MSU is 2.5 point favorites over #2 Kentucky on neutral court

MSU is 2.5 point favorites over #2 Kentucky on neutral court

• https://www.espn.com/chalk/story/_/id/28012230/michigan-state-favored-vegas-win-title

Isn't Langford out? I find it very surprising that they're so far in front that they'd be favored over #2 without Langford. Is this a likely upset?

• Discussion
  • They made the Final Four and won the conference regular season and tournament titles without him last year. I think his experience would have been useful, but even if he was healthy, he wasn’t going to be playing more than 20-25 minutes coming off his previous injury.

Cassius Winston is the best player in the country. He and Tillman are a deadly combo. I can see this game going a lot of ways, but MSU is really good with or without Langford.

But as long as MSU doesn’t shoot at an abysmal rate, I think MSU wins by 5-7 points.

• I just found it unlikely that any #1 is so much better than the second best team in the country that they can lose a player of Langford's caliber and STILL be better than #2. The gap is rarely that large.

• bacon1431 said... (original post) Cassius Winston is the best player in the country.