FOX announces Ohio State-Penn State kick off time

FOX announces Ohio State-Penn State kick off time

• The upside is the difference in recovery time for 'ichigan.
    I know it's not much,but, it let's the boys enjoy the victory that day and come back in Sunday focused on THE GAME.

• Just a trivial point of order regarding the story. Ohio State and Penn State met for the first time long before 1975. I remember a couple of games with them back in the early 60's when Tom Barrington played. I think they played a couple before that one too.

• davebucknut said... (original post) Coach tressel wishes that fox owned our rights years ago because he loved nooners.He liked 12 pm kickoffs too!

That gave JT more time to plan for a warm cup of cocoa in front of the fireplace with Ellen on Saturday nights!

• FOX Broadcasting Company: Change the Penn State-Ohio State Game to a Night Game - Sign the Petition! chng.it/MCbR5w8J via @change

Found this via Steve’s message/tweet. Some things are just better at night than nooners, lol. But Steve, man, you have to agree that we will no doubt play PSU at night at their house next year - please explain why a night white-out doesn’t give PSU an advantage.

• Next year's PSU game will be in October so no doubt it will be the prime time game. I thought there were some restrictions on night games in November. Not positive. Maybe someone can help here.

• Georgem80 said... (original post) Pretty sure the JT heroics inthe 4th quarter two years ago was at night.

It was like a 4 or 4:30 kickoff because they went straight to the World Series after but yes it did end in the dark.

• To read this post and more, subscribe now - One Month for Only $1

Become an Annual VIP member today and get access to VIP content, ad-free forums & more.

Join
  • Hopefully FOX feels the same about our matchup with them next season. Big Noon FOX..... don't you forget it either.

• You mean, fox sucks BIG TIME!!!

• Fox is the F'ing Devil.

• SteveHelwagen said... (original post) I love noon games, wish they were all at noon my take right hereIt's a de factor playoff quarterfinal game, they could play it at 12 mid...

You are older. Nooners suck ballz.

• 'The first game between the two traditional powerhouses came in 1975 when Woody Hayes' Buckeyes defeated Joe Paterno's Nittany Lions 17-9 at the Horseshoe.'

This is incorrect. I remember seeing State Penn in Ohio Stadium in 1964 when I was a sophomore. And we lost then, too! Maybe you're referring to the record after PSU joined the B1G.

• This is what happens when Disney owns ESPN and fFox they have all the time slots covered to their advantage; might as well get used to it it's not going to change

• These noon games on Fox are still their highest rated games. You can complain all you want, they are still getting what they want out of it.

• This is great news. WHY in the hell would anybody want a night game in November ???

• tiffin goon said... (original post) This is what happens when Disney owns ESPN and fFox they have all the time slots covered to their advantage; might as well get used to it it&#x...

Disney doesn’t own fox network or fox sports.

• Terrible. Our 3 best games of the year will all be noon kick offs. I'm in Oregon so 9 am Marquee games are not my thing. I'm okay with it for the easy wins though.

• Akingsbery said... (original post) Terrible. Our 3 best games of the year will all be noon kick offs. I'm in Oregon so 9 am Marquee games are not my thing. I'm okay with ...

I'm in Washington and I will start drinking at 7 am for that one....

• OSUDon said... (original post) Didn't OSU get shut out in Schlicter's freshman year, or was I just dreaming?

No, you weren't dreaming.
  • Nooners don't do us favors in recruiting either. It's difficult for out of state recruits to get to Cbus on time, especially with a Friday night (HS) game.

• To read this post and more, subscribe now - One Month for Only $1

Become an Annual VIP member today and get access to VIP content, ad-free forums & more.

Join
  • FFS

• Marcpes said... (original post) if the game was in PA it would be a white out night game

Absolutely, without a doubt... PSU really lucked out on this one- and its also a kick in the teeth for the biggest recruiting weekend of the year...

• SteveS78 said... (original post) Just read through all of the replies to the official FOX Sports Twitter account under their post where they announced the start time. Every single ...

THIS!

• Woody lost to Penn State when Art Schlichter was a freshman - I remember watching that game