Michigan vs Florida

Michigan vs Florida

• Here we go, for the sweet 16. I dont know much about florida but I hope we dismantle their offense with our D and make our shots and we should come out on top.

• Discussion
  • Poole is frustrating. Just way to casual with the ball and tries to do too much. Almost like he thinks he is better than he is

• corby78 said... (original post)

Poole is frustrating. Just way to casual with the ball and tries to do too much. Almost like he thinks he is better than he is

Agree 100%. He plays too much hero ball for my liking. If he would just let the offense come to him, he would be much more successful IMO.

• Pretty obvious what Florida’s game plan is: take away lanes and force us to make outside shots. If we could do that, we’d be up a ton right now. Unfortunately, we aren’t making enough of these open shots.

• Up four with Florida shooting real well from three. Hopefully they cool off and we can start pulling away

• corby78 said... (original post)

Up four with Florida shooting real well from three. Hopefully they cool off and we can start pulling away

Only reason Florida is in the game right now is because of their 3pt shooting. They were hitting every contested one earlier in the game but seemed to cool off towards the end of the half.

• Call a timeout you idiots!!! Big lead and they go zone and we act like 8th graders. Makes me sick! We are a stupid team.

• Dammit! This team pisses me off. One minute they look unstoppable, the next minute they look completely lost.

• Thank goodness livers drove the ball, I’m about to lose it with this offenses

• Letssss Gooooo goblue we on a run

• Well as much as I hate this offense I love this defense! And holy cow livers! I thought he was going through the backboard

• Another sweet 16. Not pretty but got it done

• Lol@reading this thread

• Defense won the game today. They were A+ all game even with Florida hitting 50% of their 3's in the first half. The offense just needs to find consistency or more precisely, stop going into these 5-8 minute ruts where they can't score. I did like that we seemed to attack the rim more in the 2nd half instead of settling for jump shots which Florida was daring us to do. I'm still skeptical that this team can make it past next weekend but I'm completely OK with being proved wrong.

• Florida is a tough defensive matchup for us. They can switch 1-5 if they choose to. Those are the teams that give us the most trouble because it takes away what we do best on offense (ball screens for Simpson).

We really want Buffalo to win today. They get a lot of offensen in transition and we are a great transition defense. We also turn it over less than most teams - even when we’ve had bad TO games. Tech can switch 1-5. I have us losing to them in our bracket because we just can’t trust this offense when our ball screen action is taken away

• It's hard to watch an offense that is streaky and they are streaky. When the offense is on, it's damn good. When cold it's totally frigid.
    Watching JB in the postgame interviews is always interesting because his comments really hit the mark and you get real insight into how they make adjustments. His observation about the Florida 1-3-1 zone was spot on.
    Every player will not be "on" every game. Be happy that we have 6 guys who can go off on any given night.

This post was edited by salient48 10 months ago

• Texas tech a nice team and can score big! We to lock them up and hit our shotsgoblue