AP Top 25

AP Top 25

• AP Top 25 has come out. Michigan received 2 votes. https://collegebasketball.ap.org/poll

Opponents on the schedule that are ranked:

1. MSU

5. Louisville

7. Maryland

8. Gonazaga (potential opponent in Bahamas)

9. North Carolina (potential opponent in Bahamas)

12. Seton Hall (potential opponent in Bahamas)

15. Oregon

18. Ohio St

23. Purdue

Receiving Votes: Illinois (14), Creighton (4), Alabama (2) (potential opponent in Bahamas)

• Discussion
  • Wow, that's an enormous lack of respect. I understand we lost our head coach and some top talents but still, I expected us to be ranked, at least. I hope this team plays with a chip on their shoulder. Particularly returning players like Z, Livers & Teske.

• tjking82 said... (original post) Wow, that's an enormous lack of respect. I understand we lost our head coach and some top talents but still, I expected us to be ranked, at l...

I didn't expect us to be ranked. But I do question the voters that LSU is ranked and Davidson, Harvard, Georgetown, Creighton, Vermont, Liberty and Bama have the same or more consideration than us.

We have two multiyear starters returning at two of the most important positions in PG and C. A guy with two years of lots of playing time and a 40% shooter from deep in Livers. Plus an instant impact freshman in Wagner. See several teams with less than we have getting much more benefit of the doubt.

Only thing I can see is that our nonconference schedule is very tough. We could be a fringe top 25 team in terms of talent, but lose 4-5 nonconference games.

• I expect us to be a bubble team, which usually means an 8 or 9 seed. So, ranked in the 26-35 area is fine. Nobody knows how the kids have developed. Nobody knows how good Wagner will be in an NCAA setting as a freshman. Nobody knows who are starting 5 is even going to be. Most of all, nobody knows if Juwan is good, bad, mediocre, great, awful. That's the biggest question mark of all.

• Some overrated teams I see: Maryland, Florida and Baylor
    Some underrated teams I see: Villanova, Arizona, Washington

• Just hoping for a respectable season here

• I just realized Jordan Bohanan and Luke Garza are back for the Hawkeyes for their 9th seasons. I swear they've been there since the Brian Ellerbe years.
    It's good to see Ethan Happ finally gone after short 11 season stint in Madison. They should be less of a factor this year.