JT family moving Dallas

JT family moving Dallas

• I have seen on the OU board that JT's family might move to Dallas. They think that would be big advantage for them in regards to proximity.

• Discussion
  • Ifka614 said... (original post)I have seen on the OU board that JT's family might move to Dallas. They think that would be big advantage for them in regards to proximity.

The kid from Washington?

• to be fair , they think everything is an advantage to them.. except playing defense... zing!

• You’d have to be crazy to go to Oklahoma if you’re a highly regarded defensive guy. I can’t think of any noteworthy nfl guys since Gerald McCoy

• Any 5 star defensive player who chooses Oklahoma needs their brain checked lmao

• Yawn. It’s been well documented that NFL development is an important part in his recruitment. OU has been absolutely terrible on the Defensive side of the ball in that regard.

• Cashing in all your chips for Grinch and that dogsh*t defense conference? Just can't see it for the life of me.

• Says IMG is most likely. If it’s IMG then that’s a big benefit, but if it’s Dallas I don’t think it would matter that much

• If living in Washington State wasn’t enough to have UW in the lead, I doubt them moving to Dallas would make a difference for Oklahoma.

This post was edited by gtownbuckeye 4 months ago

• MannekenPis said... (original post)Cashing in all your chips for Grinch and that dogsh*t defense conference? Just can't see it for the life of me.

In fairness, if the SEC were loaded with pass happy teams, Alabama and UGA would likely not be top ranked defenses statistically. They've had a lot of really good QBs in the big 12. You need more than 20 prep hours to prepare for that type of offense.
  • Sure it wouldn’t hurt them but don’t think it really gets them close to overtaking OSU. Osu has by far the better track record producing DL talent and development, then add in the comfort and relationships. Gonna be tough to beat that

• Washington is one option but it looks like IMG would be the more likely destination.

They’re only going to move if high school in Washington is canceled.

IMG would be good for OSU IMO.

• ebraun84 said... (original post)Washington is one option but it looks like IMG would be the more likely destination.They’re only going to move if high school in Washington is canc...

It has been a good thing for some time. Now Pepper Johnson is there.

• GABuckgrad said... (original post)In fairness, if the SEC were loaded with pass happy teams, Alabama and UGA would likely not be top ranked defenses statistically. They've ha...

Exactly, Big 12 defenses may suck but their offenses are the best bar none. That Oklahoma offense in 2017 was some kind of special, Lincoln Riley just choked and got away from his gameplan

• I know many people here in WA and OR looking to relocate to where they can lead a quiet life.

• Homelander87 said... (original post)Exactly, Big 12 defenses may suck but their offenses are the best bar none. That Oklahoma offense in 2017 was some kind of special, Lincoln Ril...

So good that they are 0fer in the CFP. Won't work.

• Or maybe the state of Washington is a mess right now and Dallas offers opportunities and no state income taxes.

• I always wonder how these families have the income to just up and move for HS football. I wonder it for college athletes when you hear it; but high school?

• Blunderbuck said... (original post)I know many people here in WA and OR looking to relocate to where they can lead a quiet life.

You got that right. I'm near Bremerton, fed up with this place, Montana beckons!
  • GABuckgrad said... (original post)In fairness, if the SEC were loaded with pass happy teams, Alabama and UGA would likely not be top ranked defenses statistically. They've ha...

This just isnt accurate. Theres a reason even the bottom dwellers don't run full on air raid in the SEC. It doesnt work when a team plays defense. Look at Oklahoma in the playoffs the last 3 years.

• JDgopher said... (original post)I always wonder how these families have the income to just up and move for HS football. I wonder it for college athletes when you hear it; but high ...

I wonder that also.

• buckzip said... (original post)I wonder that also.

There are a lot of professions that enable you to move and find another job. My wife and I are able to move if we'd ever like to. She's a nurse and I'm an operating engineer, work is plentiful damn near anywhere in the US for both.

• JDgopher said... (original post)I always wonder how these families have the income to just up and move for HS football. I wonder it for college athletes when you hear it; but high ...

Not everyone is poor or have bad credit lol

• Scott VanDelt said... (original post)There are a lot of professions that enable you to move and find another job. My wife and I are able to move if we'd ever like to. She...

If either of my sons had been a Blue Chip athlete in anything I would have been willing to move (if needed) to give him an opportunity to excell.... I was a teacher/coach at the time... Have since retired.

• In any case, BK states there's no truth to the rumored move at this link.

• meyer 4 prez said... (original post)Not everyone is poor or have bad credit lol

Honestly, Texas is probably cheaper than Washington as well.