Final answer on Hafley

Final answer on Hafley

Arrow11
  • I think he’s going to be the next head coach at Boston College. I was told they have a tentative agreement in place. Should have everything finalized by tomorrow.

Could something fall through? Yes but I’m not expecting that to happen.

My call is Hafley to Boston College.

• Discussion
  • Will he be coaching through the Playoffs?

• must be a personal choice? I am with others who thought he could have gotten a better landing spot, but Good Luck to him.
    THANKS for all you do BILL!

• Recruiting impact?

• Damn it, that sucks. Was hoping that it fell through

• Fans that wanted or thought he should wait for a better gig just wanted him to stay at OSU.

• Thanks for everything on Hafley, Bill.

• bonebuck said... (original post) Will he be coaching through the Playoffs?

Oh heck yes. Best thing for OSU and for BC.

• gessig said... (original post) must be a personal choice? I am with others who thought he could have gotten a better landing spot

I guess it all depends on his personal timeline for being a head coach. There are of course many jobs better than BC and maybe they would have come calling in time, but for an NFL position coach to parlay one year as a coordinator into a Power 5 head coaching gig is a pretty neat trick.
  • You just don’t know but I’m not expecting any issues. OSU is still OSU.

• Bill, this post is going to be copied and pasted on the BC 247 page. Lol.

• Hafley must be Catholic or not a Mormon.

• What an absolute ***** show. I’d be nervous how this BC organization handled this if I were Hafley.

• Hello Chris Ash?

• BillGreene said... (original post) Oh heck yes. Best thing for OSU and for BC.

We are good then. I am sure Ryan Day has possible replacement coaches on speed dial.

• Bring me Chris Ash and I won’t be upset. I appreciate everything Hafley has done for us this year and I wish him good luck. He’s taking an ACC job when the conference is WIDE open for the taking...as good a time as any...

• ebraun84 said... (original post) Bring me Chris Ash and I won’t be upset. I appreciate everything Hafley has done for us this year and I wish him good luck. He’s taking an ACC job ...

Day’s first branch from his coaching tree

• My hope for you guys in this is that I think BC has been so inept through this that it can all fall apart until they get the signature.

I was told it’s done barring a snag. BC could absolutely provide s snag. LOL.

• ebraun84 said... (original post) Bring me Chris Ash and I won’t be upset. I appreciate everything Hafley has done for us this year and I wish him good luck. He’s taking an ACC job ...

Haha. Forgot about Ash. That would be awesome if he came back. Not sure of the relationship with Day though. I am sure Urban Meyer will have some say so.

Ah would be perfect because after th Rutgers debacle he might not want another head coaching job and might be happy to make 1-2 mill a year as a DC.

So we cold end up having him for several years.
  • Bill when he is officially announced and he stays on to coach in the playoffs does Coach Day have to wait till playoffs are over or can he hire the replacement anytime

• Good bye Hafley...did well with 4 stud recruits from previous coaches! Don’t like the “one and done” but “it is what it is”...Defense better play lights out or he’s gonna get and deserve plenty of feedback. This does not compare to Clemson coaches who have been there and done that...Let’s Go Bucks!!! 100% Tiger Focus! Where’s the Brian Hartline of DBs?

This post was edited by ncbuckeyes 5 months ago

• BC though , reminds me of Chris Ash going to Rutgers .

• The Best to him and his family! He will not be the last and it is simply part of the game. A good head coach must be able to fill staff vacancies and I expect our head coach will. All is good! Keep our eyes on the prize and beat Clemson!

• Well the positive here could be that we can finally fully focus on Clemson.

• He won't take Al washington with him correct ! I hope he doesn't take any of our staff with him