Clemson Article from our Friend Anna Hickey

Clemson Article from our Friend Anna Hickey

Arrow31
  • Dirtnasty said... (original post)did t you just get engaged

That's why they call him Dirtnasty!
  • Homelander87 said... (original post)Yes. But one can dream right? Lol

Is this the one called AnnaBuck?
  • Buckeyechef12 said... (original post)Clempson fans or writers will never understand what being a blue blood actually means .. give em 30 years and we will see if they are still ar...

They think it means a big pot of boooled peenutz!
  • I criticized her once on here and a bunch of dudes came to her defense like she was going to blow them or something. She’s not good at her job.

• Ageezy9572 said... (original post)I think there is some truth to this. I think you are looking at it too historically. Kids don’t look historically they look at the present. Until ...

There’s no truth to it. Ohio State has been in the playoff one time fewer than Clemson. One.

• There have been six college football champions: Alabama twice, Clemson twice, OSU once, and LSU once. OSU has been in the playoffs three times and Clemson four times. And, OSU missed getting in the playoffs by razor thin margins twice.

If for no other reason than to play this season I want to get to the playoffs and kick Clemson's behind.

Their fans are so, so cocky.

Regards,

Chip

• She ain't that fine though. I meanidkbout yall but shiiiddd

• cecsix15 said... (original post)There’s no truth to it. Ohio State has been in the playoff one time fewer than Clemson. One.

Two times fewer but more than most and certainly no one should think that constitutes having newer playoff exposure given OSU has already won a title in the playoff era.
  • ChipMunn said... (original post)There have been six college football champions: Alabama twice, Clemson twice, OSU once, and LSU once. OSU has been in the playoffs three times and ...

clemson has been to the playoffs 5 times
  • cecsix15 said... (original post)There’s no truth to it. Ohio State has been in the playoff one time fewer than Clemson. One.

Take off your OSU glasses lol. Her statement should not be offending people. It’s not a big deal.

In the last 4 years (these kids high school years), Clemson has made the playoffs all 4 times. OSU has made it twice. Not bad. However, one of those years OSU was destroyed 31-0 by Clemson. Most of the world didn’t think OSU should have made the playoffs that year and the results validated the thinking.

So this past year, when OSU makes it under a first time head coach with a new offensive/defensive system and looks like the better team, they kinda feel like the new kid on the block. The shiny new toy for kids to play with.

Y’all are getting butt hurt over something that’s actually good for us. We want the attention from big time recruits.

• Ageezy9572 said... (original post)Take off your OSU glasses lol. Her statement should not be offending people. It’s not a big deal. In the last 4 years (these kids high school yea...

That this was a solid post.

• GABuckgrad said... (original post)We didn't lose. Between handing it to them and getting effed over. *****, we were that dropped Dobbins pass away from blowing the doors off. We m...

We lost.
  • Ageezy9572 said... (original post)Take off your OSU glasses lol. Her statement should not be offending people. It’s not a big deal. In the last 4 years (these kids high school yea...

Good post. Our fans can be a little...uh...sensitive.

• That game was flat out stolen.

• Wcbuckeye1865 said... (original post)That game was flat out stolen.

We lost

This board is very sensitive.

• TampaBuck said... (original post)This board is very sensitive.

That’s an understatement. We have quite the reputation

• TampaBuck said... (original post)This board is very sensitive.

Both can be true here as they are not mutually exclusive. Our fan base is very sensitive. (most are)

Her comment was also inaccurate and a slight to the Ohio State program and she knows it. she tried to paint it in a semi positive light to save face. She knew exactly what she was doing with that comment

This post was edited by sb144904 4 months ago

• sb144904 said... (original post)Both can be true here as they are not mutually exclusive. Our fan base is very sensitive. (most are)Her comment was also inaccurate and a slight to ...

I don't follow her so I couldn't guess her intent but it sounds like you are pretty sure of it. I agree that they aren't mutually exclusive.

• I like Anna a lot as a person and think she does good work for an under-staffed site. But that's a silly thing to say.

• The Gamecocks had a brief laugh about it over on their board.

• PayingSucker said... (original post)The Gamecocks had a brief laugh about it over on their board.

One mod there summarizes the problem with Anna very well. Basically good intel but a big homer. Here’s his quote

She does good work with getting intel, most of the time (Jordan Burch was a huge blunder on her and Steve). The part that she's not professional at all and needs a lot of work is the language she uses when writing her articles and posts. She has done this many times before and it blows my mind. She will talk down other programs and crown Clemson the king of everything. I remember she was talking about Clemson recruiting well and she said something like "any kid who gets pushed by Clemson will give them serious thought, cause they're Clemson." It wasn't exactly like that and honestly I think I wrote it better than what she did that day. It was extremely arrogant. If she stayed unbiased and used better language then she would be really good.

• sb144904 said... (original post)One mod there summarizes the problem with Anna very well. Basically good intel but a big homer. Here’s his quote She does good work with getting in...

That guy evidently hasn’t read anything by “Blue Sam”

Same arrogance but it’s Michigan