OT - Lane Kiffin

OT - Lane Kiffin

Arrow11
  • Heavy rumors building in Fayetteville that the Lane train is coming. Woooooo pig sooooie.

Lock up the women Arky. Life in the fast Lane about to become reality

• Discussion
  • Joey freshwater unleashed

• If anyone is looking for an OC in 4-5yrs, I'm already heading Lane Kiffin is available.

• https://youtu.be/0TvJy2Ot48M

He needs to go back to Bama

• One of my favorite skits ever
  • I live in NW Arkansas and I think this would be a great hire for them. Honestly, those of you not local, do you even realize Arkansas has a program any more? They were horrible this year. I thought Chad Morris would be a good hire because Urban wanted him over Tom Herman. He was so bad Larry Coker wondered what the hell he was doing.

Lane, while a polarizing figure, will bring attention to the program. They have unrealistic expectations here, but Kiffin will get them to bowl games again, which have been lacking for a long time. They should be able to win 3 of 4 non-conference games next year (lose to ND in South Bend) and should be able to beat the Mississippi teams and Mizzou. That would be a marked improvement over the crap that has been on the field the last two years.

I read a lot of message boards and people are down on Arkansas for only giving Morris not even two years, but believe me, that guy had to go, this program is at the absolute lowest a program can be without shutting it down.

Rumors from a guy in the athletic department are they have Kiffin locked up and are going hard after Charlie Strong as DC and Kendall Briles as OC. They may suck next year, but at least people will be talking about them!

• ncbuckeye3 said... (original post) I live in NW Arkansas and I think this would be a great hire for them. Honestly, those of you not local, do you even realize Arkansas has a prog...

That would be a homerun hiring across the board if they could pull it off.

• I was never a fan, but Kiffin seems to have grown up. Would be a good hire.

• Arkansas is a program where you can win 9 games fairly easily and with good coaching 10-11 in some years.

It would be a good way for Kiffin to get back to being a power 5 head coach and if he is sucessful he could land a bigger job in 3-4 years

• It would be very difficult for them to do any better.

• Mike Leach to ole miss

• Hey ncbuckeye3, I live in NW Arkansas area as well. There are lots of Buckeye fans here! (And everywhere for that matter). Should come out to some alumni club stuff or catch a game.

(The sec bias is hilarious - Had a guy on Saturday argue that Bama has played a tougher schedule and is more deserving to get into the playoffs as a TWO LOSS team than the Buckeyes).

• MannekenPis said... (original post) Mike Leach to ole miss

Or the Memphis coach........

• This is who Miami needs to hire but he would be great at Arkansas as well. The guy is a brilliant offensive mind and if he ever gets out of being a teenager, he would be a great coach.

• BillGreene said... (original post) This is who Miami needs to hire but he would be great at Arkansas as well. The guy is a brilliant offensive mind and if he ever gets out of bein...

I would be looking hard at him if I where FSU too. Guy can recruit too.

• KSU_Buck said... (original post) I would be looking hard at him if I where FSU too. Guy can recruit too.

Would be a great choice for FSU as well. He is a personality and he can coach.

There is risk with his immaturity of course and you have to hope he has grown up.

• buckydent said... (original post) Or the Memphis coach........

The smart money is on Norvell to Florida State.