Mike Pereira

Mike Pereira

Arrow1
  • Is it just me or does anybody else think Mike Pereira, the Fox rules analyst, hates the Buckeyes? I rewatched last season and it seems he usually points out how the ruling should go against the Buckeyes. I know I have a Buckeye bias, but I rarely recall him explaining a ruling in favor of the Bucks. He has become the new Mark May for me. The other analyst, Dean Blandino, seems to be much more neutral in his explanations of any review.

• Discussion
  • My only take away from the FOX rules analysts is that they are wrong on nearly every replay call.

If you put money down against all of their guesses, you could pay your mortgage every weekend.

• He’s terrible. So is Blandino. Steratore is better but is so worried about saying a call was bad and going against his brethren that he’s also tough to take.

• Mike Pereira does a excellent job FOX IMO..However there was an interesting twist in Pereira's interpretation of the controversial fumble-TD call the next day..

The next day December 29..Mike Pereira weighed in on the controversial incompletion in the Fiesta Bowl between Ohio State University Football and Clemson Football stating "To me, it's close and shouldn't have been overturned."

Pereira's interpretation reversal proves that 'controversial incompletion' was very very close call..BTW The controversial incompletion was factor but did not cost Ohio State game!

• gessig said... (original post)Mike Pereira does a excellent job FOX IMO..However there was an interesting twist in Pereira's interpretation of the controversial fumble-TD cal...

Not sure what world you live in, bro, but a reversed call leading to a six point swing in a game decided by five points would seem to fall into the very definition of a call that cost OSU the game. It’s all old news but just saying...

This post was edited by Liebawitz 4 months ago

• How were you able to re watch last season? Seems like so many games have been removed from YouTube

• Liebawitz said... (original post)Not sure what world you live in, bro, but a reversed call leading to a six point swing in a game decided by five points would seem to fall into th...

Disagree ..Point #1 .. Are you assuming Coach Day STILL elects to pass on 4th down (Olave TD) late in the game instead of kicking the FG had the return-TD not been overturned .. Coach Day late game decisions in a close game may have BEEN COMPLETELY different had the TD not been overturned..

Point #2..The defensive collapse vs Clemson was a huge contributor to the loss

We live in the same world but our perspectives are obviously different...

This post was edited by gessig 4 months ago

• BeatIt said... (original post)How were you able to re watch last season? Seems like so many games have been removed from YouTube

Perhaps DVR. I have a lot of OSU games saved on my DVR. My wife is like "Can we erase the 2014 Big Ten Championship Game yet?" I'm like "Nope."

• Buckeye fans think anyone that does not praise the Buckeyes hates the Buckeyes.

• Dave Biddle said... (original post)Perhaps DVR. I have a lot of OSU games saved on my DVR. My wife is like "Can we erase the 2014 Big Ten Championship Game yet?" I'...

Ridiculous isn’t it? Same thing at my house.

• Duane said... (original post)Buckeye fans think anyone that does not praise the Buckeyes hates the Buckeyes.

What's wrong with that!? roflmao
  • gessig said... (original post)Mike Pereira does a excellent job FOX IMO..However there was an interesting twist in Pereira's interpretation of the controversial fumble-TD cal...

He wasn’t the only one who said it should not have been overturned.

• gessig said... (original post)Disagree ..Point #1 .. Are you assuming Coach Day STILL elects to pass on 4th down (Olave TD) late in the game instead of kicking the FG had the retu...

We lost by 6. A TD is worth 6 points. Add in the extra point and we win. That overturned call did cost the game. We had chances but to act like it had no impact is just another example of how your bias is always against OSU. Not sure why you are like that. Maybe you think constantly being negative towards OSU makes you appear intellectual and fair?

• Duane said... (original post)Buckeye fans think anyone that does not praise the Buckeyes hates the Buckeyes.

All fam bases do it

Is it was to Close to that should have stood. It Has to be Indisputable

Why do you hate the Buckeyes so much, you traitor?!? (Just kidding....)

• Buckeye Warrior said... (original post)We lost by 6. A TD is worth 6 points. Add in the extra point and we win. That overturned call did cost the game. We had chances but to act l...

Buckeye Warrior ..Watch the 4th quarter as a student of the game especially Clemson's final drive and still try to convince yourself that the overturned call did cost the Buckeyes the game .. Clemson made the plays and unfortunately the Buckeye's did not.

• GaBuck said... (original post)Is it just me or does anybody else think Mike Pereira, the Fox rules analyst, hates the Buckeyes? I rewatched last season and it seems he usually poi...

I've felt he was an idiot since Corey Smith's flag for targeting against Wisconsin in 2014 BIG title game.
  • DaveInNerk said... (original post)My only take away from the FOX rules analysts is that they are wrong on nearly every replay call.If you put money down against all of their guess...

Dean Blandino is also a referee apologist.

Some make this true. I just watch these rules guys say stupid stuff in other games as well.
  • Dave Biddle said... (original post)Perhaps DVR. I have a lot of OSU games saved on my DVR. My wife is like "Can we erase the 2014 Big Ten Championship Game yet?" I'm like "Nope."

YouTube has most of them. The ones on Fox tend to get deleted, though.
  • gessig said... (original post)Buckeye Warrior ..Watch the 4th quarter as a student of the game especially Clemson's final drive and still try to convince yourself that the ov...

Points were literally taken off the scoreboard. Quit acting like it had zero impact. When a game is dead even the slightest mistake will make the difference. In this case, the mistake was the replay booth. Yes Ohio State has a few chances.

• My problem with all of the replay analyst is that on a close call they never take a stand before the ruling. They talk about the play but don’t come out and say it should be or it shouldn’t be overturned. To me that’s what they should be telling us. Once the ruling is announced their standard line is “its a tough call (as if we didn’t know that) and they can see why the ruling was made.” So exactly what value do they bring? Absolutely Nothing!

• gessig said... (original post)Disagree ..Point #1 .. Are you assuming Coach Day STILL elects to pass on 4th down (Olave TD) late in the game instead of kicking the FG had the retu...

We were discussing "the" blown call that led to a defensive touchdown being taken off the board. That "this" may have been different and "that" may have been different is beside the point. A meteor could have struck the stadium and killed everyone in attendance, too. Just stick to the simple point of a blown call, bro.

• These guys are put in the booth to do one job: interpret the rules. Instead they are asked to give their opinion on how a call will go. That’s the fault of FOX, and their announcing crews. They put these guys in a bad spot.

• Liebawitz said... (original post)We were discussing "the" blown call that led to a defensive touchdown being taken off the board. That "this" may have been dif...

You are wrong..again..The discusion was not about the" blown call that led to a defensive touchdown being taken off the board...The thread is about Mike Pereira, the Fox rules analyst, hates the Buckeyes?..Then the thread deteriorated into 'the blown call' costing Ohio State the game..