rights such as access to abortion can be "reasonably restricted" under a state's emergency powers.

"That settled rule allows the state to restrict, for example, one’s right to peaceably assemble, to publicly worship, to travel, and even to leave one’s home," Duncan wrote. "The right to abortion is no exception."

• bigwali said... (original post)I thought the Governor's were running their own States. They made that point when Trump challenged them.

Trump didn't challenge them, he abandoned them. Which i guess is a challenge but not the kind you are referring to.

• Actually, Don blamed the governors.

• fat donnie's way is to blame the governors if things go wrong and to take all credit if things go well.