Poole Drafted 28th by Warriors; Iggy 47th to Knicks

Poole Drafted 28th by Warriors; Iggy 47th to Knicks

• Well, I don’t think any of us expected him to go that high. Ends up making a smart decision to leave early. Congrats to Jordan.

• Discussion
  • Yeah - definitely proved all of us wrong...and gets to go to a championship team. Nice job Jordan Poole, nice job.

• Goddammit, now I can't bitch about his leaving early. Good decision.

• tjking82 said... (original post)

Goddammit, now I can't bitch about his leaving early. Good decision.

Yep. Nobody can fault the decision now. Guaranteed contract and in a position to get playing time early since Thompson will be out til next spring

• Good for Jordan. I definitely was in the camp that thought he left early. I will say, that I had thoughts that the Warriors would be an ideal situation for him. I’m sure Draymond will give Poole the business(playfully) lol!

• Iggy goes at 47. Never would have expected two picks tonight. Was hoping for one.

• I'm also very surprised Poole went that high. Good for him.

• Whelp, add this to the pile of things I was wrong about. They made the right decision. Feel bad for Matthews, tough time for an injury. Also I heard somebody on the radio say that JB said he didn't want to draft UM players. Anyone hear that?

• corby78 said... (original post)

Whelp, add this to the pile of things I was wrong about. They made the right decision. Feel bad for Matthews, tough time for an injury. Also I heard somebody on the radio say that JB said he didn't want to draft UM players. Anyone hear that?

I did not hear that, but just speculating here.... Maybe he said it more like he is not going out of his way to draft Michigan guys. Like, he's not going to favor them over other guys just because of familiarity. That sounds more like something he would say.