BTN - Pathetic

BTN - Pathetic

Arrow0
  • 9 pm Wednesday July 15. Showing wrestling...really? I’m sure there are lots of viewers tuned in.

Just for comparison purposes, turned in the SEC Network. Of course, football replays.

This is the norm with the BTN. Even if they are financially doing well, could they be doing better?

• Discussion
  • BTN is awful. As much as I despise the SEC, they know how to promote their brand and understand that football is THE revenue king. B1G country LOVES football, but the low-energy decision makers at BTN fail to grasp this concept

• There are so many things that BTN could be doing better. More football reruns, bigger budget for their studio shows (it's lit like a student broadcast room), more recognizable name brand talent...

And for the love of god, get Mike Valenti a show to counter Finebaum.

• Last week/weekend all they did was show OSU upsets...

• Seems like every time it check btn it's like Rutgers vs Nebraska women's volleyball. Coming up next is Purdue vs Maryland women's volleyball. If it was at least the Buckeye ladies vs someone I might leave it on while I'm doing something else. Time to turn on diy network.

This post was edited by blantoncollier 4 months ago

• Dumb post is dumb.

• It should be nothing but football and men’s bkb between 9 am and 11 pm ... play the rest after midnight and if the 20 parents who care want to DVR it then so be it

• I always get a kick out of when they show another teams classic, it's always against Ohio State when they upset the Buckeyes, I just think it's funny LOL

• BTN has like a 7 year head start on the other conference networks.

• I pay a premium for BTN living in NC. And I have no idea why I do it. It’s never turned on. I scroll through the guide from time-to-time to see what they have playing, and it’s just not worth turning on. Plus, their graphics and sets look like something from mid-80’s ESPN.

• Yup, thinking the same thing the other day, SEC has a Football game on continually . BTN needs new programming cause it’s awful.

• I don't have a problem with them showing a variety of sports. Its better than what they were doing back in late March - all basketball.

What I find pathetic is that they haven't opened up their vaults. They own everything they have televised. Yet most of what they (and ESPN) air are things they have aired before and keep airing.

• I think that yesterday was Penn St day... so I'm sure they are highlighting one of their many championships in that sport.

• sem20696 said... (original post)9 pm Wednesday July 15. Showing wrestling...really? I’m sure there are lots of viewers tuned in.Just for comparison purposes, turned in the SEC Net...

I don't really agree with your example, but I agree BTN is pathetic.

I get angry when we have great wrestling, volleyball, hockey matchups going on live. I turn to BTN, and we have some stupid replay that no one cares about playing. I understand we have signed away our top football and basketball live games, but why I can't see other sports' top matchups I don't get.

I don't think we can just replay football all the time. Heck, I can just youtube a football replay if I want it that bad.

BTN makes a ton of money. I agree they could pull in more viewers. Although, I don't think they really care about viewership of replays. It is time to start putting some of that money back into the sets and talent of their shows.

• reservemickey said... (original post)I don't really agree with your example, but I agree BTN is pathetic.I get angry when we have great wrestling, volleyball, hockey matchups ...

I agree. I would rather have more live non-revenue sports on BTN. They could show live baseball all weekend during the spring and yet show very few games live.

• TampaBuck said... (original post)I agree. I would rather have more live non-revenue sports on BTN. They could show live baseball all weekend during the spring and yet show very fe...

We would have two top 5 teams facing off in hockey. Not on. Men's tennis team on a championship run. Not on.

I get not everyone watches these sports, but how many could possibly be watching rerun of PSU and Purdue or whatever. The idea of BTN is to spread the brand of all the sports.