Clemson isn’t looking great, here’s why:

Clemson isn’t looking great, here’s why:

Arrow50
  • Everyone is analyzing Clemson, saying something isn’t quite right. The Tigers don’t look the same but they can’t quite put a finger on it... wondering what is wrong? Well, Clemson is off the juice.

They had a major PED scandal at the end of last season (a few players even missed the National Championship game for failing multiple drug tests).

This brought external scrutiny and investigations, obviously Clemson had to tone it down as red flags were being staked all around their program.

So for those wondering why Clemson doesn’t look quite right & why they’ve fallen back to earth? IMO they’ve had to break ties with Dr. Feelgood and their players aren’t artificially enhanced this year.

• Discussion
  • Interest theory. Steroids arent discussed enough when it comes to CFB...one of these days there will be major scandal news story related to CFB peds. That is when there is a journalist that will actually ask the questions.

• To read this post and more, subscribe now - 50% off Annual VIP Pass first year

Become an Annual VIP member today and get access to VIP content, ad-free forums & more.

Join
  • Let’s be careful here. Our guys are just as big, fast, and strong. Look at Chase for gods sake.

• Great point and I hope that they and every other program is clean. I'm sure one or two guys here and there might cheat but not half the damn team like with clemson.

• Did t Alabama suffer the same fate too during playoffs? Think they did...

• Lmaooo so Superbowl teams that don’t look good the next season are all Juicing ?

Is that why we didn’t look good in 2015 ?

Or FSU didn’t look good in 2014 ?

Good theory .

This post was edited by ghBuck23 2 months ago

• ghBuck23 said... (original post) Lmaooo so Superbowl teams that don’t look good the next season are all Juicing ? Is that why we didn’t look good in 2015 ? Or FSU didn’t look good ...

If there was a Superbowl team that had multiple players suspended for steroid use and a cloud of controversy hovering over their program in the off-season, then the next season they don't look half as dominant as before... then I'd say yes, that team was probably juicing and had to stop. The theory is reasonable.
  • Could you imagine if the NCAA actually investigated the PED tests and tested the whole team, like they should have? My hunch says they would have been stripped of their Championship.

• Urban Buckeye said... (original post) Let’s be careful here. Our guys are just as big, fast, and strong. Look at Chase for gods sake.

To be fair, Chase has looked like that since his high school days.

Not to mention we didnt have 3 of 18 players piss hot on a piss test before the bowl games.

• ghBuck23 said... (original post) Lmaooo so Superbowl teams that don’t look good the next season are all Juicing ? Is that why we didn’t look good in 2015 ? Or FSU didn’t look good ...

We lost our Offensive Coordinator and let Warriner screw up. FSU simply lost too many playmakers. I can buy the juice theory.

• 3 of 4 DL went to NFL.

• bonebuck said... (original post) 3 of 4 DL went to NFL.

Doesnt explain the real issue, the offense.

• Urban Buckeye said... (original post) Let’s be careful here. Our guys are just as big, fast, and strong. Look at Chase for gods sake.

Ha!
    If our guys were juicing you can trust that Tom Herman and ESPin would have spilled the beans a long time ago and Brett Mcmurphy would have made a career out of that story. tOSU is one of the most scrutinized programs out there. We take it on the chin from all sides a lot and we just keep chugging along. If there were something to be found it would have been mentioned already. The fact is we run a pretty damn clean program. The only thing the Buckeyes are handing out right now are **** whoopn's in abundance.
  • SouthOfTheOlentangy said... (original post) Ha!If our guys were juicing you can trust that Tom Herman and ESPin would have spilled the beans a long time ago and Brett Mcmurphy wou...

You’ve got that right Olentangy! Southern teams have a win at all costs mentality with support structures that run cover for them and brush 95% of their dirt right out the window. tOSU, on the other hand, is dedicated to atleast trying to do things the right way and is perpetually under a white hot microscope 24-7. Our compliance dept is well aware there are scores of people constantly loitering around the program, just waiting for something to pounce on.

Auburn, Clemson, FSU, Ole Miss, etc... these teams will do almost anything to win an extra game or two, within or without the rules.

• I wouldn’t call somebody in sarms juicing. I’ve done research myself and it’s not like running a real cycle.

• ColRedBeard said... (original post) Doesnt explain the real issue, the offense.

So you think Trevor Lawrence as a True frosh was Juicing .

• Buckeye Warrior said... (original post) We lost our Offensive Coordinator and let Warriner screw up. FSU simply lost too many playmakers. I can buy the juice theory.

So which of the offensive playmakers you think were Juicing last year and had to stop ?

Trevor Lawrence ? Justyn Ross ?

• ghBuck23 said... (original post) So you think Trevor Lawrence as a True frosh was Juicing .

Nah just a Hansen twin on growth hormone
  • RodMac said... (original post) If there was a Superbowl team that had multiple players suspended for steroid use and a cloud of controversy hovering over their program in the off-...

Lol Clemson wasn’t dominant all season last year. They had tussles like this with everyone until the playoffs.

They only dominated Notre Dame and Bama in the playoffs. They weren’t dominant all season .

Their stuggles are on offense right now , Defense is still dominant.

I wonder which of the offensive players you guys think had to stop juicing .

Trevor Lawrence ?

• Someone needs to investigate 2016 , They didn’t look dominant all season.

But they beat us 31-0 , we didn’t even score .

Clemson must have the type of Juice that only kicks in during the playoffs.

This is totally unfair.

• ghBuck23 said... (original post) Lol Clemson wasn’t dominant all season last year. They had tussles like this with everyone until the playoffs.They only dominated Notre Dame and B...

Clemson didn’t have a game stay within 20 points from October thru the end of the season last year.

• Hahaha this thread is laughable. So people think that OSU doesn't have plenty of players who are using some form of PED's. Got news for you, players use PED's at all levels of football and if they are smart they won't get caught.

• JDgopher said... (original post) Hahaha this thread is laughable. So people think that OSU doesn't have plenty of players who are using some form of PED's. Got news for ...

It's out of control at the high school level right now.

• ghBuck23 said... (original post) Someone needs to investigate 2016 , They didn’t look dominant all season.But they beat us 31-0 , we didn’t even score .Clemson must have the type ...

Lol they had two close games last year
  • Guys, please don't disparage gh stupidity whenever he's clinging to a weak narrative with regard to Clemmons football... he's just nurturing a helpless crush.
    Thanks