OT-DeWine conference tonight at 5:30pm

OT-DeWine conference tonight at 5:30pm

• Not talking politics at all or anything like that, but any Bucknuts staffers or anybody have any insight as to why DeWine is having this tonight at 5:30pm? Just thought it was odd he cancelled yesterday and is having one so late today. Again, not talking politics just didn't know if he might mention sports or something like that. Thanks!

• Discussion
  • My guess is a much more strict state mask order.

• ii OHIOSTATE ii said... (original post)My guess is a much more strict state mask order.

I guess at this point if it means a greater chance of high school, college, and pro football I'll take it. I know Walmart and SAMS club are making mask wearing mandatory starting next week

• To make it seem more dramatic, urgent, ominous, etc.

• Or he’s waiting on some info that won’t be available until then. Or he wants to put one of these pressers after 5pm for folks that work traditional office hours? Or it’s all part of the big “hoax”.

• ii OHIOSTATE ii said... (original post)My guess is a much more strict state mask order.

My guess as well. Along with impending doom of all humanity based off 1,000+ positives or something.
  • Hoping they don’t shut some of the state back down. It’s really not that big of an ask and most of its common sense. Wash your hands, wear a mask, keep your distance from other people. If that’s the price of admission for opening things back up or having a football season then seems like a reasonable ask.

God I hope ur rt

• Ohio isn't even doing poorly. I'm not sure why an extended mask order would be necessary. We are at the lowest death rate we've been at since about 20 days into them tracking detailed stats (about 90 days ago), and cases and hospitalizations are pretty steady.

This post was edited by Wydileie 24 days ago

• He realized yesterday was Tuesday and he is going to announce starting today is free Taco Wednesday.

• Wydileie said... (original post)Ohio isn't even doing poorly. I'm not sure why an extended mask order would be necessary. We are at the lowest death rate we've been ...

It is a DeWine thing. He has been at the top of the list of overly cautious Governors. Not liking him calling a press conference. Not all. Betting this is something you and I don’t want to hear.

• buckzip said... (original post)He realized yesterday was Tuesday and he is going to announce starting today is free Taco Wednesday.

Doubt it. That would require people leaving the house.

• Duane said... (original post)Doubt it. That would require people leaving the house.

Some deliver. Free tacos but a $25 delivery charge plus a tip.

• 17 hospitalizations and 1 death in Butler county this month... straight to purple!

• Don’t be surprised if high school sports are shut down....I hope not, but hearing some noise about it that impacts the business I work in.

• OSUFAN99 said... (original post)Don’t be surprised if high school sports are shut down....I hope not, but hearing some noise about it that impacts the business I work in.

That's weird considering OHSAA just released something yesterday that fall sports will go on as scheduled and it will be each schools decision on what to do

• BuckNutDiablo said... (original post)That's weird considering OHSAA just released something yesterday that fall sports will go on as scheduled and it will be each schools dec...

I believe that is called passing the buck. Just rolled the decision makers for every high school district under the bus.

• Exactly. I was surprised to hear it as well. Not saying it will happen, just Was floating around our company today as it could mean job losses for a part of our org. Hopefully there’s nothing to it. But in today’s world, it wouldn’t shock me.

• Wydileie said... (original post)Ohio isn't even doing poorly. I'm not sure why an extended mask order would be necessary. We are at the lowest death rate we've been at since about ...

Absolutely isn't necessary. Hasn't been all along imo. IMG_20200715_151855.jpg
  • Must be something big.

• OSUFAN99 said... (original post)Don’t be surprised if high school sports are shut down....I hope not, but hearing some noise about it that impacts the business I work in.

God if I was a senior I'd be furious. I can't even imagine making that decision based on the actual data we have. Especially since you guys up in Ohio seem to be doing just fine. Hell, it's worse here in South Carolina, especially where I am in Greenville. Let's hope he's just grandstanding some more to get people to take this as seriously as the politicians think we should.

• Heard it was a stern demand on wearing masks with the leverage being if things don’t get better in the coming weeks he goes to county by county lock down.

• Annabuck said... (original post)Heard it was a stern demand on wearing masks with the leverage being if things don’t get better in the coming weeks he goes to county by county loc...

If thats the case then we'll all be shut down a month or so after all the K-12 schools are back.
  • Hope it’s not bars shutting back down cause I’m coming back to Ohio to visit next week and want to pull some strange

• Dave Biddle said... (original post)Must be something big.

I’m thinking.

• Dirtnasty said... (original post)Hope it’s not bars shutting back down cause I’m coming back to Ohio to visit next week and want to pull some strange

lol, I'm just hoping to have our annual fantasy draft in Dayton next month. No strange required...