Battle 4 Atlantis

Battle 4 Atlantis

• Simpson starting out VERY sloppy. Castleton is still useless on both ends of the court. I would seriously give Davis a few minutes to at least use some hard fouls.

Great to see Wagner for the first time and drilling a 3 early. The cyclones are no slouch, so it would be a nice win. Go get it!

• Discussion
  • Right on cue. Juwan puts Davis in and he makes a quick impact on both ends.

I know things will be different without Beilein, and we are seeing that especially with turnovers. This team is SLOPPY. Probably going to finish the year with the most turnovers we have seen here in a decade or more.

• Pretty happy with what I’ve seen from the team and coaching staff so far. Haven’t played a real good team yet, but judging from all the losses by top 5 teams, maybe there isn’t a one!

The problems are ones that I can see being fixed

• The ball control of this team is garbage. The guards and castleton need to clean this up. If Iowa state hit their free throws they win this game.

Also would like to see better dribble drive D.

Also the refs need to fix the three point kicking to draw fouls, it’s getting dumb

This post was edited by corby78 1 month ago

• A lot of frustrating components to that game but I'm glad we got off to a fast start in the 2nd half to give us enough cushion to weather the storm from a much hungrier team over the last 5 minutes.

Bench contributions were a difference maker today, especially with Wagner still finding his feet.

• corby78 said... (original post) The ball control of this team is garbage. The guards and castleton need to clean this up. If Iowa state hit their free throws they win this game.Al...

Simpson is just trying to make spectacular plays instead of simple ones. He’s averaging way more turnovers this year after previous years having an awesome A:TO ratio.

Flopping is supposed to be an emphasis by the refs this year. Seen a couple flops on jumpers called. Refs this game were pretty poor IMO

• UNC next. Glad they won, should be a good early challenge for the guys. Be nice to see where we really stack up

• corby78 said... (original post) UNC next. Glad they won, should be a good early challenge for the guys. Be nice to see where we really stack up

Yep. I think it will be a loss because they’re more talented and we only have tonight to prepare for them beyond what little prep the staff did beforehand considering you don’t know who you’ll play. But we won and now we get to play an opponent that won’t hurt our resume if we lose. Big opportunity for the team. If we can turn it over 15 times or less, I think we will have a chance assuming we don’t shoot abysmally

• great first half. Teske is making a huge difference out there. And to be honest, I don't think we played our best game. Wagner still has a lot or room for improvement. Its nice to see some good PG play outside of Simpson.

• according to dick vitel, this UNC vs UNC game is amazing.

huge run again, and my mind is blown right now. I love the attacking off a miss

• this happened last year too. We get a lead by pressing, then when we try to spread the floor and eat clock, we completely lose it. We better get our act together or this will be an epic comeback loss

These refs aren't helping either, this has been one sided called this half.

• BIG WIN! Livers, Poole, Deju came up big. Teske was a huge difference maker and continues to impress me. JH still unbeaten, and starting to look like a solid top 25 team IMO

• Wow! Wolverines take down the Tar Heels! Awesome!

• No significant complaints about the season so far! These two wins are huge for the resume considering our conference isn’t going to procure a ton of chances for quality wins.

Might be able to raise expectations a little bit.

• I’m in shock...wow

• Zags up next, again no lose situation for JH and the boys. And with Louisville coming up after the new year then Iowa this is a real tough stretch. 2-2 in those four games will be real solid

• Already Simpson careless with the ball and Wagner with a dumb foul. Guys need to be smarter

I’m still waiting to see what Wagner brings to the table. Yes he has length, but man he doesn’t seem to do anything well.

I will say this. With our size I think we’re a much better rebounding team. And Teske is a man among boys out there.

• Up 11 at the half vs gonzaga! Mannnn this team surprising me every time

• Another solid half by the boys. I think were proving we are a solid top 25 team. Defense is playing well, and were staying out of foul trouble.

• What a half. We faced a much better quality of athlete yesterday against UNC and we're controlling the game on both ends of the floor today.

Outshooting them 52% to 30% on 2-point shots.

• that's not a flagrant foul. its bad enough football is getting soft, now basketball? get a life.

• Starting the 2nd half off bad smh

• We up 57 to gonzaga 40! Nice turnaround

• scary when we hitting our shots! Livers with another 33333333

This post was edited by CjDev87 1 month ago

• Every time the Zags make a run, we answer big time. Don’t know what to say about this team