THE ACC NETWORK starts 8/22 @ 7pm, provider/channel information

THE ACC NETWORK starts 8/22 @ 7pm, provider/channel information

• PackMentality87 said... (original post)

Sept. 15 is still the back-end for the arbitrator, so no ACC Network for U-verse yet.

So, insert your ROKU stick and add Sling TV, Orange with sports package, with the one week free trial.

Got it up and going now. All free, just cancel in the next 7 days.

So thanks for the update.

Our TV is smart and has a HULU app. Unfortunately, it will stream from the HULU vault but not from HULU live. We are one model behind on LG tv. What we did is sign up for HULU live anyway. TV didn't pick it up but we were able to get ACC network on my wife's computer. We then streamed to our large smart TV. Works pretty good, a little jerky. Biggest issue is that we are getting audio "cross talk" from something else. Don't know if is a Uverse problem, a HULU problem or an ESPN problem.

By the way, our TV already has Sling's software. We may try that pending outcome of the arbiters decision.

This post was edited by thescwolf 4 months ago

• ramblingwuf said... (original post)

Glad sling had it.

Huh? Sling has ACCN, now?

• Really love the fact that I can no longer watch ACC games on Roku without having to pay even more.

• I tried the YTTV 5-day trial. Worked fine for one day. Today it wouldn’t stream or cast. An hour on the phone and then they acknowledged they were having problems. Streaming never got fixed but was finally able to cast. I’ll be cancelling.

• Moving on to next week’s game, it’s on ACCNE which is essentially ESPN3. Why in the world would you have an 11:30 kickoff for that?

• waynecountywolf said... (original post)

Huh? Sling has ACCN, now?

Added it yesterday

• MainePack79 said... (original post)

I tried the YTTV 5-day trial. Worked fine for one day. Today it wouldn’t stream or cast. An hour on the phone and then they acknowledged they were having problems. Streaming never got fixed but was finally able to cast. I’ll be cancelling.

Using Hulu as a trial right now. The stream was good.

We have Direct TV Now and they never added ACC Network.

• Coverage seems to love the cheats and Mack-imagine that

• jgray210 said... Coverage seems to love the cheats and Mack-imagine that

Yeah, they may not have a Noon kickoff in Sept. the not possibility would be App State. But I’m sure ACC Network will put it all n a better time.

• thescwolf said... (original post)

So thanks for the update.

Our TV is smart and has a HULU app. Unfortunately, it will stream from the HULU vault but not from HULU live. We are one model behind on LG tv. What we did is sign up for HULU live anyway. TV didn't pick it up but we were able to get ACC network on my wife's computer. We then streamed to our large smart TV. Works pretty good, a little jerky. Biggest issue is that we are getting audio "cross talk" from something else. Don't know if is a Uverse problem, a HULU problem or an ESPN problem.

By the way, our TV already has Sling's software. We may try that pending outcome of the arbiters decision.

Sling works great and now has ACCN. Used it today while on vacation in Utah and picked up all the games including State

• hunwolf said... (original post)

Added it yesterday

Owned by Dish so when Dish signed, Sling got ACCN also

• This has nothing to do with the TV ACCN, but rather the SiriusXM ACC Channel, XM 311; I just caught part of the replay of the State-ECTC game, and the ACC Channel has the ECU Radio Network coverage. Are things that blatantly biased that they don't even use our Radio Network ? By the way, even the ECU announcers said "the Pirates were getting a lot of good spots from the Refs today".

If that channel is the ACC Channel, they need to use the ACC Team Radio Networks.

• lakegastonpack1A said... (original post)

This has nothing to do with the TV ACCN, but rather the SiriusXM ACC Channel, XM 311; I just caught part of the replay of the State-ECTC game, and the ACC Channel has the ECU Radio Network coverage. Are things that blatantly biased that they don't even use our Radio Network ? By the way, even the ECU announcers said "the Pirates were getting a lot of good spots from the Refs today".

If that channel is the ACC Channel, they need to use the ACC Team Radio Networks.

It probably has to do with the broadcast company. I wanted to listen to the SC booth of the UNC game driving home from Raleigh yesterday, but TuneIn only seems to have Learfield schools' broadcasts as options. I'd bet Sirius has a similar deal.

• roland said... (original post)

It probably has to do with the broadcast company. I wanted to listen to the SC booth of the UNC game driving home from Raleigh yesterday, but TuneIn only seems to have Learfield schools' broadcasts as options. I'd bet Sirius has a similar deal.

Possibly, but if they are going to bill themselves as an ACC Channel, then....In the past, they have used the Home Team broadcast.

SiriusXM did have the USC Network on for the CHEATER game.

• Any word on U-verse?

