2022: Aamil Wagner?

2022: Aamil Wagner?

• user generatedI noticed one of the biggest risers in the updated 2022 rankings is an Ohio Kid, Aamil Wagner, who climbed over 300 spots into the Top 100 (#83). Offensive Tackle out of Dayton.

What's the deal here? I'm not seeing any OSU offer and his page lists Michigan State and Kentucky as "warm."

• Discussion
  • dneus said... (original post)I noticed one of the biggest risers in the updated 2022 rankings is an Ohio Kid, Aamil Wagner, who climbed over 300 spots into the Top 100 (#83). Offe...

On the similar note they dropped Tegra a ton

• dneus said... (original post)I noticed one of the biggest risers in the updated 2022 rankings is an Ohio Kid, Aamil Wagner, who climbed over 300 spots into the Top 100 (#83). Offe...

You always seem to find these kids overlooked kids. Another good eye by you. I watched this kid and I cannot believe he is not on the radar. He is as raw as can be but what an athlete. Look at the length on this kid. 6-6 and long arms even for a 6-6 kid. I have to think he was off the radar because he is so light it is hard to evaluate him as an offensive lineman. He is so thin he really does look close to thin. He is only 240-250 and needs to be in the 300 lb range to be a college tackle, right? Yes to both questions. Look at the frame. Look at how lean this kid is. He can add 40 lbs to that frame. Not an early offer kid but what a great project he would be if he is still there late in the process. I would not worry about position. I would bring him in as an athlete. Watch this film. Just the first play. Tell me Mick could not do something with an athlete like this kid.

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/12819310/5dbe2ee3688eb9123088f6dc

This post was edited by Duane 4 months ago

• I saw this too when I was looking at the new list and was going to ask the same question

• Cosprgsbuckeye said... (original post)I saw this too when I was looking at the new list and was going to ask the same question

Watch the first play on that film. It only takes a few seconds.

• Duane said... (original post)Watch the first play on that film. It only takes a few seconds.

I didn't see a link to film for him? Never mind, I answered my own question. Little slow today

This post was edited by Cosprgsbuckeye 4 months ago

• Duane said... (original post)Watch the first play on that film. It only takes a few seconds.

Ok, I see why he moved up, lol. Athletic and plays with a mean streak through the whistle. If I'm the kid that got caught from behind I would start running track in the spring to get faster for football. Him running that kid down was impressive. Mick could add some good weight to that frame
  • Younger brother of Ahmad Wagner, who went to Iowa for hoops but transferred to Kentucky to play football.

He’s now a rookie with Chicago Bears. Big wide receiver: 6-foot-5, 234 pounds.

This post was edited by Dan Rubin 4 months ago

• Duane said... (original post)You always seem to find these kids overlooked kids. Another good eye by you. I watched this kid and I cannot believe he is not on the radar. He is as ...

His older brother was incredibly athletic too.. great HS player..
  • Dan Rubin said... (original post)Younger brother of Ahmad Wagner, who went to Iowa for hoops but transferred to Kentucky to play football. He’s now a rookie with Chicago Bears. Bi...

Which is why Kentucky is at the top of his list.

• Duane said... (original post)You always seem to find these kids overlooked kids. Another good eye by you. I watched this kid and I cannot believe he is not on the radar. He is as ...

Was hoping you would comment. Thanks for the compliment.

Completely agree. Definitely a project, but my lord the upside is through the roof.

• I might be the camp think and the weight right now ... they might want to see how he looks playing 40 pounds heavier

• Newguy88 said... (original post)I might be the camp think and the weight right now ... they might want to see how he looks playing 40 pounds heavier

I mentioned that. The problem is someone is going to have to take him before he gets that big. It is going to take a couple of years to add that kind of weight.

• Duane said... (original post)I mentioned that. The problem is someone is going to have to take him before he gets that big. It is going to take a couple of years to add that kind ...

Your Def right about that ! I feel bad for guys like this because there late bloomers body wise and he might not reach his potential size and athletic wise until a Redshirt Feeshman or Redshirt Sophomore year

• To read this post and more, subscribe now - 75% off Annual VIP Pass first year

Become an Annual VIP member today and get access to VIP content, ad-free forums & more.

Join
  • To read this post and more, subscribe now - 75% off Annual VIP Pass first year

Become an Annual VIP member today and get access to VIP content, ad-free forums & more.

Join

Omg!!! What speed this guy has for being his size. I couldn’t stop watching his highlights as he moves so well at LT and plays with a special kind of nasty! Grab this kid!!

• peeblesbuck said... (original post)Omg!!! What speed this guy has for being his size. I couldn’t stop watching his highlights as he moves so well at LT and plays with a special ki...

Runs down a kid who may be 80 lbs lighter from behind.

I've beenclose friends withthis kids family since I was in Highschool. Went to the same church as well. Amd I'll tell you now, this kid is going to grow to aorund 6 foot 8and he has greatathleticism. He's a hooper. His dad was just atthebarber shop the other day and we were talking about his olderbrother who just finished playing 2 years at WR for Kentucky after playing Bball for Iowa the first 2 years. He just signed a contract with the Bears I believe he told me. Amil is going to grow into an Elite body on the oline. Greatfeet
  • 937buck said... (original post)I've beenclose friends withthis kids family since I was in Highschool. Went to the same church as well. Amd I'll tell you now, this kid is ...

They say anything about OSU?

• dneus said... (original post)They say anything about OSU?

They don't really talk about that as much for him yet. But I'll ask him next time I see him. I'm certain Mrs.Teresa (his mom) would love for him to play close to home.
  • Kids should not list a leader who has not offered. That school then has the opportunity to back burner that kid. They know they can come back and get him later. If asked for a leader kids should pick one that has offered.