247 drops Tegra 169 spots

247 drops Tegra 169 spots

• From 69 to 238
  • Discussion
  • I saw that ??

Watch his film (versus very solid competition) and tell me that this is a legit ranking?

• PvtPyle said... (original post)I saw that ??Watch his film (versus very solid competition) and tell me that this is a legit ranking?

But he did not look good after 4 months of quarantine! LOL!! WTF

• ESPN has him at 50th.

• 24/7 loves to have it both ways. Absolutely ZERO accountability for being wildly off the mark in his initial assessment if that is what they truly believe.

• OSURocks said... (original post)But he did not look good after 4 months of quarantine! LOL!! WTF

Where is this Phantom film you speak of that he did not look good in? Wait. What?

• Trent Dilfer probably has a hand in this somehow..

• Duane said... (original post)Where is this Phantom film you speak of that he did not look good in? Wait. What?

Think that was sarcasm

• BacardiBuckeye said... (original post)Think that was sarcasm

Duane seems to miss that often ahhaha

• OSU prospects got skull dragged in this update

• BacardiBuckeye said... (original post)Think that was sarcasm

So was mine.

• Dirtnasty said... (original post)Duane seems to miss that often ahhaha

Go back to the Rant. Go on.

• Nvm... they just havent updated the player pages yet.

This post was edited by brutalbrutusOSU 4 months ago

• If Duane likes him, I like him.

• If we're being truthful here, which always happens on Bucknuts lol.. the film BK posted a couple days ago of him at that camp, he looks sloppy, slow a lot of bad weight, now don't get me wrong I never watched his highlight tape, but what I just saw was terrible..

• ncgapp said... (original post)If Duane likes him, I like him.

And I do. At least an elite guard, you know how hard it is for me to put elite and guard in the same sentence, but there is no question in my mind about his ability to play right tackle. In fact, that is where I project him.

• I love recruiting intel, OSU football insider info, but for the life of me, I will never understand why people get so upset over a number ranking a high school player. It’s been proven time and time again, they don’t mean *****. Embrace the lower ranking, it pisses the kids off. Every time one of our commitments gets lowered, it’s an embarrassment. He was dropped, doesn’t matter if it was region bias, based in film, camp workout or they pulled a Random number out.

Be honest, most of you don’t know Jack about identifying college talent and just generalize their talent based in their number. Trust the staff, NOT the “experts”

This post was edited by Griffinfeb 4 months ago

• Remember it’s not that he dropped but we moved kids up. Pretty sure I’ve heard this from recruiting “experts” at 247.

• ncgapp said... (original post)If Duane likes him, I like him.

Most of the time, he and I agree wholeheartedly. I, however, feel that Werner is far better than suggested during the recruitment. There's a couple of others but not many. I also disagree on his assessment on our OLINE haul this year.
  • Duane said... (original post)And I do. At least an elite guard, you know how hard it is for me to put elite and guard in the same sentence, but there is no question in my mind abo...

Why is it so hard? You think its hard to call Miller elite guard? You think its hard to call Davis elite? I also don't buy that tackles are more valuable. It is harder for a QB to react and make good decisions when the pressure is on them immediately up the middle. I get the blind side issue for an edge blocker, but thats it.
  • How do you drop that far with absolutely no new film out? A few spots maybe but that far is just crazy

• GABuckgrad said... (original post)Why is it so hard? You think its hard to call Miller elite guard? You think its hard to call Davis elite? I also don't buy that tackles are ...

Yeah, a QB doesn't need a big wide butt being shoved back into his knees on every other snap... BTW, the SEC and ACC would deem Tegra's extra weight as a positive for a DT or OT. Their floppy overweight Tackles just need to stand their ground on defense or become roadgraders on offense.

• Just curious, if the best QB didn’t show well recently at the elite 11 why is he still rated the best QB going off last year. You would think these ratings services would be consistent.

• Griffinfeb said... (original post)I love recruiting intel, OSU football insider info, but for the life of me, I will never understand why people get so upset over a number ranking ...

But recruiting rankings do matter.... they’re not absolute but there 100% is a pattern of success and a higher likely hood of being drafted in the first round.

• It’s all a game for profit. Over time sites like this will dry up

• Maybe they’re right?