• It seems like ACCN is not carrying the State WCU game weekend. Where can one watch it on TV in the Raleigh area?

• biggoodwolf said... It seems like ACCN is not carrying the State WCU game weekend. Where can one watch it on TV in the Raleigh area?

RSN such as Fox Sports Carolina and Fox Sports South

Streaming
    RSN which is Fox Sports Carolina, Fox Sports South.

With Sinclair purchase of RSN, not sure if out of market RSN will carry game or not

Streaming requires an ACC Network login

https://twitter.com/awfulannouncing/status/1157349090075668481?s=19

The upcoming August 22 launch of the ACC Network has plenty of implications on the TV side, especially with three games there on opening weekend and with many big providers still without deals to carry the network. But that network’s launch is also going to have implications for streaming-only content; ESPN put out a release Thursday about “ACC Network Extra,” or digital-only content within the ESPN app that will require authentication of a cable or satellite subscription to ACC Network. That platform’s going to have a lot of content from a variety of less prominent sports, including 168 volleyball games, 108 women’s soccer games and 91 men’s soccer games, but it also will feature five football games this year. And thanks to ESPN’s football schedules, we know which five those will be. Here’s a list of games that will be only on “ACCNX” (all times Eastern):

Saturday, Sept. 7 (Week 2):

Western Carolina at NC State, 12:30 PM
    Richmond at Boston College, 12:30 PM
    North Carolina A&T at Duke, 3:00 PM
    Eastern Kentucky at Louisville, 4:00 PM
    Saturday, Sept 14 (Week 3):

The Citadel at Georgia Tech, 12:30 PM

Those are all FCS teams, so these aren’t necessarily the biggest games in the world. But there certainly will be fans of the teams in question interested in watching those games, and they’ll now need an ACC Network subscription to do so. And that’s a change compared to the ACC’s previous digital-only content; back in July 2016 when the ACC Network deal was announced, ESPN decided to launch a digital “ACC Network Plus” that August as part of the lead-up to the 2019 launch of the linear network, but it was largely just for branding to this point; digital-only games involving ACC teams were found within the ESPN app just like ESPN3 content, but with ACC Network branding instead, requiring just an ESPN subscription to access. Now, digital-only ACC content is now about to involve another hurdle, and one that will still carry some challenges given the numerous providers that haven’t signed on to carry the network.

Early Season ACC Football Game Times and Networks Announced https://t.co/IWKktVnS86

Western Carolina at NC State, 12:30 p.m., RSN

7 of last 9 home games kickoff before 1pm.

Saturday, Sept. 7
    Ohio at Pitt, 11 a.m., ACC Network – previously announced
    Old Dominion at Virginia Tech, Noon, ESPNU
    Western Carolina at NC State, 12:30 p.m., RSN
    South Florida at Georgia Tech, 2 p.m., ACC Network – previously announced
    Texas A&M at Clemson, 3:30 p.m., ABC
    Richmond at Boston College, 3:30 p.m., ACC Network Extra
    Louisiana-Monroe at Florida State, 5 p.m., ACC Network – previously announced
    North Carolina A&T at Duke, 6 p.m., ACC Network Extra
    Eastern Kentucky at Louisville, 7 p.m., ACC Network Extra
    Miami at North Carolina, 8 p.m., ACC Network – previously announced

This post was edited by wolfer79 4 months ago

• According to Mattsarzsports.com, these are the FOX RSN affiliates showing the game:

Western Carolina at NC State

FOX Sports Detroit PLUS
    FOX Sports Florida
    FOX Sports North PLUS
    FOX Sports South
    FOX Sports Southwest PLUS
    FOX Sports West
    FOX Sports Wisconsin
    NBC Sports Washington
    NESNplus
    AT&T SportsNet Pittsburgh
    SportsTime Ohio

As for streaming, would think the only option would be one of FOX's offerings, FoxSports or FoxSportsGo

This post was edited by wrcwolf 4 months ago

• ... and finally showing up as unlocked on ESPN app.

• I understand that sling has reached agreement to carry the ACC Network Channel but has the channel appeared on the sling orange app so that you can watch games?

• mddocisa said... (original post)

I understand that sling has reached agreement to carry the ACC Network Channel but has the channel appeared on the sling orange app so that you can watch games?

When I signed up for the free one week trial to watch the ECU game (I cancelled it yesterday), I had to sign up for the orange + sports package to get the ACCN.

• PackMentality87 said... When I signed up for the free one week trial to watch the ECU game (I cancelled it yesterday), I had to sign up for the orange + sports package to get the A...

sp

How much is the sports package?
    Makes sense that they would try to bring the price up to what the other services are charging. The reason that I asked is that although I disconnect services two months ago I can still see the channels in the orange package and I dont see the ACC Network Channel.