Could Buckeyes' 2020 O-line be program's best in last 40 years?

Could Buckeyes' 2020 O-line be program's best in last 40 years?

• Discussion
  • Orlando 'Pancake' Pace was beyond awesome!

• Dave, Spot on. This Oline/offense "would" demolish any defense they "would" face this year....and I'm sick about it. Here's why. Boys....."NO" Ohio State football this year. Sickening...what a team Ryan Day put together. We need to face it, football can't be played. This fricking virus is too dangerous. Plus B10/Ohio State/Michigan/Penn State most conservative entities in the country....and throw in ND. Really makes me sick...this team is loaded !! But chances much less than 50/50 will see them play........

• Calm down

• I hope to see a lot of them this year.

• Pace is still the best OT I have ever seen

This post was edited by keato37 4 months ago

• Excellent. Thanks for the look back...

• Thanks fellas. Was a fun story to write. Enjoyed looking back on these guys.

• The scary part is, this may be the first O-Line in Ohio State history to not allow one single sack all year.

• And the back ups of top 4* Vimahi, Dewand Jones, #1 OC Mathew Jones ,#2OCLuke Wypler, 4*s Max Wray Ryan Jacoby, and Grant Toutant for S%$#@# and giggles.

• Barring injury and nonsense people outlawing crowds beyond immediate family, yes, 1-5 this group good be truly elite.

Hopefully we play 12 conference games, and B1G title game is the west champ we haven't played yet. 13-0 + two playoff wins equals the first natty vs zero mid majors. This OL will be elite and with elite QB I'll bet against all challengers.

• talbert39 said... (original post)The scary part is, this may be the first O-Line in Ohio State history to not allow one single sack all year.

Even the best OL in the history of football would allow a sack during a season, just based on luck. But I hear ya.

• Dave Biddle said... (original post)Even the best OL in the history of football would allow a sack during a season, just based on luck. But I hear ya.

Not sure sacks are a good measure. Dwayne was sacked much less than Fields and he had way more attempts. Some are related to coverage, inexperience.etc. That being said, this line is going to be insane and thats regardless of who starts at RT. Munford needs to be healthy.
  • It was even a little before my time but the 1973 team had one tackle that almost won the Heisman in John Hicks and another NFL first rounder in Kurt Schumacher. Steve Myers would become one of the best Buckeye centers of all time. Just another OL to think about.

• Carseye2 said... (original post)It was even a little before my time but the 1973 team had one tackle that almost won the Heisman in John Hicks and another NFL first rounder in Kur...

Yes, I was just going by the guys I've personally seen. No doubt an OL led by John Hicks (or to go 2 decades before that, Jim Parker) would be on the list of all-time best OSU O-lines.

• Dave Biddle said... (original post)Even the best OL in the history of football would allow a sack during a season, just based on luck. But I hear ya.

Yeah the odds say there will be sacks & not one even.

This post was edited by gurndogg 4 months ago

• Our inside guys are better in this class but the tackles were much better in the 94 team. I think I would give the nod to this years team in the run game but the Orlando Pace years were special. Didn’t he go whole seasons without giving up a sack? We called him pancake for a reason. Next years OL seems to have a better chance than this years on the outside???