Michigan vs MSU

Michigan vs MSU

• Smh banghead

• corby78 said... (original post)

Pool throws it up expecting a foul. I have no words for this type of play

Poole has been one of the guys that I point my finger at when the offense struggles. His mixer of poor shot selection, turnovers and iso-balling it are usually the things that allow the other team back in the game. He needs to be on a team where he can shoot the ball 20-30 times IMo.

• poole and the indecisiveness on offense is this teams demise!!

• Bamatigerfan48 said... (original post)

How can u being a pretty good team face a team three times and not come away with one win!!

Agree. And I’m sorry, it’s not like State is a great team. We singlehandedly have increased MSU’s resume.

• Beilein let the refs walk all over us - not surprised Poole didn't get that foul at the end. Nice guy though.

Defensively, maybe 3 games in 3 weeks we could play Winston the exact same way. I wonder what will happen....

And offensively...sheesh. Pathetic. Your final play is a lob-in/pass-out to Simpson for 3?!?!? That's what you drew up?!?!?

MSU trounced us this year WITHOUT Langford. Ward injured. Ahrens injured. Unreal. We're so freaking soft and sluggish on offense. It's nice to have good defense but when your offense sucks and your team is soft it really doesn't matter. Didn't win the B10. 0-3 vs MSU.

• LLBlueJ said... (original post)

Beilein let the refs walk all over us - not surprised Poole didn't get that foul at the end. Nice guy though.

Defensively, maybe 3 games in 3 weeks we could play Winston the exact same way. I wonder what will happen....

And offensively...sheesh. Pathetic. Your final play is a lob-in/pass-out to Simpson for 3?!?!? That's what you drew up?!?!?

MSU trounced us this year WITHOUT Langford. Ward injured. Ahrens injured. Unreal. We're so freaking soft and sluggish on offense. It's nice to have good defense but when your offense sucks and your team is soft it really doesn't matter. Didn't win the B10. 0-3 vs MSU.

As someone else mentioned, it’s the football team on the basketball court. When we need our offense to step up, it steps down. I love coach B but I’m really disappointed in how he of all people can’t fix this offense. We need an inside game because we just rely way too much on our outside shooting. We let too many teams off the hook because we don’t attack the rim when we aren’t hitting outside shots. We just keep bricking them.

• ChiTownMichiganFan said... (original post)

As someone else mentioned, it’s the football team on the basketball court. When we need our offense to step up, it steps down. I love coach B but I’m really disappointed in how he of all people can’t fix this offense. We need an inside game because we just rely way too much on our outside shooting. We let too many teams off the hook because we don’t attack the rim when we aren’t hitting outside shots. We just keep bricking them.

Preachhh

• 3/6 losses to that scumbag of a team, I want to vomit. Can’t wait for that Paul pierce wana-be gets torched in the NBA

• yep just like i said early on JB years b-ball team was poor on defense but good (not great) on offense. Now it’s pretty good defensively and very poor offensively. How about b great on both ends?? Why not change with game and get some athletic size and muscle on the floor our teams both football and b-ball look small and unathletic on field or court.

Beilein let the refs walk all over us - not surprised Poole didn't get that foul at the end. Nice guy though.

It’s because he is too nice. I love that he is honest and not some scumbag cheater, be he waits way to long to show emotion, and he lets other coaches get the upper hand with refs. And his offense isn’t diverse enough

• And for winning big ten msu gets num 2 seed in dukes region now i will say i’m glad we r not in their side of bracket

• Bamatigerfan48 said... (original post)

And for winning big ten msu gets num 2 seed in dukes region now i will say i’m glad we r not in their side of bracket

In a way, I’m relieved that we lost. It would have given me too much false hope. But at least Sparty is playing in the region that has the team that owns them. Zion is the real deal. Kid is just a freak. And he makes you overlook Duke’s other likely lottery picks.

Edit: wait, according to ESPN, WE are in Duke’s bracket?

This post was edited by ChiTownMichiganFan 10 months ago

• ChiTownMichiganFan said... (original post)

In a way, I’m relieved that we lost. It would have given me too much false hope. But at least Sparty is playing in the region that has the team that owns them. Zion is the real deal. Kid is just a freak. And he makes you overlook Duke’s other likely lottery picks.

Hope we get in VA’s region or gonzaga’s bracket

• Where is any creativity? Go over the top of every ball screen. Why not mix in a soft drop or hedge harder. Make Winston hit a stepback 3...or make ANY decision really. We let him stay in attack mode. FOR THREE GAMES!!!!

And again, I hate how hard we break on shooters. Henry pumped us for an easy bucket early and McQuaid pumped us for an easy 3 FTs at the end.

Isn't the definition of insanity doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results?

This post was edited by LLBlueJ 10 months ago

Where is any creativity? Go over the top of every ball screen. Why not mix in a soft drop or hedge harder. Make Winston hit a stepback 3...or make ANY decision really. We let him stay in attack mode. FOR THREE GAMES!!!!

And again, I hate how hard we break on shooters. Henry pumped us for an easy bucket early and McQuaid pumped us for an easy 3 FTs at the end.

Isn't the definition of insanity doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results?

Winston didn’t even play great today. This was the game that we should have won. But then we got in our own way...again.

• We really missed the leadership we got from Wagner, MAAR and Robinson from last year. Those were guys that would get you out of an offensive funk. MAAR and Wagner would attack the rim and at least draw a foul. This year, we have guys like Poole who will try a million fakes and then just chuck up a contested 3 when his defender doesn’t bite. Of all things that allowed Sparty to take control of these games this year was them getting fouls and shooting free throws(Winston has gotten almost half his points from free throws vs us). I don’t recall us shooting many free throws when we go through our now-expected droughts.

• looks like we are in Gonzaga’s bracket. on same side as Duke. Geesh. Committee purposively put Duke and Unc in opposite sides with a potential championship game. Ncaa love acc in b-ball and sec in football

• Only enjoyment I get out of today is seeing all the Sparty fans crying about not getting a #1 seed even though they lost 7 times this year, 2 of which came against a lousy Indiana team.