Dabo acting shady to get Hancock's commitment?

Dabo acting shady to get Hancock's commitment?

Arrow23
  • Shouldn't come as much of a surprise, but to hear it from staff members (Andrew Ellis) is interesting. Anyone know what this might have been?

user generated

• Discussion
  • It recently came out that Hancock's mom had cancer and that was his reasoning for committing to Clemson out of nowhere. Wanted to stay close to her.

Clemson fans better hope that it doesn't have to do with that. But hey, they had an assistant coach use the N word towards a black player and that got less news coverage than Zach Smith so....

• Someone please elaborate on this. What are the kids saying?

• Can’t read it. Someone help me out?

• Annabuck said... (original post)Can’t read it. Someone help me out?

Andrew Ellis STAFF 11 HOURS AGO
    I don't even want to tell you what Clemson pulled to get him to commit. It's the reason a lot of the Ohio State commits are taking shots right now (and rightfully so).

• BacardiBuckeye said... (original post)Andrew Ellis STAFF 11 HOURS AGO I don't even want to tell you what Clemson pulled to get him to commit. It's the reason a lot of th...

Thank you. Appreciate that.

• Anon39 said... (original post)Someone please elaborate on this. What are the kids saying?

Tunmise said recruits are finally waking up to Dabo's/Clemson's BS or something like that. Henderson has been trolling them on Twitter since Hancock decommitted. Not sure what our other recruits are saying but those are the main two.

• We should also use that Dabo won't be around much longer and the chances he's around 4 years for those he's recruiting are very slim. He'll be in Tuscaloosa in a second. Remember how droopy the dog used to say to recruits that Urban was older and won't be around?

• Acting? No, he aint acting. The N word incident, the PEDs, and the money laundering church, the dude IS shady. Period.

• BacardiBuckeye said... (original post)Tunmise said recruits are finally waking up to Dabo's/Clemson's BS or something like that. Henderson has been trolling them on Twit...

Oh wow. Thanks.

• sem20696 said... (original post)We should also use that Dabo won't be around much longer and the chances he's around 4 years for those he's recruiting are very slim...

I get less and less convinced that Dabo goes to Alabama each year with the more success he has at Clemson.

• So we get random hints but nothing that actually happened. Why can’t we just get information instead of vague stuff. Spill the beans Teddy.

• buckzip said... (original post)So we get random hints but nothing that actually happened. Why can’t we just get information instead of vague stuff. Spill the beans Teddy.

+1

• Patrick Murphy said... (original post)I get less and less convinced that Dabo goes to Alabama each year with the more success he has at Clemson.

Same here. Acc sucks. Guaranteed a playoff spot and got it made in the shade. Sec is a pressure cooker in west.
  • Patrick Murphy said... (original post)I get less and less convinced that Dabo goes to Alabama each year with the more success he has at Clemson.

When his kids growing up Clemson and attending Clemson, it sunk a great deal.

• Based on bits and pieces that I've read this morning (Hancock saying that he made an emotional decision while mentioning his mom's cancer, Clemson really pressuring kids to commit on visits), I'm willing to bet that Dabo played a card like, "Think of your mother and her cancer; you'd REALLY want to stay close to home for her sake, wouldn't you?" I'm guessing some power of prayer crap may have gotten thrown in there, too (Hancock mentioned the appeal of faith at Clemson when he committed).

This post was edited by WoodyHayesFalconPunch 4 months ago

• WoodyHayesFalconPunch said... (original post)Based on bits and pieces that I've read this morning (Hancock saying that he made an emotional decision, Clemson really pressurin...

That's what I'm thinking as well

• sem20696 said... (original post)We should also use that Dabo won't be around much longer and the chances he's around 4 years for those he's recruiting are very slim...

He was right about Urban not being around .....

• jhanks76 said... (original post)Ummm....he was right about Urban....

It's not like he had insider information that Urban was retiring. Coincidental. The fact you think maybe otherwise is surprising
  • Poster on 11w who claims to be in the know about this situation, said Dabo told Hancock if he loves his mom he'd stay close to home and commit to Clemson. If that's true wow... It speaks volumes that Hancock didn't personally call Clemson to let them know he was decommitting.

This although I could see him being the guy who replaces the guy who replaced Saban.

• Tyda2 said... (original post)It's not like he had insider information that Urban was retiring. Coincidental. The fact you think maybe otherwise is surprising

I think it had been swirling in coaching circles personally. It’s a small community and most of the top guys have a few of the same top agents.

• I think Dabo is closer to Jimbo Fisher than Nick Saban in terms of career trajectory.

• I've been wondering for years when Dabo's fake persona would be exposed. Looks like it's finally catching up to him.

• andyj said... (original post)I think it had been swirling in coaching circles personally. It’s a small community and most of the top guys have a few of the same top agents.

I'm not sure that's true. Urban didn't plan on retiring and it all came together pretty quickly from my understanding.