FOX announces Ohio State-Penn State kick off time

FOX announces Ohio State-Penn State kick off time

• Discussion
  • Well that sucks ..... at least it could have been a 3:30 game.

• Fox is really putting a damper on our tailgates.
    Love their coverage (when we re-watch the game later), but for those of us who go to the games, noon kickoffs suck.

• Coach tressel wishes that fox owned our rights years ago because he loved nooners.

He liked 12 pm kickoffs too!

• Really disappointing

• if the game was in PA it would be a white out night game

This post was edited by Marcpes 9 months ago

• Does this mean tailgating should begin now? And I bet any amount of money we have to play in the damn white out game next year!!! At night!! When is the last time they played us at night in the ‘shoe?! Oh well, as I write this I realize we should be above such petty whining. Noon game, 3:30, 7:30, an ***-whipping is an ***-whipping. Noon just feels early for a regular season playoff game.

This post was edited by gbasye 9 months ago

• Oh Well......

• gbasye said... (original post) Does this mean tailgating should begin now? And I bet any amount of money we have to play in the damn white out game next year!!! At night!! When is ...

Pretty sure the JT heroics inthe 4th quarter two years ago was at night.

• If the result of a noon kickoff is similar to our other noon home kickoffs then keep them coming.

• I'm pretty sure that was a 3:30 game.

• To read this post and more, subscribe now - 50% off Annual VIP Pass first year

Become an Annual VIP member today and get access to VIP content, ad-free forums & more.

Join
  • Marcpes said... (original post) if the game was in PA it would be a white out night game

I will be very curious to see what time next years game will be scheduled?

It will be a MONUMENTAL meeting in Happy Valley with both teams returning starting QB’s and very talented rosters. To your point, I will be very surprised if it’s not a night game. If so, the network is providing for a competitive advantage for one program that they are not for the other.

• BOOOOO

• Just read through all of the replies to the official FOX Sports Twitter account under their post where they announced the start time. Every single reply right now is a complaint. FOX is literally ruining game atmospheres by this noon garbage for all of the big games. I did my duty and replied with a complaint. The only thing we can do is to keep them coming and to flood their Twitter with complaints about the start time, which appears to be happening so far. At some point this has to stop.

Screw FOX. Quite ironic this has turned into the fiasco it has with them given how our fan base has been begging for more of our games to be on that network and less on the "evil" ESPN. Well, ESPN may have their own issues when it comes to their on air narrative sometimes, but at least they know when to televise big games.

• Marcpes said... (original post) if the game was in PA it would be a white out night game

Not really, they already used that up on scum....but yes, next year it will be....

• I love the early games. Allows me to watch the other top teams later in the day. I hate night games because I wake up Saturday morning and it seems like it takes 36 hours for 7:00pm to get here.

• Ohio State always wants to play at noon the week before the Michigan game so they have maximum rest.

• I understand they are pushing the noon game agenda. Fine. But I will be freaking pissed when next year OSU goes to happy valley and you can bet your ass it will be a white out night game. Happens every time. Prime time at their place, noon at ours! Bullshit!

• rodneyjitka11 said... (original post) Ohio State always wants to play at noon the week before the Michigan game so they have maximum rest.

that actually makes sense as if they play a night game, Sunday workouts are a killer and get them a shorter week.

• Jeffman_247S said... (original post) I'm pretty sure that was a 3:30 game.

Correct.

• OSUmidwest said... (original post) I understand they are pushing the noon game agenda. Fine. But I will be freaking pissed when next year OSU goes to happy valley and you can bet ...

I always prefer night for big games home and away. But this right here is THE most infuriating thing about this in the Penn State series. Perfect example is 2017. The game had been a night game in Happy Valley dating back into the Tressel years. Yet 2017 comes along and it was at 3:30 in Columbus. 2018, you figured maybe they would have to settle for a 3:30 kick in Happy Valley too? Nope. They got it at night last year. Now noon here in Columbus in 2019. Infuriating.
  • I love noon games, wish they were all at noon my take right here

It's a de factor playoff quarterfinal game, they could play it at 12 midnight and it would be full and 13 million people would be watching on TV … Me, I'm just glad I can clock out at 7 p.m. that day https://t.co/Zvh9v4wH5z— Steve Helwagen (@SteveHelwagen) November 6, 2019

• Didn't OSU get shut out in Schlicter's freshman year, or was I just dreaming?

• To read this post and more, subscribe now - 50% off Annual VIP Pass first year

Become an Annual VIP member today and get access to VIP content, ad-free forums & more.

Join
  • Lame. You can’t convince me the stadium will be as rockin at noon as it would be at prime time. Fox sucks