Howard’s System Key to Michigan’s Play for 5-star Walker Kessler

Howard’s System Key to Michigan’s Play for 5-star Walker Kessler

Arrow7
  • Discussion
  • It appears that an on-campus visit to observe JuH in action is the only opportunity for Michigan to make any kind of impression. Walker likes Coach Howard but without seeing a practice or two won't have a great feel for system and Juwan's coaching style. I believe Michigan's approach going forward will be an open (less structured the JB) offensive philosophy with the player's having the ability to create off the set. My hope is that Juwan has the opportunity to show that before young Mr. Kessler makes his decision. I love his view on 'one and done' versus 2-3 year player.

• Well we know exactly what it will take! Quite the candid interview

• Hopefully he follows through with unofficial visit.

• Definitely got a good feeling there towards the end. I am confident Howard can educate him on we we will play offense and defense.

The big ones, school appeal (academics) and relationship with the coach are big feathers that aren't always easy to accomplish.

It would be huge for us to get him committed and signed in November. Think it will help attract more talent.

• Has his "coach" heard of the Fab5, Howard has played and coached in the NBA.

This post was edited by micheagle 1 year ago

• To read this post and more, subscribe now - 50% off Annual VIP Pass first year

Become an Annual VIP member today and get access to VIP content, ad-free forums & more.

Join
  • Sounds like the kid really likes Michigan. The staff will have to do one heck of a job with film and live practice to sell the system...really hoping they can pull it off

• dtree12 said... (original post)

Sounds like the kid really likes Michigan. The staff will have to do one heck of a job with film and live practice to sell the system...really hoping they can pull it off

He does, otherwise they wouldn't have been able to get past Beilein's departure. I know it's easy for them to NOW say that Walker was probably coming had Beilein stayed, but even folks that find such talk too convenient should at least be able buy that he was leaning the Wolverines way.

Juwan has a challenge ahead of him for sure, but it's not impossible.

• BlueSam said... (original post)

He does, otherwise they wouldn't have been able to get past Beilein's departure. I know it's easy for them to NOW say that Walker was probably coming had Beilein stayed, but even folks that find such talk too convenient should at least be able buy that he was leaning the Wolverines way.

Juwan has a challenge ahead of him for sure, but it's not impossible.

kinda getting the feeling that Kessler might be almost looking for a reason to come, meaning that MIchigan was his first choice, and that if Juwan can show him what he wants to see, then we're sitty pretty? or maybe its just wishful thinking?

• To read this post and more, subscribe now - 50% off Annual VIP Pass first year

Become an Annual VIP member today and get access to VIP content, ad-free forums & more.

Join

Join